Marauder Quirks Need Love

45 replies to this topic

#1 MrVei

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:01 AM

why are the quirks on the marauders so weak compaired to other IS mechs? 5% heat, no ac cool down, no ppc range. come on, give the stock load out some love like other IS gets. what i would like to see is each one get a bump geared to the stock load out weapons
3R should be ppc range and heat 10-20% ac5 cool down 10-20% and ppc speed 30-50%
other IS mechs get same or better so why was PGI shy with the new mechs?
what would you all change on the MAD line if you could?

#2 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

Because it a good solid fast tank is heavy in a good place that doesn't need to be buffed just for the sake of being buffed?

#3 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:12 AM

Marauders could be better without additional quirks, IF they could run an XL reasonably well. Those side torsos really don't last and the reliance on heavy STD engines definitely curbs firepower.

At least PGI resized it to he...lp...ummm....never mind.

Seriously though, I think some hitbox tweaking is in order. I'm not sure it will help with a mile long side torso anyway, but it needs some help and I'm sure PGI isn't ever going to remodel it to change that.

#4 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:13 AM

Because they have great hardpoint locations and great hitboxes? Most marauders I've gone up against are pretty hard to kill.

Offensive quirks should also be scaled back to increase time to kill, which would mean nerfing the overperformers rather than buffing the underperformers (of which I don't believe this is one).

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

The Marauders already get some diesel quirks, they don't need any "love".

#6 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 30 June 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

Marauders could be better without additional quirks, IF they could run an XL reasonably well. Those side torsos really don't last and the reliance on heavy STD engines definitely curbs firepower.

Seriously though, I think some hitbox tweaking is in order. I'm not sure it will help with a mile long side torso anyway, but it needs some help and I'm sure PGI isn't ever going to remodel it to change that.

I have xl 350 and 360 in every single marauder I own and my bounty hunter has an xl300. Reasonably well? The marauder has the greatest hit boxes in this game if you haven't figured out how to tank with them then that's on you. The mech doesn't need to be buffed at all.

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

Really? I've run 350 and 355 XLs in the MADs pretty well. If you XL a Marauder you do it for speed while retaining firepower, not for more firepower.

#8 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

The MAD-5D and -BH definitely needs PPC-quirks. It is a sin not to run them with PPCs... but in the absence of quirks, one has to be a sinner.
Other than that, the Marauder line is quite fine.

#9 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

why do you want that? the MAD can perfectly well shield it's CT for a long nosed mech thats great. running a STD is therefore a very good thing. Nothing is more annoying than havign to dismantle a Marauder. Any boxchanges would mostlikely mean more CT, and thats going to be worse.

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

As a Marauder owner, I say their quirks are juuust fine. Heck, I can duel CSRMs + CSPLs brawler Timberwolf using MAD-3R, packing dual UAC5s + MLs and win half the time. That says something.

#11 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:47 AM

Yikes, I struck a nerve lol.

I've never had terribly good luck with it's side torsos, but I'm willing to give people a benefit of a doubt and try XLs again for a while (when I get a round to piloting them again).

#12 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 June 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

As a Marauder owner, I say their quirks are juuust fine. Heck, I can duel CSRMs + CSPLs brawler Timberwolf using MAD-3R, packing dual UAC5s + MLs and win half the time. That says something.

Have you run them since the rescale? I felt like it really cost them durability.

#13 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

Mechs don't need quirks or nerfing. Pilots need to git gud.

#14 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostTercieI, on 30 June 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Have you run them since the rescale? I felt like it really cost them durability.

I have, and I haven't noticed any real difference. Hell, yesterday I got up in an Atlas's grill trying to finish him off, and while trying to get a clean shot at his exposed CT (he was defensively twisting like a boss) I ended up tanking a lot of damage from his teammates without even trying to... in an XL Marauder.

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

No, but since my Warhammers are performing just fine post enlargement, I think the Marauders are fine too.

#16 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:16 AM

View PostEscef, on 30 June 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

I have, and I haven't noticed any real difference. Hell, yesterday I got up in an Atlas's grill trying to finish him off, and while trying to get a clean shot at his exposed CT (he was defensively twisting like a boss) I ended up tanking a lot of damage from his teammates without even trying to... in an XL Marauder.

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 June 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

No, but since my Warhammers are performing just fine post enlargement, I think the Marauders are fine too.

I felt like my CT got hit a lot more. That slim stripe wasn't so slim any more.

#17 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:21 AM

View PostTercieI, on 30 June 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

I felt like my CT got hit a lot more. That slim stripe wasn't so slim any more.

Silly question, do you run 325 or smaller engines? Because the lower twist speed from the smaller engines might be exaggerating it. Since I tend to run 350XLs, my twist speed is jacked, which probably causes me to not see this difference you speak of.

#18 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

Before the rescale I would believed it being able to tank a lot of players in SRMs brawlers against it quite effectively due to it being to eat SRMs on the torsos and stay up for a good amount of time. I had collected some decent amounts of salt and some hackusations about armor hacks with my MADs. It was actually pretty good and possibly a tad underated imo.
Now it eats **** to CT all day so even hull down firing it's lost a lot of the luster, and it wasn't like they weren't vulnerable to an experienced player who knew what to shoot on it in the brawl. If it's tanking in open brawl, they just don't know enough about the game, the MAD, or brawling.

I think it lost it's niche.

Edited by Ghogiel, 30 June 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#19 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PostEscef, on 30 June 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

Silly question, do you run 325 or smaller engines? Because the lower twist speed from the smaller engines might be exaggerating it. Since I tend to run 350XLs, my twist speed is jacked, which probably causes me to not see this difference you speak of.

Tried a bunch of things though mostly STDs. I did try big XL, but wasn't sold on the advantages, at least pre-rescale.

#20 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Fix the Orion first. The Protector should get those PPC quirks from the Marauder because Kerensky's "Orion ON1-K Kerensky" had a special Lostech snub-nose PPC. (I guess the ON1-K needs the PPC quirks too!)

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users