45 replies to this topic

#41 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:55 AM

View PostCoolant, on 01 July 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

The best quirk about the Marauder is it takes way more damage than it should...because of that it doesn't need more quirks.

Not if you know how to shoot it. Extremely vulnerable to legging, and taking a side isn't actually that difficult if you just bias your reticle positioning to visual left. Take the right every time and it will either be neutered or dead. Move on to the next target. If it has an AC (or PPC in the torso on the 5D) it cannot actually shield the right side; it can be hit from any angle unless you are playing a shorter 'Mech.

One thing Marauders do not do well at all is poke. They are fantastic for power positioning and aggressive maneuvers but god-awful for defensive play.

#42 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostTercieI, on 30 June 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Have you run them since the rescale? I felt like it really cost them durability.

/em sad lonely Jenner just stares out from the corner.

#43 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:22 PM

Being a filthy Clanner, I don't own a Marauder myself, but I never found them to be that scary. They weren't completely terrible mechs or anything like that, just pretty average. If they run an XL they tend to die pretty quickly when someone takes out their side to remove more than half their firepower or because just about every popular IS heavy runs an XL. If they go and run a STD engine they are either very slow and act like a weak assault mech or have bad firepower.

They don't really have what the Black Knight has with its massed light weapons and humanoid shape allowing it to spread damage even better while giving the option to bring an STD engine and still have decent speed and firepower or XL to max out firepower.

Overall I wouldn't want one myself, don't really like the build options and the blimp nose mechs lose out on arm shielding.

If anything I can see giving all variants 3R level quirks, seeing as it has the best structure, best PPC vel quirks, second best energy quirks, a few offensive quirks for its non energy weapons, great mobility quirks, and arguably the best available loadouts due to its ability to throw on 3 ballistics with its 4 lasers.

Its sorta like how PGI gave no quirks to the KDK-1 and KDK-5 but buffed the KDK-3 when I look at Marauder quirks.

Edited by Dakota1000, 01 July 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#44 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 01 July 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

Being a filthy Clanner, I don't own a Marauder myself, but I never found them to be that scary. They weren't completely terrible mechs or anything like that, just pretty average. If they run an XL they tend to die pretty quickly when someone takes out their side to remove more than half their firepower or because just about every popular IS heavy runs an XL.

You have been facing some very mediocre Marauder pilots. :P

#45 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 July 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

You have been facing some very mediocre Marauder pilots. Posted Image

Most likely, though they happen to be the majority.

#46 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 01 July 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

Most likely, though they happen to be the majority.

True, though hardly a condition unique to the Marauder.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users