I Think Thats A New Record Falcons !

51 replies to this topic

#1 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

So, we're about 100 min in the attack phase and you already have 85% scouting wins.
That's some impressive work that is, its so sad that it's nearly funny again.

The sealclubbing is real Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Count Zero 74, 30 June 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#2 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

Big event = Noob meta in force. Clans have better meds and light trials right now.

#3 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostIron Buccaneer, on 30 June 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

Big event = Noob meta in force. Clans have better meds and light trials right now.

I doubt anyone on the IS side is going to complete the events, they should give us advice notice when they do this so we can all go clan

#4 windermere

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

looks like the legs on Stormcrows got a few buffs too.

#5 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostCzarr, on 30 June 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

I doubt anyone on the IS side is going to complete the events, they should give us advice notice when they do this so we can all go clan

*fixed

I doubt anyone on the IS side is going to complete the events, they should give us advice notice when they do this so we can all go Jade Falcon

#6 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:17 AM

Scrubs can not into SRM Griffin and teamwork in a (gasp) team based mode.

#7 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:22 AM

We lost more than 50% of our scouting matches yesterday after the event started due to smart IS pilots working as a team, even though we were mostly sporting Streaks on Stormcrows and also teamed up on TS.

Stop whining, get in a good scouting build and coordinate with mates to win.

If JF is winning scouting so badly, learn how to be better than them at coordinating builds + pilots. Simple as that.

#8 Contrex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:29 AM

View PostLehmund, on 01 July 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

We lost more than 50% of our scouting matches yesterday after the event started due to smart IS pilots working as a team, even though we were mostly sporting Streaks on Stormcrows and also teamed up on TS.

If JF is winning scouting so badly, learn how to be better than them at coordinating builds + pilots. Simple as that.

Thats the point. U faced IS pilots playing in teams. These kind of matches are balanced. The problems are the fights of our pugs and new players.

Skillcrow is just easier to play for new players then the mediums on IS side.

The people who care a bit more about the game and have some more games played, know how to play against the skillcrow. The new players dont. So IS is losing scoutgames on every single planet.

We had been scouting with 3 groups and winning nearly every game, and the planet still lost intel, because the pugs lost the games faster then we had been able to win them.

Edit: so 2 possibilities to balance it:

reduce the tonnage to 50t OR dont allow people who played less then xxx games to join scoutmatches.

Edited by Contrex, 01 July 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#9 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:03 AM

Strange.

What i saw last night was Jag losing to IS and all 3 Jade defense planets losing to IS as well. Are we seeing the same map?

This logic that only IS side has new players,...are you for real?

Trial Crow is not streak nor srm. Most new players cant invest their little monies to 1 to 3 Crows just to play scouting, so they play with other, perhaps weaker or less suited boats.

#10 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostLehmund, on 01 July 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

So I would highly recommend taking decent mechs and ditching streaks cos they really are ****.

#11 Tanil Kane

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:05 AM

The previous FP event was the same, took a few days before people on the IS side realized the game mode wasn't about loading up spiders and commando's.

#12 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:25 AM

What I have seen this morning is every clan front ahead 75-100 % on scouting, with significant population advantages on all scouting queues, and a resultant lack of IS pilots in the invasion modes.

For real, the clan advantage in scouting may kill the invasion portion of the event for both sides.

#13 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostSsamout, on 01 July 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

So I would highly recommend taking decent mechs and ditching streaks cos they really are ****.

This. We had stiff competition on Outpost last night, but my group still won 80% of our fights on scouting last night there. Teamwork, and not taking streaks. Waste of tonnage.

Ironically, then we went to the CJF invasion corredor and had worse competition. People fight the Bears to seal club, and the seals engage the Falcons. After a few drops on Outpost where we actually were winning fights against the IS, I noticed people queuing less on the planet for Scout. Almost like people wanted to beat up the crippled kids. :P

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 01 July 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#14 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:59 AM

After getting reamed by the dumb Long Tom, I jumped into Scouting Queue to try to knock it under 90%. Won 7 out of 8 matches, but it still kept climbing until it got to 100%.

Get it together Inner Sphere bros! Bring a mech with super-quirks, Focus legs, and you'll crush those streak stormcrows that can only splash damage all over you.

#15 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:23 AM

No worries,the event will be over soon and we'll be a happy (though small) family again.

Seriously, the scout queues are usually pretty empty, maybe 3 or 4 teams in queue. If Clans are getting Tom at all its usually towards the end of an attack phase and even then one or two 4 mans are able to take it away with the low scouting numbers outside events. Even the Clans figured that they won't get matches when they scout too much (and thats a great achievement for them, they aren't breed for intelligence u know Posted Image ).

Scout queues are stacked with seals cause of the event which means the Clanners get Long Tom vry quick. It's sad but it's the truth.

#16 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Streak crows are annoying, but the 6 Small Pulse, + 2-3 SRM6 rack crows or UAC/20 crows are pretty brutal.

#17 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

You're welcome.

#18 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostIron Buccaneer, on 30 June 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

Clan noobs also have advantage. Just join a pug match and look what they do when you have new players in it. They will try to shot med lasers over long ranges. I mean the red cross flashes, I did some damage right? Now the question: Who would mostly always win in range trading?
Clan mechs is easy mode unless you drop against organized and/or skilled players.

Edited by maniacos, 01 July 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostJman5, on 01 July 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

After getting reamed by the dumb Long Tom, I jumped into Scouting Queue to try to knock it under 90%. Won 7 out of 8 matches, but it still kept climbing until it got to 100%.

Get it together Inner Sphere bros! Bring a mech with super-quirks, Focus legs, and you'll crush those streak stormcrows that can only splash damage all over you.

It's the pugs.

You can pug on the Clan side and win about 70% because your terribads in skillcrows are mediocre, solid vs IS terribad pugs. You can not pug IS scout queue because your terribads don't have a streak crutch and their terribad shows through.

If you have a Clan alt, fire it up or make one and pug in scout queue. You'll see clearly what's going on. Team v pug is always a win. It's the pug v pug matches that are skewed.

#20 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

#PUGlivesmatter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users