Top 10 Reasons Why My Friends Do Not Play ....

66 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree? (170 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree?

1. Yes (50 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. No (120 votes [70.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostDoktorbike, on 17 April 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Ahh, so it's all just pure guesswork then? I am in no way disrespecting your programming skills, I just feel it's damaging to the game to use facts that aren't public knowledge. This is a tactic used by the 'mass media' & look where that's gotten us all.

Are you a Martian? Your logic is as if you are a resident of another world. This is a fact that does not require proof. As an axiom in geometry. What is not clear? if a player can not read in another language, he will never play this game. As you will never use a site on which everything will be written in Russian. In addition, my words are confirmed by a direct poll of people I know.

Edited by Nimnul, 17 April 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#42 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:42 AM

View PostNimnul, on 17 April 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

Are you a Martian? Your logic is as if you are a resident of another world. This is a fact that does not require proof. As an axiom in geometry. What is not clear? if a player can not read in another language, he will never play this game. As you will never use a site on which everything will be written in Russian. In addition, my words are confirmed by a direct poll of people I know.

Yes, you are right, I would not use a site written in Russian. You have to accept that English has been chosen worldwide as the international language. You seem to be asking for the code to be rewritten for multiple languages, an increase to the graphical fidelity & also at the same time a lowering of cpu requirements??? That is otherworldly logic I'm afraid, unless you are volunteering the cash up front to do all this you can keep on dreaming. This game is loved by a lot of people, not the levels off AA games but still by a lot.
For your info I have an AMD 965 Black Edition, 8gb 1066 DDR3 ram & a GTX 970 & I'm getting 45-60FPS, mostly upper 50's. Now that's some old equipment but I still get good FPS, maybe your system needs upgrading?

#43 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostDoktorbike, on 18 April 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

You have to accept that English has been chosen worldwide as the international language.

Do not confuse the whole world and Europe + the United States. The whole world is much more than you think. Our representatives in the UN speak Russian ...

For your info I have an AMD 965 Black Edition, 8gb 1066 DDR3 ram & a GTX 970 & I'm getting 45-60FPS,

I have Core i7 (2.8MZ 4 cores) 8gb DD3 & Radeon HD 5800 and i have 7 FPS on water, and 30 FPS at another places (if no fire) with very low video settings.

You seem to be asking for the code to be rewritten for multiple languages, an increase to the graphical fidelity & also at the same time a lowering of cpu requirements???

Imagine this is not a miracle when professional developers work. And not Indians or students. I know people who have iron much better than mine, but they play at the lowest video settings. It kills the game that I like.

#44 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

View PostNimnul, on 24 April 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Do not confuse the whole world and Europe + the United States. The whole world is much more than you think. Our representatives in the UN speak Russian ...

I have Core i7 (2.8MZ 4 cores) 8gb DD3 & Radeon HD 5800 and i have 7 FPS on water, and 30 FPS at another places (if no fire) with very low video settings.

Imagine this is not a miracle when professional developers work. And not Indians or students. I know people who have iron much better than mine, but they play at the lowest video settings. It kills the game that I like.

I am not confusing the world in any way. English is the recognised international language & that's it I'm afraid, just because you or people you know don't like that won't change anything as it's fact.
Your PC is below the stated system requirements. Low FPS? erm?? go figure
So, yea.............................

#45 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:27 AM

View PostNimnul, on 24 April 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Core i7 (2.8MZ 4 cores) , HD5800

2.8? really ?
Cryengine eats those CPU cycles and still wants double that after .
Gotta UP those CPU speeds significantly or you will keep your low FPS .

Also your GPU is quite old and not really up to task for this game .
Your PC is in no way "powerful", sorry .

Compare it with mine (which also isnt powerful) :
i5-3570K 4.3GHz, 24GB 1833MHz DDR3, GTX1070, 1920x1080@120Hz ... my FPS dip all the way down to 40 (from 135 max FPS) .
Clearly even my PC isnt powerful enough .

As for localisation :
I dont think this will ever happen, since the amount of work spent on that would hardly be used well .
Also ... in Central Europe we pride ourselves (or more precise our schooling system) to learn a second language besides our motherlanguage, if not more .

I had 5 years of Latin, besides my english . Funnily, learning Latin made me capable of instinctively feeling my way through both the german and the english grammar without error, once I was past a certain level in Latin skills .

Why do Russians so often insist that their language is spoken when you guys play all over the globe, not inside Russia with your own guys ?
Be polite, go out of your way to have at least a minimal base of communications .
Because everytime I talk or write english I am going out of my way to do the same courtesy to all non-german speakers, why cant you proud russkies do that too more often ?

P.s: Why dont you learn us a bit of russian, while we are here, maybe you can hook someone to learn it fully ? I´d be interested in at least learning basics in russian language, just because its really awesome speaking more than your own motherlanguage .

Edited by The Shortbus, 25 April 2017 - 01:31 AM.

#46 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

View PostDoktorbike, on 25 April 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

English is the recognised international language

Lol recognized by whom? Who recognized this language? Where are the documents, where is the list? I recognize myself as a god, and what's next? The Western world thinks too much of itself. Overestimates his place in the world.

#47 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostNimnul, on 05 May 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

Lol recognized by whom? Who recognized this language? Where are the documents, where is the list? I recognize myself as a god, and what's next? The Western world thinks too much of itself. Overestimates his place in the world.

http://aboutworldlan...ional-languages
https://www.washingt...m=.960f78840f4f

The official languages of the UN are English, Chinese, Russian, and French. The official languages of NATO are English and French.

Chinese and Russian is spoken in the most numbers, but rarely outside of their home country.

English is the widest international language while French is the official language of diplomacy.

https://img.washingt...try1.jpg&w=1484

https://img.washingt...ers1.jpg&w=1484

Edited by Athom83, 05 May 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#48 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:21 AM

View PostAthom83, on 05 May 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

http://aboutworldlan...ional-languages
https://www.washingt...m=.960f78840f4f

The official languages of the UN are English, Chinese, Russian, and French. The official languages of NATO are English and French.

Chinese and Russian is spoken in the most numbers, but rarely outside of their home country.

English is the widest international language while French is the official language of diplomacy.

https://img.washingt...try1.jpg&w=1484

https://img.washingt...ers1.jpg&w=1484

Thank you good sir. Excellent info there

#49 Mauipigen

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

Lol... how can OP say an 7-8 year old GFX card is powerful??? Also, an i7 with 2,8Mhz... that must be an i7-930 or an i7-860, a 1st or 2nd generation i7, both from 2008/9.... your pc is old and quite slow by today's standards, it's practically ancient in tech terms. Calling it powerful is quite the lie. The i3 processors of today bends your CPU over the table and have their way with them. an i7 is not just an i7. What generation it is from makes quite the difference. A 1st generation i7-975 Extreme Edition (3,3GHz) will get absolutely slaughtered by a 7th generation i3-7167 (2,8GHz) CPU in most applications.

Personally, I'm glad the game isn't localized to other languages, because that usually means one of two things:

1. Each language have their own servers, reducing the amount of people playing the english version, leading to longer queues.
or
2. I have to put up with people using chat/voice chat in languages I don't understand.

And I'm not a native English speaker....

#50 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostMauipigen, on 31 May 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

Lol... how can OP say an 7-8 year old GFX card is powerful??? Also, an i7 with 2,8Mhz... that must be an i7-930 or an i7-860, a 1st or 2nd generation i7, both from 2008/9.... your pc is old and quite slow by today's standards, it's practically ancient in tech terms. Calling it powerful is quite the lie.

I ran on an Intel Duo 2.9ghz up until about 18 months ago. It was brutal, particularly when LRMs started flying. Advice to OP:
1) Start saving money for a new computer
2) While you are waiting, read up on optmization of your config.sys This thread link is out of date, but should get you started...
http://mwomercs.com/...-core-machines/

#51 ReconRod

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

been playing 4 yrs now. there is so much more to the game that should be fixed none of them are on your list!!!!

#52 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

Lol... how can OP say an 7-8 year old GFX card is powerful??? Also, an i7 with 2,8Mhz...

You're right ... I overclocked my CPU and now I have 4GHz. In the game I have 40-60 fps. I do not plan on changing my computer. Because only program slows down, what i have, this game. Today, there are no fundamental decisions on the market, which give an order of magnitude more.

Edited by Nimnul, 04 July 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#53 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

1. Each language have their own servers, reducing the amount of people playing the english version, leading to longer queues.
or
2. I have to put up with people using chat/voice chat in languages I don't understand.

1. Separate players is a bad decision. Typically, new servers are launched to split the load. This is a performance problem.
2. To accept it is not so difficult? After all, you can communicate with your friends in the TS. Or in your unit.

I think that the increase in players in 10 times outweighs all the disadvantages.

#54 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

View PostReconRod, on 17 June 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

been playing 4 yrs now. there is so much more to the game that should be fixed none of them are on your list!!!!

The fact that this list is a zero-day problems. The game just do not have to go without every item on the list.

Edited by Nimnul, 04 July 2017 - 09:50 PM.

#55 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:53 PM

#1 reason my friends don't play: They want to be able to roleplay in an MMO environment, not FPS in BSR. (Big Stompy Robots) Right now, we're all playing in Solaris tournaments, and expected to believe that this is really interplanetary warfare on a galactic scale.

I personally enjoy both, but even I would much rather RP than I would "Solaris Tournament" all the time.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 31 July 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#56 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Reasons why i do not like this game and will probably never evern spend money on a PGI product again

1.Anti-clan bias: PGI continues to Nerf Clans to the ground I can understand some of the stuff they do but they have gone way to far.

2. IS buffs.

3.skill tree (really never made sense to me)

4. The new skill tree (even worse than the old one

5.Remakes of some maps are actually worse in my opionion.

6. this feels like big stompy robot COD more than battletech MWLL did a much better job of turning the battltech realm into a video game.

7. Tukkaid events; Get over it PGI the Clans won.

8.Whut Omnimechs??? Omnimechs are clearly not omni and ontop of that they've also been nerfed with the forced use of 8/8 omnipod bonuses.

Edited by KursedVixen, 03 August 2017 - 09:05 PM.

#57 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 05 July 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Fog. We had fog. Everybody got ticked off at it so they removed it.
Breakable objects. Yeah we got a few.
Cheats. Go ahead and use them, get caught, get banned.

Should I continue breaking apart the OP's post.

However we are still using a now archaic gfx engine from 2009 where most of our maps are all rough shades of near identical colors (usually various shades of 1-3 colors), whatever the floor color is then 90% of the rest of the map including buildings will probably be the same or a similar color, it makes everything look bland and more like a halflife1 engine game than cryengine, either way its notably dated.

#58 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostMethanoid, on 14 August 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

However we are still using a now archaic gfx engine from 2009 where most of our maps are all rough shades of near identical colors (usually various shades of 1-3 colors), whatever the floor color is then 90% of the rest of the map including buildings will probably be the same or a similar color, it makes everything look bland and more like a halflife1 engine game than cryengine, either way its notably dated.

Makes it run better on lower end system, which I am exceedingly grateful for. (stuck with gaming on a 2012 laptop)

#59 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

As much as I love the game it REALLY needs more map so badly. I'm not even one of the people who claim that's why they won't spend money (and frankly I think its an excuse for some of them) but I see the lack quite clearly despite spending frequently. I like a lot of what PGI are doing but I also find I play a lot for a period then find it samey and switch to just events.

I'd add a way to integrate pugs so they don't feel like cannon fodder into FW but thats probably not going to happen. ;)

That said those comments are more aimed at long term longevity rather than someone new. I will say I struggled to group with new friends to teach them the game as I'd be taking new players into the group queue... I found it strangely more disheartening to watch them get slaughtered than them weirdly.

#60 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:02 AM

View PostMichael Kail, on 08 July 2016 - 12:34 AM, said:

The game is a "thinking player's shooter" that requires you to know your equipment, your tactics, and how to coordinate. I think that's the main reason people don't play this game. There's too much to learn on a steep learning curve.

But what fun! I love this game!
excuse me, thinking? WHEN is thinking EVER involved in this game thinking is constantly being dummbed down in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users