Top 10 Reasons Why My Friends Do Not Play ....

66 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree? (170 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree?

1. Yes (50 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. No (120 votes [70.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

i wanted to see a map with fog so dense, you can see or lock anything past 50m or so...

relying on IFR piloting skills... just like a pilot has to do when weather permits

#62 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 18 August 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

i wanted to see a map with fog so dense, you can see or lock anything past 50m or so...

relying on IFR piloting skills... just like a pilot has to do when weather permits
We already have that it's called MWO Sensors.

ever hear of radar? It doesn't exist in MWO.

want examples?

1. target goes behind you lose lock (radar doesn't do that)

2.line of sight required to get a lock (Radar can go through most material.)

and then we add ECM and the recent Stealth armor to the already unbelivable crap we have that The game calls sensors. Has anybody read what the Beagle active probe actually does?

http://www.sarna.net...le_Active_Probe - read it anyway and see what the probe Actually does

PGI have made battltech sensors and radar to be inferior to real life. why? this isn't COD or any game why can we not have REAL RADAR?

even the Halo motion sensors do better than the sensors in this game.

I don't care if we can't get a lock on someone behind us I'd rather just know they are there, without getting my back blasted out.

what we have in MWO is Line of Sight and C3i computers.

Edited by KursedVixen, 18 August 2017 - 02:34 AM.

#63 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:32 AM

you sound like the type of pilot who says... press r or hold locks, or have lrms hold locks for support...

I think you missed what i was saying.......

#64 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

No, I think you missed the whole topic.

WHY make a map that makes the craptastic sensors we already have WORSE?!

if they gave us Real senors and radar, maybe ,but at the state the game is that map would make people quit faster than they already are.

Edited by KursedVixen, 18 August 2017 - 02:39 AM.

#65 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:39 AM

It is hard to play with friends here. For example, we need an LFG for friends and a friends chat. We need lower tiers friends to be able to play together without having to go against a team.

I know these are not the answers you are looking at.

#66 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

View PostTier5ForLife, on 17 August 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

It is hard to play with friends here. For example, we need an LFG for friends and a friends chat. We need lower tiers friends to be able to play together without having to go against a team.

I know these are not the answers you are looking at.

I agree that you should be able to drop as a 2 man in the QP cue, if one person is tier 3-5.

There is no good way for me to introduce a friend to the game and play WITH them, without throwing them to the wolves or telling them to play solo for a month before we can hang out.

#67 turdburglir

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBest Coast, USA

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

i introduce my friends to the game through the academy. i walk them through the full tutorial and fill in the places the tutorial misses. the academy can be alot of fun for a newb. the captain will blast you from anywhere, the "tester" mechs respawn so you can learn how to use your weapon groups "effectively" (for a newb). you can repair and rearm, and the mini games (running cored, onslaught) are fantastic training tools. my other trick is to make a smurf account to train with my friend(s) that way our tier is the same, and we hit the QP button @ the same time, no group. the game population for tier 4-5 is pretty low, so youre pretty much guaranteed to be in the same game. sometimes we end up on oppo teams, but that can be fun as well.

as to the OP, i dont even know where to start. your friends are lame if they want a game with cheats. what are you 12? cheats are for single player games, not online games. furthermore i have NEVER encountered a cheater in QP.

the graphics: im not even close to running a "hot" computer and i run this game on highest settings and theres no fraps loss. in 4k. so i dont think this is even an issue. i agree that we need more weather effects. a realistic day/night would be nice so i actually have a reason to use night vision.

PVE: dont care, dont want. its a pvp shooter, PVE defeats the whole point of the game. you have the academy, that should be enough. i will add the caveat that the academy should have a squad training function. i think it could be fun to hunt and blast the "turret" mechs with a friend. but as far as "real" PVE with A.I. and stuff, i think its a waste of resources that could be spent improving a myriad of other issues.

maps: YES, MOAR. moar everything here. moar solaris maps, moar QP maps, moar FP maps. THIS is pretty much the only thing you mention that i agree with entirely. the random procedural map idea though doesnt work with the game engine at all though, so thats a non starter. TBH, i would volunteer to help PGI build more maps for this game. i would love to contribute, but so far they arent big on recruiting from the community. they should do like ARK with an open-source map building app and pick and choose maps built by community members they feel are worthy of official adoption and put the "pro touch" to make them game official. the best maps in ARK have come directly from the community. PGI might take a page from that play book.

mech classes: yes, heavies seem to perform far better than assaults in the current game layout, more because its currently just run in and shoot the other guys. its a game of packing the most firepower into the most agile frame you can. slow, lumbering things that dont have THAT much more firepower than a heavy make the assaults more or less useless in the current game.

localisation: im gonna kind of agree with you on this. PGI wants MWO to be an Esport, but not having localisation for at least the other major languages in the world is goofy IMO. in this day and age games are almost expected to have SOME localisation.

/rant off

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users