How Many Will Go To The New Battletech Game When It Is Out?

70 replies to this topic

#41 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

I'll devote the lion's share of my time to HBS Battletech, and might still play the occasional MWO game.

More importantly, though, I don't see myself spending another dime on MWO after HBS Battletech comes out. A Battletech game with a story, lore, and actual content instead the same damn deathmatch for years? Yes please!

#42 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:52 PM

The new Battletech video game looks amazing. Really.

Edited by Johnny Z, 05 July 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#43 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 05 July 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Wat.

This game and the new B-tech game are two completely different type of play styles.

Of course I'm going to play them both, who wouldn't want to take a break from playing a tactical standpoint as to on the front lines? and vice-versa.

First like I have given you this is so correct. Its great players have such a choice for such an awesome sci-fi universe. Star Wars and Star Trek and LOTR and the rest should be so lucky.

I never give likes because I forget usually. :)

#44 Poppaukko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 236 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

I'll be playing both.Two different games in different genre, but the same universe. Win-win for me.

#45 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

As long as I can savescum...

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

*raises hand*

#47 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

I will definitely be playing a lot of the HBS BATTLETECH, but those hours will not be deducted from my MWO play time (that ship already sailed). If PGI steps up their 3025 game, and adds campaign play (not to be confused with CW or PVE), it may pull some time from HBS.
* campaign play to me means persistence, character growth, and development; which is meaningful on an individual level. So far PGI has only presented 24-man shooter and a leader board.

#48 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 05 July 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

I will definitely be playing a lot of the HBS BATTLETECH, but those hours will not be deducted from my MWO play time (that ship already sailed). If PGI steps up their 3025 game, and adds campaign play (not to be confused with CW or PVE), it may pull some time from HBS.
* campaign play to me means persistence, character growth, and development; which is meaningful on an individual level. So far PGI has only presented 24-man shooter and a leader board.

A couple details aside, I agree 100% with the sentiment.

#49 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

Most definitely will be, being a Kickstarter and all.

I don't get a lot of gaming time in at the moment, so if it's half as good as it seems to be so far it looks like MWO will be put on the backburner until I finish with another game in my lineup.

#50 Llymrel

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

HBS prior games look 20 years behind state of the art graphics. Their concept art will fool people into buying in early. Selling a low graphics, turn based, Btech game....good luck on that one. I wonder how many employees are posting here from HBS. I have played Btech for a very long time, and have enjoyed the variants. A turn based Btech game at this point needs to be expansive, beautiful and should have features like a full economy, fleets, etc.

What's showing on the kickstarter is far from it. Good luck if you think that game is going to kill any thing but the dev team.

#51 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:31 PM

Ill get and play it, but its not a replacement of this game. Its a turn based recreation of TT.

#52 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

Both. :3

#53 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

A turn-based BT/mechwarrior game this day and age just does not excite me. Why they did not instead take a page from the Total War games simply boggles my mind.

#54 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostLlymrel, on 05 July 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

HBS prior games look 20 years behind state of the art graphics. Their concept art will fool people into buying in early. Selling a low graphics, turn based, Btech game....good luck on that one. I wonder how many employees are posting here from HBS. I have played Btech for a very long time, and have enjoyed the variants. A turn based Btech game at this point needs to be expansive, beautiful and should have features like a full economy, fleets, etc.

What's showing on the kickstarter is far from it. Good luck if you think that game is going to kill any thing but the dev team.

The implication being turn based games are inherently bad *looks at XCom and XCom 2.* I am not sure where you are coming from about the graphics. They appear to be decent enough.

#55 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

Wow thank you all for the excellent input,
There have been a whole lot of truths and good discussion so far and I would Like to thank everyone for the input..
I am Glad I am not the only one thinking I will try both like some one said Apples and oranges just depends on what your hungry for at that moment..

Thank you

#56 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

I'll play both, doh!

Free too choose a faction with open ended campaign and so on? Sign me up!
I was kInda late to back em HBS. My economy was kinda strict too.
Wanted that pilot jacket and such, Kurita, Liao and Steiner would be awesome Posted Image

Edited by Tordin, 05 July 2016 - 07:06 PM.

#57 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

I will not. I refuse to play anything turn-based.

#58 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

What? Not even Civilizations or Heroes of Might & Magic? To each his/her own of course. But TBS games are a nice change of pace, you even can have your cup of coffee or whatever and enjoy the thought of your next move. Like chess Posted Image

#59 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostTordin, on 05 July 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

What? Not even Civilizations or Heroes of Might & Magic? To each his/her own of course. But TBS games are a nice change of pace, you even can have your cup of coffee or whatever and enjoy the thought of your next move. Like chess Posted Image

Well, to me turn-based is the domain of board games. Those games are typically turn-based by necessity. The unique quality of computer simulation is that there is no need for such an abstraction because it can represent actions as they are envisioned. Ergo, if I'm going to play a computer game, I want it to take advantage of the medium's most powerful feature.

#60 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

Makes me think of Neverwinter Nights vs Sword Coast Legends. Turn based can be done right, real-time can be done wrong. Its all in the implementation.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users