• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 06 July 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

I agree 100%.

I think that is one of the main reasons why I prefer the chicken-walker design over humanoid.

Which is why I prefer the SCORPION to humanoid designs.

Seriously. It's probably the most practical and... "realistic" design for a mech. Low-profile, sloped armor, 4 legs to guarantee stability, high mounted weapons.

Don't get me wrong though, i love my Gundams too. My Centurion, my Wolverine, Vindicator, Atlas, Thunderbolt and Warhammer, all have a place in my heart.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 06 July 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#22 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:42 AM

Looks like a boat on legs with arms...

I can't help but think of

when I see this mech...

#23 TheVent

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:43 AM

I'm so excited for this mech. I pre-ordered it a few days after it came out because I mistook it for a light, but i'm perfectly fine with a medium that runs at 129. It looks good, it's fast, its hardpoints don't suck (hopefully), and there's versatility to it. I think it will be a nice addition to the lately almost forgotten medium class. Call me a noob or a fanboy but I can't wait for this ****.

#24 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:45 AM

Im my Crystal ball I can see many 5x ERML and 5xSPL versions running around

#25 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:45 AM

Heh, I'm going to enjoy playing sniper with this thing. I'm the kind of player who tries to play Omnimechs with stock Omnipods, so try to find builds for the three that I'm getting is going to be interesting, especially for the variant that has a bunch of energy harpoints....and then a missile hardpoint for some reason.

#26 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:00 AM

has real arms and chciken legs, thats great, however i would like to see a sideview of it.

alos the laserplacement being next to each other on the arms instead of ontop is a bit of a straneg choice.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 July 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

Looks like a Nova that got its head stuck up a Raven's butt, to me.

that happens when

you park between 2 DWF and they both start moving into your direction

I wonder if we will be able to see the nose form the cockpit similar to the dragon. it's long enough for this.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 July 2016 - 08:09 AM.

#27 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:27 AM

Looks fine to me, except those arm pods, those look like ***.

#28 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:54 AM

I really wish Alex gave it asymmetrical arms like it had in all of its other lore appearances, otherwise it would be perfect.

#29 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

It looks alright for a clan mech.

#30 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

I bet if you blow the arms off it looks like a walking submarine.

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 July 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

I was excited for this, but Ghost Heat 2.0 says I cant fire 6 cSPLs without penalty, so that is kind of going to kill it for me.

they finally released power draw specs, somewhere? Or is this just bittervet speculation? Not that I'm inclined to care much, either way.

#32 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 July 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

they finally released power draw specs, somewhere? Or is this just bittervet speculation? Not that I'm inclined to care much, either way.

Speculation. But the theory is 30 damage, so you'd have to run 6 ERSL or 5SPL. It's all the difference in the world, and totally worth getting all bent out of shape about.

Totally ruins the mech. Totally.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 July 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

has real arms and chciken legs, thats great, however i would like to see a sideview of it.

alos the laserplacement being next to each other on the arms instead of ontop is a bit of a straneg choice.

that happens when

you park between 2 DWF and they both start moving into your direction

I wonder if we will be able to see the nose form the cockpit similar to the dragon. it's long enough for this.

Strange choice? Maybe. Probably so many people whined about the Mist Lynx arms that they were scared to. Plus many of the Omnimech TT illustration use a SxS configuration.

#34 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 July 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

Thats the proposed starting point from the man himself.

Funny being called a bittervet. I was a stalwart White Knight once. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

View PostWintersdark, on 06 July 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Speculation. But the theory is 30 damage, so you'd have to run 6 ERSL or 5SPL. It's all the difference in the world, and totally worth getting all bent out of shape about.

Totally ruins the mech. Totally.

Your foresight is impressive. You're probably right. This mech will be such an awesome medium with 5 cSPLs... So awesome.

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 July 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thats the proposed starting point from the man himself.

Funny being called a bittervet. I was a stalwart White Knight once. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

Your foresight is impressive. You're probably right. This mech will be such an awesome medium with 5 cSPLs... So awesome.

really depends on how long power draw would delay it being able to follow up, wouldn't it?

And since every other mech will be laboring under various similar issues, presumably...makes it really hard to prognosticate on what realyl will be the demarcation point for effectiveness, yes?

#36 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 July 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

really depends on how long power draw would delay it being able to follow up, wouldn't it?

And since every other mech will be laboring under various similar issues, presumably...makes it really hard to prognosticate on what realyl will be the demarcation point for effectiveness, yes?

Its still outrageous that this game would penalize anyone for firing 6 SMALL PULSE LASERS. You mean 36 damage at less than 200 meters is so gamebreaking that it needs ghost heat?? Either way, if I can put 6 MLs on a Locust, then why would I bother with 5 cSPLs on a Viper. Or I would just use 5 cSPLs on a Cheetah or a Jenner IIC (probably the Cheetah given the jennies size).

Delay following up... you mean shutdown sooner? Ghost heat 2.0 was confirmed to be just heat penalties not cooldown.

Also, other mechs will have quad AC5s that will leg this thing in a literally a matter of 3-5 seconds.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 06 July 2016 - 11:00 AM.

#37 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 July 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

You misunderstand.

I don't think the Viper will be awesome, I think it'll be mostly trash.

My point was that going from 6 SPL to 5 SPL or 6ERSL+2DHS is hardly a breaking change, particularly if everyone else has those same issues.

It's not going to really impact the mech at all. It'll probably be bad, it has always been destined to be really mediocre at best, but having that particular GH limit is just not going to be that big of a deal. It's not a "straw that breaks the camel's back" situation at all.

#38 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:27 AM

I wasn't going to put it quite that way but yes

#39 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 July 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Its still outrageous that this game would penalize anyone for firing 6 SMALL PULSE LASERS. You mean 36 damage at less than 200 meters is so gamebreaking that it needs ghost heat?? Either way, if I can put 6 MLs on a Locust, then why would I bother with 5 cSPLs on a Viper. Or I would just use 5 cSPLs on a Cheetah or a Jenner IIC (probably the Cheetah given the jennies size).

Delay following up... you mean shutdown sooner? Ghost heat 2.0 was confirmed to be just heat penalties not cooldown.

Also, other mechs will have quad AC5s that will leg this thing in a literally a matter of 3-5 seconds.

It couldn't be any easier to remove from a fight than the PXH, whose arms fall off if you think about it too hard.

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 July 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

considering the dmg 6 spl can do in a Jenny II?

*shrug*

as for delayed follow up... not talking about cooldown...but how rapidly one can shot again without incurring said penalties, which I believe has NOT been stated anywhere?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users