How Many Will Go To The New Battletech Game When It Is Out?

70 replies to this topic

#1 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:31 AM

as the title says
I am wondering how many of the MWO population will migrate to the new Battletech game..

Turn-based tactical 'Mech combat set in the classic 3025 era of the BattleTech Universe. From the creators of the Shadowrun Series!

That sounds very cool,, I'm a Truborn Clansman but I will happily play one of the Houses if the game is 1/10th better than MWO

#2 Charlie Grant

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

I do not see it as an either/or conflict. I plan to play both games.

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostCharlie Grant, on 05 July 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Agreed. False dichotomy, IMO, unless Battletechiness is your only reason for gaming.

Edited by TercieI, 05 July 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#4 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

I'll play it for sure. Whether I'll be playing MWO though depends entirely on where this game will go during the next year.

I love many of the basic design decisions HBS has done with their game (3025-era merc unit, limited customization of the 'mechs, combined arms...), and I'm looking forward to the game.

#5 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:37 AM

We shall see, I like the First Person Element I get from Mech Warrior games. We will see if the Battletech game will keep me interested enough to dedicate my game time there.

#6 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

If I can mod it like I want, I'll probably end up sinking my spare time into the Btech game.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

That depends if it has quads or not.
More seriously, i'll be playing both.

#8 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

Nope.

#9 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

View PostCharlie Grant, on 05 July 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Why only have 1 place to get your Battletech fix, when you can have two places to go to!!! The more the merrier!

#10 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

Apples and Oranges

#11 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

Well, we lack dissonants in this thread, so I will oblige.

I will probably stay at MWO because I am a longtime Mechwarrior fan, and I like to aim my weapons.

#12 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

That is a very good idea,,,
I do really like some aspects of MWO and agree I will most likely play both to..

I have also read that PGI is sharing mech graphics with the Harebrained game developers so there will be a continuity of mech chassis from both games..
I would like to give PGI lots of credit for helping with this new upcoming game..

Edited by Harper Steel, 05 July 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#13 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

It's as if people can't play both. Why are so many people asking such questions?

Will be playing both as I love stompy Mechs. MWO might not be the best Mech game but I will see it to the end.

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

If PGI actually made an effort to make MWO into "A Battletech Game" (like they advertise), and make CW as interactive and immersive as they once promised, then I, along with many others, I think, would have no reason to "migrate" to BT.

Alas, as it is though, I think many of us are just waiting for the opportunity to get a Battletech fix from anyone other than PGI; be that a turn based fix or what have you.

Up to PGI to give folks a reason to stay.

#15 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

I will probably continue to play both, as I have invested lots of money in this, and have lots of premium time left.

The really important question is how many will continue to spend money here once Battletech launches.

For me, I doubt it will be any

#16 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:54 AM

I will certainly give it a try. The big question in my mind will be if they keep mechs loyal to lore or if they are going to have a mech lab that permits min maxing like what goes on with MWO. If they permit mech lab change then I will likely not spend any (more) money on that game. One game of frankenmechs is more than enough.

#17 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

View Posttopgun505, on 05 July 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

I will certainly give it a try. The big question in my mind will be if they keep mechs loyal to lore or if they are going to have a mech lab that permits min maxing like what goes on with MWO. If they permit mech lab change then I will likely not spend any (more) money on that game. One game of frankenmechs is more than enough.

I believe HBS is on record that they want 'mechs to be customized only to the extent that the essential character of 'mechs is retained. In other words, I figure we'll be able to do roughly about what a up-an-coming merc company would "really" be able to do, which isn't much.

#18 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

I'd like to play both. However, I doubt I have enough spare time. Which game I end up playing is still undecided. First I need to get my hands on the new BT game. Most likely, however, I will play it. Simply I love such strategy games and I doubt we will see something else in MWO than "buy one more mechpack"

Edit: The new game will draw players from MWO for sure. I am really curious if the critical mass will be reached

Edited by Bush Hopper, 05 July 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#19 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

They're not the same kind of game. They won't conflict.

#20 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

Both most likely, also have alot invested into MWO so I doubt I'd quit this. Plus, both are entirely differnt games. As I understand it Battletech will be Story Driven (Unlike MWO) and set during the Sucession Wars (3025-25 Years before the Clan Invasion) so it will be a different experience, plus its Turn Based instead of a FPS which means it'll have a CBT feel to it. Looking forward to it.

However, you also can't beat MWO for the joy of sitting in the cockpit and actually controlling the mech completely (Though we still can't crouch or melee,and collision hasn't been put back in yet). So until another First Person Mechwarrior game shows up (Preferedly with a PVE-RP element*) then I'll likely stick with MWO.

*For those curious, what I mean by PVE-RP element, is you create your character (Appearance, clothes, skills, etc) and not only Pilot a mech, but have the ability to get out and play as the pilot and use other vehicles or on foot and explore buildings, ground terrain, etc., that is Story driven. Not just a mech game, but a fully immersive game that plays out more like one of the novels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users