A Way To Add Infantry And Tanks To The Game

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dfeeds

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:36 PM

Okay so this may have been suggested before but it sort of hit me while playing Battlestations Midway. In World of warships and Midway the player can assume the role of a carrier class, so why not here? I've read plenty of people talking about wanting a single player element with infantry and the like so machine guns would have an actual viable use.

It could be implemented the same way. One or two people on the team would have some sort of carrier unit that had command of a certain number of field able units. Infantry for fast attack, tanks as a bomber per say. It would also add a new element to the game's tactics because you know lights would rush the carrier forcing some of the team to hang back and defend.

Some unit ideas could be your basic tanks for fire support, artillery, mobile ecm, mobile ams, ecm disruption, scouts, anti infantry, mobile armor, repair units, etc. The real limit being to how many units are allowed to be fielded at a time. The units themselves wouldn't be strong, but more of a harassment.

Thinking about it, a new class doesn't even need to be made. It could be something implented on assaults via the command console, controleld via the battlegrid. The only downside is that units would take up tonnage and the mech pilot wouldn't be able to focus on attacking and giving orders at the same time.

I think it would be really cool, personally.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

Infantry and vehicle consumables. No need to waste tonnage.

#3 Dfeeds

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

Well my thoughts were that the infantry could respawn once destroyed after a given time. That way there's a constant pressence for the carrier. I also don't like the thought of everyone popping a consumable button and having a bunch of half minded cpu infantry scattering about.

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:34 PM

I'd rather just make MGs useful

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:36 PM

I know some crazy dude is lusting for PGI to implement ride-able Savannah Master into the game.

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 July 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

I know some crazy dude is lusting for PGI to implement ride-able Savannah Master into the game.

Only after we have proper collisions... :evil grin:

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users