Taking Too Long To Drop In Faction Play

23 replies to this topic

#1 FirstRock

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

I sit for 25+ min waiting for a group? and a minimum of 10 min between rounds? Needs polishing.

#2 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Us IS players get instant drops all day long. You hit launch and bam, 1 min timer, drop. Its awesome.

Jumping on the Falcon bandwaggon comes with a price, you wait....and wait....and wait.....gtg, another drop incoming.

#3 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:54 AM

Zerg world problems.

#4 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:41 AM

You can train your Waiting-Skill. Next time, when the new clanmech Viper came and the leaderboard challange etc. come to happen, and every Merc-Unit and their mother (3/4 or 4/5 of the active players?) switch to CJF to scout for Maphack and [Long Tom] and stomp und nuke IS-Pugs... then you will see the real meaning of "Waitingtime".

I am so fed up from the unfair game concept... in future I will boycott planets with Satelite Maphack too and I wish every IS-Loyalist would do that.

Edited by draiocht, 09 July 2016 - 09:55 AM.
edited out vulgarity

#5 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

Would like to comment more, but...so...many...quick...drops...

Have to hurry, some Claners need killing

#6 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

What?

People aren't lined up to drop against the Falcon Planet with Long Tom?

Logged in, saw only planet to drop on had long tom, logged out.

Have fun waiting.

#7 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

Faction inbalance.
And a dangerous mix of LT and IS puggels being unable to win scouting matches.

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

Considering the long waits for IS drops, I would not talk.

The good thing is that I was able to watch all three seasons of the Peaky Blinders on NetFlix while waiting.

What MWO needs is a text service. Maybe 2 minutes before you really drop, you are sent an alert. Then you can go outside and water, or rake leaves, or watch another TV show until the drop comes.

#9 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:08 AM

There needs to be a phone or watch app so that I can get in the queue for FW and then 30 min or so when I get a match I get an alarm so that I come back to the computer in time. On the plus side, I have read 6 of the Wheel of Time novels while waiting for drops in FW and sitting at my computer.

#10 Flyingleanpocket

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:11 AM

Join Steiner or FRR. Problem solved.

#11 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 07 July 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

Faction inbalance.
And a dangerous mix of LT and IS puggels being unable to win scouting matches.

lol even organized 4-man groups are having trouble against the 70 alpha structure quirked novas specially when the nova pilots even marginally coordinate their fire.

@OP Please stop complaining about wait times. Jade Falcon did that to itself and you get what you deserve. You hopped on the falcon bandwagon -- zerg-scouted to long tom and drove away your opposition. My only wish is that there was a global IS chat so we could warn newblets to not drop on those planets when the call to arms comes out.

Would you like to buy a mech-pack?

Edited by nehebkau, 08 July 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#12 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

Yes I would like to buy a mechpack....

#13 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

Its the event thats driving up LT. Once its done you'll see it rarely as most people understand that it kills the queues. Its a garbage mechanic.

#14 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:36 AM

i call BS...i was seeing Long Tom every single day on the JF attack planet anyway long before the "event" came out....so all of you looking to whitewash your sins against the pugs as the demons abusing Long toms... Nice try..

#15 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:07 AM

View PostAylward, on 08 July 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

i call BS...i was seeing Long Tom every single day on the JF attack planet anyway long before the "event" came out....so all of you looking to whitewash your sins against the pugs as the demons abusing Long toms... Nice try..
pugs arent the demons. Event rewards for scouting are. We have been IS all but 3 weeks of cw/fp and rarely ran into long tom.

#16 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

and you are whitewashing the whitewash.. you obviously weren't working the Jade Falcon front if that is true...

#17 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

The two weeks I have been Steiner, clan JF has always had LTs on their attack planet. During this even they normally have LT within 90 minutes of the attack phase. Sad part is JF can blanket both attack and defense planets and still have 3-4 12 mans waiting in queue. But the mercs likes the easy pug victories so clan JF will continue to roll planets. If you do not like the long wait times you could always switch factions to IS.

I just miss the fun games - the IS vs IS FP that is no more.

Would you like to buy a mech pack?

#18 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

We had to work the jade falcon front; davion moved to steiner, jaguar is dead, so we played cjf front every day. Im not arguing that LT is ok; far from it. Im arguing thaf wasn't nearly as prevalent until this event which rewards people for scouting. Also, IS medium and light trial mechs ard awful atm and clan pugs can use the trial scr which is fairly decent.

#19 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:23 AM

View Postccrider, on 08 July 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

We had to work the jade falcon front; davion moved to steiner, jaguar is dead, so we played cjf front every day. Im not arguing that LT is ok; far from it. Im arguing thaf wasn't nearly as prevalent until this event which rewards people for scouting. Also, IS medium and light trial mechs ard awful atm and clan pugs can use the trial scr which is fairly decent.

Funny that this FP event with tons of scouting games, intel gathering and sheet came out, while IS had that silly, stupid, useless trials for it huh?
Some can say that PGI either didn't put too much thought on it or exactly the opposite and tbh I don't know which is worse...

#20 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostVoidcrafter, on 08 July 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

Funny that this FP event with tons of scouting games, intel gathering and sheet came out, while IS had that silly, stupid, useless trials for it huh?
Some can say that PGI either didn't put too much thought on it or exactly the opposite and tbh I don't know which is worse...
i dont think the trials available ever factor into events. It seems like trials are only changed every few months on a rotation. However, if IS pilots had access to a griffin 3m or cent ah trial i think the disparity in scouting would diminish a bit. Unlike having people run yhe trial trenchbucket which only exists to feed people damage scores.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users