#121 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 10 July 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

It bugs me that the mech is named after a position a position in American football, but the Hero variant is named after a term from car racing (thats NASCAR in the MWO vernacular).

Surely they could have found a more football-related name for it??

Could it be that the Hero mech was meant to be called "Red Zone" instead of "Redline"? And then perhaps someone less in tune with the ancient sport changed the name somewhere along the line?

#122 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:27 AM

Hand Actuators?.. I wonder what those look like.

#123 Bob Jenkins

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

The "Redline" name for the Hero Mech actually does pertain to American Football. If you ever played American Football in High School or College you would know the term.

#124 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 07 July 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

So a 65 tonner that will do 100+kph after speed tweak?

Looks like you can config for 8 energy hardpoints...

Clan lasers are pretty weak unless you are boating cSPLs, which you can do more of on a Stormcrow.

#125 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostBob Jenkins, on 21 July 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

The "Redline" name for the Hero Mech actually does pertain to American Football. If you ever played American Football in High School or College you would know the term.

Tell me more.

#126 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:35 AM

Can anybody tell me why this thing has air intake inbetween it's legs instead of good old armor plate as mostd of the other mech do (and those that have air intakes there have some space for armor behind them)? Why this thing need that huge air intake anyway?

#127 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

View Postpyrocomp, on 22 July 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

Can anybody tell me why this thing has air intake inbetween it's legs instead of good old armor plate as mostd of the other mech do (and those that have air intakes there have some space for armor behind them)? Why this thing need that huge air intake anyway?

To cool a big honking fusion reactor ? The baseline is 14 DHS all engine mounted, and many mechs have featured radiators / vents / air intakes in their artwork and design lore explaining their presence to that effect (all the 32nd century CJF Totem Mechs with the jump jets and wings for example, the Jade Hawk, Shrike, Eyrie, and Gyrfalcon).

#128 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 July 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

To cool a big honking fusion reactor ? The baseline is 14 DHS all engine mounted, and many mechs have featured radiators / vents / air intakes in their artwork and design lore explaining their presence to that effect (all the 32nd century CJF Totem Mechs with the jump jets and wings for example, the Jade Hawk, Shrike, Eyrie, and Gyrfalcon).

Ok, let me rephrase it, why does it have huge air intake istead of armor plate infront of critical area? Why it has air intakes I get. I don't get just why they are huge gundam-style and illogical while other mechs are more or less consistent on that side. Even when having air intakes/exausts other mechs have them above the reasonably looking armor plate. And this one does not... and that's buffling.

#129 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

Ok, let me rephrase it, why does it have huge air intake istead of armor plate infront of critical area? Why it has air intakes I get. I don't get just why they are huge gundam-style and illogical while other mechs are more or less consistent on that side. Even when having air intakes/exausts other mechs have them above the reasonably looking armor plate. And this one does not... and that's buffling.

Maybe it was made by the same guy who designed the Death Star.

Edited by Hunka Junk, 24 July 2016 - 03:45 PM.

#130 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

Why do you assume the louvers on the intake aren't armored or made from armor plate itself ? They no doubt use internal baffles that allow airflow but stop the path of incoming weapons fire.

#131 Infidel 8654

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

This entire community needs to do one simple thing to get PGI to understand we refuse to purchase anymore of their crap Mech Packs until they fix the damn game!

All of you folks who keep buying these horrible Mech Packs are empowering PGI to continue with their horrible "fixes" and bad coding. There are YouTube commandos who are now producing videos that offer advice on how PGI can fix this game, and it's solid advice actually, and PGI refuses to hire competent code writers who can actually make positive changes to game play.

But yeah, go ahead and buy this Linebacker crap mech and then cry in game and on the forums...you are only giving them money and they think they did something good. I'm all for new Mechs, but these crap Mech packs and useless designs are simple rehashes of other mechs with slight changes, nothing original or useful.

After so many years of development they still can't get simple weapon damage correct or hit boxes...holy ****.

Edited by Infidel 8654, 27 July 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#132 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:06 AM

View PostInfidel 8654, on 27 July 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

After so many years of development they still can't get simple weapon damage correct.

Well actually the previously DID but then all the people who refused to buy the new clan mech packs whined and moaned and complained so we ended up with a series of quirks, nerfs, buffs, ghost heats and so on. In the current state though, the only weapon damages that are wrong are the lasers and clan PPCs. IS Small and Med and Med Pulse lasers are correct, everything else is wrong. Clan ER-PPCs are incorrect (its 15 point damage, not 10+splash), as are Clan ERLL, LPL, MPL, SPL. Plus theres wrong heat levels and ranges all over the place in the game.

#133 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

The linebacker will probably be to heavy mechs what the Gargoyle is to Assault mechs, however it might have some energy hardpoints up high (C and A torso's) also the B torso high have one high ballistic hardpoint, can't tell at this point. I never really liked this mech in TT, so am doubtful about it in MWO. Probably will just wait until it's available for cbills.

#134 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:29 PM

i got the basic $20 pack. For the modules, camo unlock and c-bills of early adopter, its good value. I'll wait until just before release day once they've posted any quirks to get the hero/reinforcement add-ons. I'm worried it'll be more set of eight stuff like the viper, and I wanna know what I'll be stuck with/sacrificing for pod swapping. The Viper A for example, has a lame set of eight quirk, so it actually benefits greatly in terms of agility bonuses by changing the side torso pods.

Edited by Dee Eight, 31 July 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#135 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Now that the Marauder IIC is up for pre-order, where's the lore and blueprint for the Linebacker? Posted Image

#136 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

Necro'd because...
Posted Image
Thoughts? Bit sad of the E placement in the left and right torso that sits below the X and not on it. Would've been nice for higher placements. Also wide AF. Granted it's the missile hardpoint, but even so, some variants have E and no M in their side torsos.

Edited by Jaspbo1, 08 November 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#137 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

Those are nice, but we also get the Wave 1 heros. Can we get screens of each of those here soon as well? Why no count down for them? Could some on at PGI be kind enough to post a count down like thread for them as well?

#138 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:07 AM

View PostCK16, on 09 November 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

Those are nice, but we also get the Wave 1 heros. Can we get screens of each of those here soon as well? Why no count down for them? Could some on at PGI be kind enough to post a count down like thread for them as well?

Try not to spam any thread on a new mech with this post. ;)

Anyway... didn't the pictures for the Wave 1 Heroes not actually show the Heroes though, e.g. all the hardpoints were wrong. They were basically just paint jobs with different omnipods. Compared to a pack of new mechs with no version in game like the Linebacker they're totally different. They also don't come with pre-order bonuses so theres no reason for PGI to keep reminding you to buy them before the pre-order expires. For the Wave 1 heroes you already know EXACTLY what you're getting just from the initial post. That said I'll happily say I thought the lack of genuine pictures was cheap at best.

#139 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

Linebacker is worthy, Adder is amazing. Think of Linebacker as an Adder with double armor and +1 ton of weapons. CUAC 10, AMS and 6 CERSML lasers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users