#41 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostJust Another Bad Robot Game, on 08 July 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

Maybe you RPers need to understand that a lot of viable loadouts don't require boating. It may not be your definition of not-boating, but it sure is to mine. Gauss and med lasers. SRM and AC/20. LPL and AC/5. Just a few basic examples currently in wide circulation.

Sorry if you think it's a problem that people aren't flocking to your lore build of 1 gauss, 1 LL, 3 MG, and 1 ML

My suggestion as zero to do with role playing. It's entirely focused on promoting build diversity.

View Postdavoodoo, on 08 July 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Also called the Swayback due to its less-exaggerated torso, the 4P Hunchback introduced in 2937 was modified to carry only energy weapons. The Autocannon/20 was replaced with six additional medium lasers and the number of heat sinks carried brought up to twenty-three in order to handle the incredibly high heat load. It has proven to be one of the most popular of the Swayback variants as the combined firepower of all eight medium lasers can do twice as much damage as the autocannon they replaced.

Sure, 6 medium lasers at a time, whatever.

Look the point is if people want to promote build diversity put the kibosh on Boat Warrior Online, Alpha Warrior Online or whatever retarted meta the latest power creeping mech has ushered on to us this month we don't need ghost heat to get it done. We simply need to use the current in game mechanics and a little bit of brain power to sort things out.

#42 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 July 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Going back to 8v8 would be a good thing and it'd also reduce wait times in the queues.

Heck..why not go full on 10 vs 10 and give all the clanners b0ners?

#43 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 08 July 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

Heck..why not go full on 10 vs 10 and give all the clanners b0ners?

gets the laugh of the evening award

Good one :)

#44 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

The fact is, most Alpha strike is not really a true Alpha Strike from before. So all these complaints about "Alpha Strike" is just wanting people to not have a simpler weapon scheme. Believe it or not, not everyone can juggle 3-4 weapon systems and be comfortable with it.

The truth is, if the problem was with a true Alpha Strike, which is what I meant by the devastator of world of 4 PPCS + a few lasers + some missile/ballistics, that Alpha Strike is problematic. However, that version of the Alpha Strike is nerfed. Rather than the ability to devastate targets from 500 m+ at 80-100 points of damage, it's now more in the range of 200 for 60 damages. The Alpha Strike that we have now is basically just 1 weapon cluster of old. I don't see how that's still unacceptable to people.

(And if you think firing 5 med laser + 2 er large in an Alpha Strike fashion is somehow like a machine gun pew pew pew, you are either playing with cheat on or way dilusional. 70% to 80% heat cooldown still takes about 13 seconds to go back to 0% on heat scale with around 20 DHS. If you can't take advantage of that, then perhaps Alpha Strike is not really your problem.)

(Also with the lore, those Alphas are the devastator of world type attack where heat spike WAY past critical to save yourself by gambling everything on a 1 hit KO. That's clearly not what people are doing.)

Also, the GH2.0 specifically targets laser, which is way off base in terms of meta. Are all these 4x UAC 10 Dakka bears ignored? What about 4x UAC 5 KGC? That will definitely fit in nicely with new GH 2.0, but it is OP as crap if laser can only be put onto a chain fired 30 points damage rotation. The point is, the response to this current trend of meta is WAY outdated.

My heavy Alpha build is the 3x LPL EBon Jaguar. Which, it fits a role of range support. I can never brawl anyone with it, cause the heat from GH 1.0 will murder me much faster than a tri UAC 5 jaegermech can. The point is, every mech with every build have a specific roles to fit. You want to build a dakka boat, srm boat, lrm boat, laser boat, or hyrbid build, it's all up to you without a devastator of worlds scenario. (People must remember how 1 Alpha from MW 4 can drop a direwolf to 10% health CT... can you physically do that with any build now? You will be lucky to strip 40-50% at best, then you gotta go through the internals) In GH 2.0, there's only one way to play. It's Russ's vision of how he hates poking and boating.

Believe it or not, not everyone likes to brawl and face tank. Lots of people like to play the poking game with simple controls. Lots of people like to have a strategic mindset where taking a more cover, more advantageous position will equate to higher chance of winning.

Simply put, not everyone wants to be a stormtrooper. Some of us happens to like being a Jedi or a Han Solo.

If GH 2.0 preserved that variability, by any mean, I would clamour for it. But when the sole purpose of the change is to fit one man's vision of how the game is supposed to be played? And does so in a way that doesn't encourage a particular style, but by killing off all the competing ideas... I am against such change.

I am Razen, I am still very much against GH 2.0.

(PS Myj, I dun think we can be friends anymore, lol)

Edited by razenWing, 08 July 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#45 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

Ghost Heat 2.0 is far simpler than Ghost Heat 1.0 as it is a hard known limit and not some small yellow triangle in the mechlab. This hard limit of course needs to be explained in the academy. Why is it simpler? Because instead of "you can only fire x of this precise weapons, but x-1 is fine when combined with y of something else" which is the current work around for a lot of builds which is confusing, counter intuitive, and stupid. With a flat known damage threshold that triggers being counted as an alpha strike to me is far more logical and far more easy to learn and work around as it is simple math to know if your build violates that, because then it is just 30-weapon damage, if = 0 then you have to be a bit more careful and spread your firing groups and practice fire control discipline.

However ghost heat 2.0 is still a bandaid on the issue of the current heat scale being derp and too generous at being 50 if you have 10 in engine heat sinks regardless if double or single heat sinks. I have ideas on how to make this closer to tabletop, but, I should write that out and make it it's own topic after running some math.

#46 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,704 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

Buh bye 180 point multi burst laser Clan mechs.

#47 Myj

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 08 July 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

(PS Myj, I dun think we can be friends anymore, lol)

LOL! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users