Finding An Active Unit

5 replies to this topic

#1 houtex73

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:16 AM

Greetings fellow pilots...

Don't let my "register date of a few years ago" dictate my play time in the game. I just recently started playing about a month ago. So basically, I am still but a raw rookie. I am looking to see if I can find an active unit that is willing to bring in a "newbie" and help teach the ropes.

I play a ton of PUG's (as most of us do), but there is no structure to a battle, basically it is a FFA most of the time, with the occasional game where all players act as a team (and believe it or not, you win most of those)...

I enjoy getting into the game and getting my face wrecked most of the time, but I want to learn to be a better pilot and honestly, I think it is harder to do that in PUG's....

So any help or advice would be much welcomed, and if you see me in game and wreck my face, glad I could get you another kill on your stats!!!

Thanks

#2 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:30 AM

Hey man, there are lots of units that take rookies. That's how I got into the game: [-SO-] let me join up and learn the ropes. There are units currently recruiting in the Faction Play section of the forums, so you can check them out by faction. If you love QP and don't have enough mechs for a deck there are units that play in the group 12-man queue too. Surf around on the forum a little if you know which playstyle you like, and if you don't know I'm sure some more people will have advice.
Playing and asking around in-game is how I joined up, so don't be shy about asking people you're playing with for advice too.

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

How do you find out the date you started?

And I've seen you Karl in many missions:)

Or...are there also more of you?

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

PM on the way

#5 houtex73

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 10 July 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

How do you find out the date you started?

And I've seen you Karl in many missions:)

Or...are there also more of you?

No, it was probably me... as you walked by and saw me laying on my back with loads of laser holes through my back. If its one thing I do well.... its DIE in game (LOL)...

#6 Jagar Santovenia

• Pip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

If you wan to learn and are willin to listen i'd say join MercStar -MS-/MS-R. You won't regret it. Message Kwea in game if you want more info.

Edited by Jagar Santovenia, 10 July 2016 - 10:56 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users