1 Week From July Patch. (Discussion & Updated Roadmap)

130 replies to this topic

#81 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

View PostDavers, on 12 July 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

The point of capping isn't to avoid hunting down that last Pirate's Bane. Its supposed to be a valid win condition- something that allows a losing team to win the game through better map positioning and stuff.

Right, this doesn't change that. It still takes time to cap. I guess maybe I played too much World of Warships and World of Tanks or something. However, I feel that making it so you can put pressure on the enemy team to force them to play into your hands is something that is tactically useful which is what stepping into the cap does. But, I often see people say **** it and just rush the enemy cap since there is no way to properly get the enemy off of their own cap and you get a match with barely any damage done. This would alleviate that, are there downsides? Yes, of course there are, three enemy lights sit on your cap and all you have left are three dires that are legged? Well you lost, but, you would have lost in the old system as well. The only difference here is it gives one situation where both teams still have firepower the ability and reason to go back to their base and fight. This also emphasizes the importance of the objective by making it that much more powerful of a win condition and also be more situational of when you want to put pressure on the enemy cap.

But, hey, I said this was all an option, I just plain hate skirmish and rather current assault be what we call skirmish because then there is always at least two ways to win, still need to give bigger rewards to teams that play the objective instead of just kill all, don't cap.

Edited by Moonlight Grimoire, 12 July 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#82 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

The "new" Assault mode is going to be just like when turrets existed except even worse; everybody will completely ignore the bases until the other team is no longer any threat and then they might go for the base at that point.

This sort of thing needs its own attack/defend game mode because it isn't going to work shoving it into Assault, and I would think that's glaringly obvious after seeing what turrets did to Assault and how much better the mode immediately became when turrets were removed.

We don't need Skirmish: Bases Included edition because it's stupid and boring and people who want to effectively turn the mode into Skirmish can simply go play Skirmish instead--or at least that's what I would say if it weren't for the dogshit map/mode voting screen we have now.

#83 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 July 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

And once again twitter has more info regarding future game changes than 4 YEARS of ENTIRE forum, COMBINED!

man... why are we even here!

Thanks for posting that. I had not heard anything on this. While I hate the little bugs, I think they are fine as they are. I pilot Heavies and Mediums so they can be a pain at times but that is OK because they are doing their job. It is nothing like the Oxide which was once the same size as a Locust, 15 tons heavier and could one shot you in the back. The Locust can whittle you down if you let it and is hard to hit if the pilot is decent but I have killed more of them since the last patch than they have killed me.

They should leave the little bug alone.

#84 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Posted Image

Please don't make me shelve my locusts.

#85 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

Looks good, those deckles.

#86 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image

And once again twitter has more info regarding future game changes than 4 YEARS of ENTIRE forum, COMBINED!

man... why are we even here!

I really hope it isn't that massive of a change, ffs Locusts aren't that monstrous, learn to aim, use pin point weapons, if you are skill-less grab a streakboat like the Skillcrow and Skilldog. Honestly I have killed more locusts since this patch than ever before. They aren't that bad, Cheetah's are worse due to the nature of their hitboxes. Then again, I learned how to PPC long ago so smacking a fleeing locust's rear CT with an ERPPC is second nature to me.

#87 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

10 cbills we'll see another hotfix postpatch Posted Image

#88 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

If the crates will be like the ones in CSGO it will be very, very, very rare to get anything good. It's even rare to get anything that's worth as much as the key you opened the crate with...

#89 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:13 AM

Locusts shouldn't be nerfed at all, it is still not a comparably strong mech to the top dogs.

#90 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:45 AM

Looking forward to the changes coming up.
The new Assault mode will be interesting to try out.
While it would be nice to have it as an asymmetrical mode with one team defending, it then becomes a question of balance as one team has the clear advantage. Changing the game mode so there were uneven sides or one side could have more drops would create complications in creating groups and in the general structure of quick play. So... I understand why there will be two bases.

Not sure about the supply crate thing. It will be interesting to see what there is and how it fits into the game. Potentially a new form of salvage and a way to introduce different items and components... so, will wait and see. There was a really good post made about getting names weapons in the game that performed the same as regular items but provided XP and/or C-Bill boosts. Perhaps we might see something like that? Also understand introducing these crates which is in line with many other titles so it's not unusual. I am curious to see how it is implemented.

New mech. Nice.
I like mediums so I am looking forward to the Viper.

Decals. It was on the way, so if it is in this patch, that's great. We may not get much of a chance to enjoy them once we drop into battle, but it is nice to have a little extra customisation, gives units a way to mark their mechs and for those that like to play with camo and check out their mech in the mech bay.... start drooling now.

The rest... well, lets wait and see.

On a side note, anyone speculating that the info warfare elements might be coming in with the Cyclops patch?

#91 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:54 AM

Updated, thanks for the Update Alex!

#92 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

So Russ updated the road map highlights for July:

Viper
Supply Caches
Decals
Chat updates
Save improvements
V. Bog Update
Mech Texture fix
Long Tom nerf

Not appearing this month: Assault mode changes (Sept, after PTS), Multiple drop decks (Aug), Inverse Kinematics (Aug)

#93 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 13 July 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

So Russ updated the road map highlights for July:

Viper
Supply Caches
Decals
Chat updates
Save improvements
V. Bog Update
Mech Texture fix
Long Tom nerf

Not appearing this month: Assault mode changes (Sept, after PTS), Multiple drop decks (Aug), Inverse Kinematics (Aug)

I'd like to point out Alex did so.

Alex also updated MC and Cbill release dates for the newer mechs such as the Kodiak.

#94 MechX101

Rookie

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

As far as the supply grates go ....a lot of F2P have this mechanic already rift, neverwinter etc

Ooooh here is this free goodie but you gotta buy keys if you want it...

Btw did you wanna buy a mechpak.

It's just another money grab and a poor one at that.

#95 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 13 July 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'd like to point out Alex did so.

Alex controls Russ's forum account? I just caught wind from Russ's twitter directing to the updated roadmap (Also a Russ post). Doesn't surprise me though.

#96 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 13 July 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Alex controls Russ's forum account? I just caught wind from Russ's twitter directing to the updated roadmap (Also a Russ post). Doesn't surprise me though.

No, when PGI employees make an edit, it does not show up.

But Russ definitely made the tweet about it.

Edited by Procurator Derek, 13 July 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#97 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

New Assault mode actually sounds great. Colour me intrigued.

#98 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:28 PM

Sad to see new Assault get pushed back so far, but, hopefully this means it will be more polished when it comes out. I do want word on when we get to test out Power Draw, it is a big concern of the community and a big change to how the game will play.

#99 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 12 July 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

New Item for August: Inverse Kinematics
After being removed way back in 2012 due to performance concerns, the engineers have managed to implement a cleaner, less demanding Inverse Kinematics system. This is currently slated for August release.

The August patch will be comprised of more than those two items. An upcoming August road map will cover some of the additional items currently slated for the August patch.

Well... July patch is dead for me then.
Completely lost interest.
There is the Viper at least.

looks like i'll be waiting for another month..

Edited by Navid A1, 13 July 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#100 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

If the whiners get another Light mech nerfed... I will be really fed up.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users