Game Crashes: Player Punished.

25 replies to this topic

#1 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

why am i losing cbill match rewards and waiting to join the next match, when PGI cant successfully program a feature add-on to the game without it giving an error and crashing randomly?

Edited by SoggyGorilla, 21 April 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#2 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

You have triggered the automated response system because you left a match early, you must wait 30......... minutes. Thank you for your cooperation.

#3 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

Because people who have utterly **** internet connections which regularly drop out insist on trying to play the game, and ruining other people's fun as a result.

#4 Remains Intact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Unfortunately this patch has increased the crash rate for many people. I personally went from crashing once or twice in 24 hours played to crashing 5 times in a single session last night.

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

I think there should be a integration of the crash error code with the Disconnect penalty, which can be done. That way all you people with bad connections can stop complaining about this disco penalty.

Otherwise if you can't play the game without problems, you shouldn't attempt to play anyways. Simple as that. It's like saying you should be able to play a game without a keyboard when you clearly need one.

#6 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 April 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

I think there should be a integration of the crash error code with the Disconnect penalty, which can be done. That way all you people with bad connections can stop complaining about this disco penalty.

Otherwise if you can't play the game without problems, you shouldn't attempt to play anyways. Simple as that. It's like saying you should be able to play a game without a keyboard when you clearly need one.

I put my finger in the telephone port and play with my mind

#7 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

PGI could, and should, improve the robustness of their connectivity. The game loses connection far too easily. There are usually at least a couple of disconnections in each FW match.

Many other games do not have this problem. While I agree there is a lot of bad internet out there, it is also true that much of the fault for this lies directly with PGI.

#8 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:54 AM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 21 April 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

I put my finger in the telephone port and play with my mind

That must be some finger you got there.

View Postcrustydog, on 21 April 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

PGI could, and should, improve the robustness of their connectivity. The game loses connection far too easily. There are usually at least a couple of disconnections in each FW match.

Many other games do not have this problem. While I agree there is a lot of bad internet out there, it is also true that much of the fault for this lies directly with PGI.

???

I play in California, the only time I lose connection is when I'm playing late at night when they do a mini maintenance on the game while it's still running.

Plus it's on both ends, at one moment PGI could have bad issues with the servers but your internet saves the day, or vice-versa.

You never know, but I think a lot complain considering the length one cable goes through the huge stream of cables and wires that make up our world's internet.

#9 The dog with a laptop

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:09 AM

The IMPORTANT point under discussion is, how does DEREK get green text on his forum posts .eh ... eh...eh

#10 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostThe dog with a laptop, on 21 April 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

The IMPORTANT point under discussion is, how does DEREK get green text on his forum posts .eh ... eh...eh

?(ο´・д・)??

#11 Remains Intact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

He whiteknights threads all day!

#12 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

You leave Scout Derek alone! he helped me on the playground today!

#13 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

I always avoid new patches until the inevitable hot fix gets released.

#14 AdrenaHawk

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:38 AM

It's a feature.

#15 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

Lets see if u are able to swallow ur own pride, OP, when u discover its not the Client nor PGI's fault. There are several of us that play nightly and I've never seen a wait time while grouped up more than a minute wait. We are using the same client u are. How can it possibly behave differently for u unless external circumstances are causing it - hardware, devices, operating system, background services, internet, drivers etc.

#16 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostCoolant, on 21 April 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

Lets see if u are able to swallow ur own pride, OP, when u discover its not the Client nor PGI's fault. There are several of us that play nightly and I've never seen a wait time while grouped up more than a minute wait. We are using the same client u are. How can it possibly behave differently for u unless external circumstances are causing it - hardware, devices, operating system, background services, internet, drivers etc.

It's okay Coolant, I guess the OP was just venting, usually first time posters on such a issue do this when they're frustrated. We've all done it in one way or another Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 21 April 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#17 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

Hi Scout Derek, You said they do maintenance during the game time? When is that in EST? Because I notice it around 10-12 am est. I dc'ed like 10 times in 1 session. 6 alone in 1 match. I wrote "Hey, is anyone else getting DC'ed" and I got dc'ed. Guy wrote "That was humorous". But sometimes I can still hear voip. Weird.

#18 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostTiger Dad, on 21 April 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Hi Scout Derek, You said they do maintenance during the game time? When is that in EST? Because I notice it around 10-12 am est. I dc'ed like 10 times in 1 session. 6 alone in 1 match. I wrote "Hey, is anyone else getting DC'ed" and I got dc'ed. Guy wrote "That was humorous". But sometimes I can still hear voip. Weird.

Usually they do, they're unannounced but they're noticable.

For me it's around 11-12PM at night, so that would be around 3-4 AM in the morning for EST. It also happens from various times from 4-8 PM PST

#19 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 April 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

Game didn't crash for a year today it crashed twices, yesterday once. It's clearly PGI's fault here.

#20 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:46 PM

View Postmaniacos, on 21 April 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Game didn't crash for a year today it crashed twices, yesterday once. It's clearly PGI's fault here.

Dont skip the preview thingies too fast when you start mechwarrior online, give them a second each before you skip. and only press the button once each time, dont mash it. See if that does anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users