• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

I'd love to see this for our unit. LWR (Legion of the White Rose): Posted Image

Edited by Harlock69, 26 March 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#542 Atomic Gundam

Rookie

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image

#543 Taelah Mehta

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Other Clans as well as Clusters and Galaxies. And since Civil War with Jihad following... The Fidelis and Republic of the Sphere.
SLDF Units.
Hell, I'm sure some would even like to see the RotS Units.

Might even be neat to have IS and Clan Faction Rank insignias!

Edited by Taelah Mehta, 30 March 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#544 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:02 PM

https://twitter.com/...495614929616896

Possible May entry of Clan decals. At least the ones that make sense to have in the IS in the time period, anyways.

Posted Image

From a Nova Cat to the Diamond Sharks out there... might I interest you in a crate of only the finest champagne from the Irece Prefecture? I will even sell it to you for only slightly above (three times the) cost just for the occasion!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 30 March 2017 - 11:06 PM.

#545 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 30 March 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

-snip-

Oh man I hope it's worth the wait and this is true.

Posted Image

#546 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 30 March 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Oh man I hope it's worth the wait and this is true.

Posted Image

I am curious, though. If they are doing Nova Cats, finally, are they doing the original CNC logo, or the SLDF Nova Cat logo? I mean, to be timeline appropriate, it would be the SLDF one. I would be fine with either, but if they gave it the SLDF logo it would be odd being a Nova Cat fighting alongside the other Clans. If they went with the original logo, then it would be odd to still be unaffiliated with the IS powers in this timeline - but... less so considering this is an alternative timeline universe of battletech.

Either way, I will be happy once we have decals.

#547 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 31 March 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

I am curious, though. If they are doing Nova Cats, finally, are they doing the original CNC logo, or the SLDF Nova Cat logo? I mean, to be timeline appropriate, it would be the SLDF one. I would be fine with either, but if they gave it the SLDF logo it would be odd being a Nova Cat fighting alongside the other Clans. If they went with the original logo, then it would be odd to still be unaffiliated with the IS powers in this timeline - but... less so considering this is an alternative timeline universe of battletech.

Either way, I will be happy once we have decals.

I think they will go for original CNC. Because if we jumped the timeline why we haven't see Federated Commonwealth decal yet?

Also if they added Clan Sea Fox besides CDS I will be very happy.

Edited by Kasumi Sumika, 31 March 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#548 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 31 March 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

I think they will go for original CNC. Because if we jumped the timeline why we haven't see Federated Commonwealth decal yet?

Also if they added Clan Sea Fox besides CDS I will be very happy.

I think you should push for it. Why not? Just lean in there are whisper in his ear that the Sea Fox logo needs a return. :D
Posted Image

#549 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 31 March 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

I think you should push for it. Why not? Just lean in there are whisper in his ear that the Sea Fox logo needs a return. Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm gonna spam PGI with sea foxes after we get second wave invading clans decals! Posted Image

Posted Image

#550 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Clan Decals are in the works, hoping for May release as indicated in the tweetgrabs up there. This set will feature (at least):

Blood Spirit
Burrock
Cloud Cobra
Coyote
Diamond Shark
Fire Mandrill
Goliath Scorpion
Hell's Horses
Ice Hellion
Nova Cat
Snow Raven
Steel Viper

I want us to keep rolling out additional Clan/Merc Decals in the future, but at the moment these are the only ones I can safely guarantee. The artists are at full capacity with other tasks at the moment so I'll be taking care of the Decals listed above when time allows, based heavily on the original designs. If anyone is wondering why these can't be thrown together for April - or why May isn't a full guarantee - it's because the Decals need to be redrawn and iterated a few times to work well with the Decal system.
So making the initial emblem may be fairly straightforward, but it needs to be tested in the Decal system and adjusted a few times over. Testing a Decal on larger 'Mechs with more surface area is pretty easy, but smaller 'Mechs are the real test-case.
I'll do my best to make sure the Decals are as faithful as possible while remaining readable at various sizes.

Here's a peek at the Clan Coyote Decal, still in the iteration phase. Went for an Alpha Galaxy-style pattern for the Adder and paired the Coyote Decal with the Dagger Star to try for an Alpha Galaxy emblem on the leg.

Posted Image

#551 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 31 March 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

The artists are at full capacity with other tasks at the moment

You don't say... With new maps? Designing and skinning vehicles? AWESOME! That's great news! We've been dying for more stuff to do! I'm glad the artists have more noble and ambitious things to do that simply making mechs look pretty!

#552 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Thank you Alex for the date and to the people who supported my Other Clan Decals thread.

#553 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Clan Decals are in the works, hoping for May release as indicated in the tweetgrabs up there. This set will feature (at least):

Blood Spirit
Burrock
Cloud Cobra
Coyote
Diamond Shark
Fire Mandrill
Goliath Scorpion
Hell's Horses
Ice Hellion
Nova Cat
Snow Raven
Steel Viper

I want us to keep rolling out additional Clan/Merc Decals in the future, but at the moment these are the only ones I can safely guarantee. The artists are at full capacity with other tasks at the moment so I'll be taking care of the Decals listed above when time allows, based heavily on the original designs. If anyone is wondering why these can't be thrown together for April - or why May isn't a full guarantee - it's because the Decals need to be redrawn and iterated a few times to work well with the Decal system.
So making the initial emblem may be fairly straightforward, but it needs to be tested in the Decal system and adjusted a few times over. Testing a Decal on larger 'Mechs with more surface area is pretty easy, but smaller 'Mechs are the real test-case.
I'll do my best to make sure the Decals are as faithful as possible while remaining readable at various sizes.

Here's a peek at the Clan Coyote Decal, still in the iteration phase. Went for an Alpha Galaxy-style pattern for the Adder and paired the Coyote Decal with the Dagger Star to try for an Alpha Galaxy emblem on the leg.

Nice! And I spy CGS on the list, so am pretty happy! Thx.

#554 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

Blood Spirit
Burrock
Cloud Cobra
Coyote
Diamond Shark
Fire Mandrill
Goliath Scorpion
Hell's Horses
Ice Hellion
Nova Cat
Snow Raven
Steel Viper

Posted Image

so how where you guys planning on having these out with the Marauder IIC when you hadn't even started on them till now? Why did you guys roll out over a hundred IS unit decals before expanding the Clan decals beyond 5?

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 31 March 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#555 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Blood Spirit
Burrock
Cloud Cobra
Coyote
Diamond Shark
Fire Mandrill
Goliath Scorpion
Hell's Horses
Ice Hellion
Nova Cat
Snow Raven
Steel Viper

Posted Image

Very nice, and thanks for the quick sneak peek! I didn't honestly expect you would show us something, but I am glad you did!

#556 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 31 March 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

so how where you guys planning on having these out with the Marauder IIC when you hadn't even started on them till now? Why did you guys roll out over a hundred IS unit decals before expanding the Clan decals beyond 5?

Meh. At this point, one can stay salty, or move on, and I have enough sodium in my diet as is. *shrug*

#557 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

Blood Spirit
Burrock
Cloud Cobra
Coyote
Diamond Shark
Fire Mandrill
Goliath Scorpion
Hell's Horses
Ice Hellion
Nova Cat
Snow Raven
Steel Viper

Sweet! I Can't wait to put CDS decal on all of my Clanmechs! Thx!

Posted Image

#558 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

At this point, I'm satisfied with the date. So I can wait, but I got my fingers crossed.

#559 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

CHH coming so you have made me happy with this confirmation. I hope you use the better looking horse design instead of the cartoony one. But I will take whatever I can get.

#560 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostDodger79, on 18 March 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

And again, because i am not getting tired repeating this: make the badges a player receives available as decals. Should be pretty easy, makes badges somehow useful (owning 28 zillions of badges while only being able to display one at a time ingame/in the forums makes just no sense).

-

We have a winner here folkes!

Posted Image

Edited by MW222, 31 March 2017 - 09:40 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users