#61 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 July 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

He's probably also upset that the air he breathes for free isn't mint flavoured.

Guess he should start smoking menthols Posted Image

#62 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:36 AM

Just opened my first supply crate, PGI please allow the user to click when to stop the rotation (otherwise it defaults to something random). This way at least the user has a chance of getting something they want.

To show off items (this is what you might get, but never will muhahahaha) is really lame. It feels I am being lied to, to lure me in rather than actually giving me a fair chance to win the items on offer.

Just my thoughts :)

#63 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:49 AM

That is not rotation, but animation of roulette. If there is RNG in that, it is predetermined at a time of mouse click.
I guess anything beyond that is to complex to program. Posted Image Tried it once, got 100.000 C-bills, never again.

#64 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:01 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 July 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

So more or less confirmed, no more MC for prizes for the general public. Yeah, keep improving your image with the community PGI, you're doing great.

Well, except for the 1000 MC reward for the Leaderboard.

So, if you ignore that and skip the fact you/we have no idea what future event rewards hold, yea, sure...

Confirmed?

#65 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:14 AM

View PostARP Haruna, on 21 July 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

When was the last personal challenge we got mc as a prize?

Bring the Heat
Summer Solstice
Kodiak Leaderboard
Prove your Alliance
Alpha Lance
Archer Leaderboard
Lucky Charms
Rifleman Leaderboard
Warhammer Leaderboard
Stocking Stuffer.

That is this year and all have had a MC reward.

So, almost two a month for MC rewards.

View PostDee Eight, on 22 July 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Well... THAT should be obvious in the title...

VIPER LEADERBOARD AND CHALLENGE EVENT

Reading is hard! Nerf it.

#66 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:23 AM

TWIAFU, I love you bro but you really need to cut some salt outta yer diet! ;)

#67 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:45 AM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 22 July 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

viper needs structure quirks. this will be a low scoring event board, unless you run a ranged viper

Try 150m

#68 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:23 AM

My mind, tweaked sideways... This guy needs to be answered...

View PostTWIAFU, on 23 July 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Well, except for the 1000 MC reward for the Leaderboard.

So, if you ignore that and skip the fact you/we have no idea what future event rewards hold, yea, sure...

Confirmed?

This matter has already been a finished discussion, and didn't need to be talked about further. Why? This awesome, short quote...

View PostAlexander Garden, on 22 July 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

While this Personal Challenge doesn't feature it as a reward, we are not eliminating MC as reward items for future events and personal challenges.

...of which I am rather very appreciative and thankful of PGI's CSL, Alexander Garden, stopping by to lay Mech Pilots' fears to rest. ^_^

To which then on this list...

View PostTWIAFU, on 23 July 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Bring the Heat
Summer Solstice
Kodiak Leaderboard
Prove your Alliance
Alpha Lance
Archer Leaderboard
Lucky Charms
Rifleman Leaderboard
Warhammer Leaderboard
Stocking Stuffer.

That is this year and all have had a MC reward.

So, almost two a month for MC rewards.

...I should also note that I have personally been very appreciative and thankful of having rewards in events. And that's even with my being 'critical-minded' about the Event Reviews that I have posted. Why have I been so critical? Because I was trying to give PGI a sense of what seemed off-balance from a well-discerning, benefit-of-the-doubt-in-both-directions, player-side perspective. Perhaps, however, I was being too optimistic about providing feedback, simply in order to help PGI to fine-tune their Event construction? Although, I have to admit, I have probably been angry a little too often while doing that, likely because we don't get enough advance notice, and then the time constraints have been annoying. -_-

Which, speaking of anger, and because it looks like you're hiding a little more rage than I do, I have to agree with this...

View PostMovinTarget, on 23 July 2016 - 05:23 AM, said:

TWIAFU, I love you bro but you really need to cut some salt outta yer diet! Posted Image

...because it pretty much sums my thoughts up in a nutshell. Like I'm gonna do right now, I'm also going to ask you; Please cool down, TWIAFU! :D

~Mr. D. V. "Now, please excuse me while I go hop in a Mech... The battlefields call." Devnull

#69 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:23 AM

Here's a sign the vipers didn't sell very well... with a score of 81 pts, I'm ranked 680 on the Viper B board. The kodiaks sold in the thousands.

#70 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

The personal challenge was a breeze... finished it yesterday in one sitting. It was so easy I decided to finish my last metrics with a LBX60 Direwolf.

That thing can be described as "situationally awesome"

#71 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 24 July 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

Here's a sign the vipers didn't sell very well... with a score of 81 pts, I'm ranked 680 on the Viper B board. The kodiaks sold in the thousands.

This is not surprising. The Viper sale started when we were starting to get "mech pack fatigue" -- getting tired of each town hall being essentially Russ saying, "We're planning to do some great stuff. Buy a new 'mech."

Also, comparing the sales of a 40-ton omni-mech medium with 8.5 tons of available pod space to a 100-ton battlemech assault isn't really fair. One is expected to be cute and fun. The other is expected to rule the battlefield.

#72 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 24 July 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

This is not surprising. The Viper sale started when we were starting to get "mech pack fatigue" -- getting tired of each town hall being essentially Russ saying, "We're planning to do some great stuff. Buy a new 'mech."

Also, comparing the sales of a 40-ton omni-mech medium with 8.5 tons of available pod space to a 100-ton battlemech assault isn't really fair. One is expected to be cute and fun. The other is expected to rule the battlefield.

I don't know about you, but I have seen at least two Vipers in every match I have played since the patch.

#73 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

That's simply because of the event and new mech smell. During the kodiak event we were seeing 5 to 12 per team.

#74 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 July 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

I don't know about you, but I have seen at least two Vipers in every match I have played since the patch.

That's been my experience, too. However, the leader boards are not nearly as well populated as previous events.

I would bet that the sales were significantly less that half of even the Phoenix Hawk.

#75 Greenburg Godzillas

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

Not sure why everyone is complaining about Supply Caches. I was a little put out that it was like item drops in other MMORPGs, but Salvage is a big part of the Battletech universe. (I would have preferred calling them 'Salvage' and change the 'Key' to be named something else like 'Salvage crew'). Still, half the caches I have received say that a Mech Bay is a possible prize. Isn't that what everyone is complaining about? Just don't think that the chance to win any of the 8 is the same.

As a business decision for PGI, this was brilliant. Give people the tantalizing possibility of winning a mech bay or new mech for only a pittance of MC. It'll get some people to buy more MC as people will be less likely to save up little amounts. This helps PGI to pay for coders to build more maps and game play. Some won't spend the money and that's okay, sell the caches and go on with your life.

I would like PGI to put up a 'Cache' stat page to show what percentage of each prize is won, when offered. Otherwise, I worry that some of the big prizes aren't actually being won.

#76 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

Wow the same person is first or second in all 6 variants. That's f**king ridiculous. That's just stupid. And screams of bullsh*t. I'm sorry but you should have to opt in for 1 variant for every new mech leaderboard.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 25 July 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#77 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

The actual scores are still on the low side though due to the fragility of the mechs. You pretty much have to get behind someone to pickup a solo KMDD. However...to put up 3000+ scores...with only 8,5 tons of weapons, in such fragile mechs...that's like three solo kmdd's killing blows per game, with win and survival, and about 5 KAs, and 300+ damage. For each of those ten games. To be doing it in six different mechs.... well... the real telling bit will be looking at the leaderboards to see how many medium games those accounts are putting up.

So we look at prtNspz... 182 wins, 1 tie and 78 losses in mediums. 622 kills and 120 deaths. Avg match score 367. His faction merc unit is EmP 63 games played with 57 wins and 6 losses, 147 KMDD, 111 kills, 26 deaths.

Eth3Real...103 wins and 48 losses in mediums. 319 kills and 76 deaths. Avg match score 342. I couldn't find any faction leaderboard entry for this person.

As an example of a near perfect game, VPR-D, 3 ERSL, 2 SRM6s w/4 tons of ammo. Bog assault. 4 killing blows, 5 assists, 3 solo, 4 KMDD, 534 damage, 20 team damage (most of which was from using a SRM barrage aimed low to remove the leg off a bane, as he collided into a team black knight), win and survival. That's worth 324 points for the leaderboard. And you pretty much need nine or ten or those to take the top 5.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 July 2016 - 12:43 AM.

#78 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:21 AM

View PostRazerThrone07, on 26 July 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

PGI you have created a loop hole for THE 1 PERCENT.

Pardon me, but what are you talking about? :o

~D. V. "Your meaning is unclear..." Devnull

#79 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 25 July 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

The actual scores are still on the low side though due to the fragility of the mechs. You pretty much have to get behind someone to pickup a solo KMDD. However...to put up 3000+ scores...with only 8,5 tons of weapons, in such fragile mechs...that's like three solo kmdd's killing blows per game, with win and survival, and about 5 KAs, and 300+ damage. For each of those ten games. To be doing it in six different mechs.... well... the real telling bit will be looking at the leaderboards to see how many medium games those accounts are putting up.

So we look at prtNspz... 182 wins, 1 tie and 78 losses in mediums. 622 kills and 120 deaths. Avg match score 367. His faction merc unit is EmP 63 games played with 57 wins and 6 losses, 147 KMDD, 111 kills, 26 deaths.

Eth3Real...103 wins and 48 losses in mediums. 319 kills and 76 deaths. Avg match score 342. I couldn't find any faction leaderboard entry for this person.

As an example of a near perfect game, VPR-D, 3 ERSL, 2 SRM6s w/4 tons of ammo. Bog assault. 4 killing blows, 5 assists, 3 solo, 4 KMDD, 534 damage, 20 team damage (most of which was from using a SRM barrage aimed low to remove the leg off a bane, as he collided into a team black knight), win and survival. That's worth 324 points for the leaderboard. And you pretty much need nine or ten or those to take the top 5.

I haven't played FW in ages, that's why i'm not on that leaderboard. Such hype for a gamemode that turned out so bad and boring.

#80 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 25 July 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Wow the same person is first or second in all 6 variants. That's f**king ridiculous. That's just stupid. And screams of bullsh*t. I'm sorry but you should have to opt in for 1 variant for every new mech leaderboard.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users