#21 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 23 July 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

- Fix my Godd*mn Summoner. neglected like latchkey ghetto kids who get to share one freezypop for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

<derailing thread>

What's wrong with the Summoner?

</derailing thread>

#22 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 23 July 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

so sad that this is and will be 100% IGNORED

or paid just enough attention to be jetted or locked

#23 JuggernautXTR

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

The PSR needs the most attention, tired of new players getting t3 status, then i get matched with a lot of them.......all dead in the first 5 minutes of a match. watching them try to "call of doodie" hero play the match.
what do you think that does for my PSR.....down down down.

#24 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

Posted Image

Honestly I still don't know what those boxes mean >_> I guess that goes to show how pointless they or the game mode is/are.

#25 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:31 PM

Right now it is: Fill that checkbox using the least effort.
Instead of: Try to make the greatest thing within the limit of available resources.

Minimally Viable Product.

This has been proved over and over with each introduced feature, each single one defective or insufficient by design, I don't think they are incompetent, it is done on purpose.

#26 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

You forgot to mention Quadrupeds!

#27 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostJuggernautXTR, on 23 July 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

The PSR needs the most attention, tired of new players getting t3 status, then i get matched with a lot of them.......all dead in the first 5 minutes of a match. watching them try to "call of doodie" hero play the match.
what do you think that does for my PSR.....down down down.

How PSR and the Tier system works *is* the problem.

To add to the Big Book (along with the above statement):

=Mech Scaling (aka Quickdraw and a number of other mechs). This should have literally been fixed 2 years ago when there were a fraction of mechs the game has now. There has been some direction as of late - but the problem was permitted to grow over time.
=A blurb about each mech variant would be nice, and the basics such as year of introduction, rarity, faction users.
=Faction allegiance means nothing at all/
=Weapons Modules. We should have had branded weapons (thus preventing the stacking of weapons modules - and thus making balance easier and to help reduce power creep)
=Weapons handling. Should have had some mech weapons are instant pin point - while the rest take a few moments to "align to said firing point" This satisfies both camps - plus helping to reduce power creep. IE: mech has 6 energy hardpoints. 2 are always pinpoint, while the remaining 4 take a few minutes to "align".
=Use for scouts aka sensor range,modes and mech detect ranges
=Command Console usefulness.

#28 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:16 AM

View Postcazidin, on 23 July 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

You forgot the Command Console, just like Russ has.

I didn't forget. There's so much to be said about specific equipment and modules. Jump jets, NARC, MG, single heat sinks, etc. Or how about the fact that PGI has never tried to balance modules, ever? They balance weapons all the time. When was the last time they said "Actually, we see that people aren't using Advanced Sensors and Target Info Gathering so much, so we're going to buff those modules, instead of everyone just running around with Radar Derp and Seismic"?

Never. Modules are a box PGI has checked and left behind. Mission accomplished, as far as they're concerned.

View PostQuintus Verus, on 23 July 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

I'm going to derail this thread with peace, love, and happiness!
Word is next big project is complete rework of skill tree.

Sauce? Did I miss a tweet or a mention on some obscure NGNG podcast / stream?

View PostJohnny Z, on 23 July 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Last update was big. Really big. I hope the rest of the year is like that. This game does need a lot of work.
On the bright side, its shaping up real nice.
The last two updates were huge really.
- Comm wheel
- Decals
- Supply crate system
That's 3 new features right there.
- a lot of map changes and fixes
- more mechs
There really is a ton more to fill the rest of the page listed off in the last two updates.

I think the last updates were tiny. I'm optimistic about some things PGI are talking about, like PVE, Solaris, role warfare, information warfare and new skill trees. But none of that is here yet.

- Command wheel is flawed and incomplete. Most people only use it to troll their teammates with "Thanks" and "Affirmitive".
- Decals are a nice feature, but in no way a major one. Also, it has shading issues, so the decals don't blend in with camo properly. They look out of place.
- Supply cache is not a new feature anyone has asked for, it's a way for PGI to make more money. 99% of the players seem to be either apathetic or even angry about this feature, and the general consensus is that it's not worth it for anyone to spend MC on.
- They fixed Viridian Bog by adding a single set of stairs and ignoring almost 100% of the feedback given in their feedback thread. The new map is basically just a cosmetic upgrade with a single change to the map.
- More mechs.... <yawn>

View PostEvilCow, on 23 July 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

Right now it is: Fill that checkbox using the least effort.
Instead of: Try to make the greatest thing within the limit of available resources.
Minimally Viable Product.
This has been proved over and over with each introduced feature, each single one defective or insufficient by design, I don't think they are incompetent, it is done on purpose.

Yeah, this is the eternal debate with PGI and MWO. Are they making mistakes due to incompetence or some cynical plan? This question is raised all the time and I honestly have no idea anymore. If it was done on purpose, why is it so random sometimes? Sometimes it's not even in their benefit to make those mistakes. I don't get it.

#29 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:27 AM

Good starting post, I agree, P.G.I should read it

Having said that, each map does have its own ambient sounds, sadly once battle gets underway, they are drowned out

Edited by Cathy, 24 July 2016 - 01:28 AM.

#30 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:29 AM

All well and good with your list but you and I both know it means nothing to PGI. They will never change and just this latest announcement of a FW round table speaks volumes. Remember the glorious council idea?

It's just to fool the fools and have them go out and distract the rest of us like last time. Special snowflakes buy into this over and over again. They dream of Unicorns and will take any poo given. Wash,Rinse ,Repeat.

Every idea PGI needs is here on the forums. Every mistake is illuminated here too. They have a search feature.

That's the key and its also how you can understand they will do nothing. They have the tools but just let it rust in a bucket in the corner. It will continue to rust too. There is no changing that. It's all due to leadership and until that changes everything will continue as it always has.

#31 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:34 AM

@Alistair: What happened to your Huge Book of Grievance? ;)

#32 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:44 AM

I can't believe we still don't have a kill counter on Conquest and Domination.

#33 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:52 AM

Couldn't read the whole post as I couldn't stop laughing when I read "I thought they would update on a monthly basis based upon my feedback".

You've been here long enough to realize update monthly and respond to user feedback just doesn't happen, amirite?

#34 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:15 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 23 July 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

Extremely limited use of voice actors. Only in Scouting Mode can you actually hear different voices based on factions, and even then, it sounds like the same guy is actually just doing a normal military act (inner sphere) and an evil space villain act (clans). Even though we have a command wheel, and even though the Mechwarrior games are one of the few video game franchises with their own lingo and lore that would be relevant (Why not Aff instead of Affirmitive if you're a clan player? How hard is that? I mean, really!!), we all get the same generic voice with virtually zero variation.

Voice Acting = Immersion.

I dream of having comm chatter while we wait for the drop ("We're on final approach, 60 seconds to Drop Point", "We're in the pipe 5 by 5", "Where's the damn beacon?", "All techs exit the 'Mech Bay or your dropping with the 'Mechs!", "5 seconds to drop, if you haven't finished loading ammo they'll just have to do with out!"), audio description of mission ("Standard Assault Op, hold the enemy command point long enough for our troops to extract the intel while holding off the opposing 'Mechs. Of course, if you defeat all the opposing 'Mechs we'll have all the time in the world to do that...", "Skirmish Mission - Remove all opposition within the time alotted"), event prompts ("10 minutes left", "6 enemy defeated, keep up the pace", "We're down 6, pick up the pace people!") and game end ("Nicely done, guess your buying given all the C-Bills you've earned", "Bad luck there, better not make a habit of that or they'll assign that 'Mech to somebody else").

#35 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:32 AM

I'll just reply to titles and achievements. I have made posts about this in the past.. This is one thing that i think a person could spend a few days on and really add a ton of depth to this aspect. Connecting the counters, re-coding the titles, ect.. To me this one could really be done pretty darn easily, unless there is some really hard back end i don't know about

I'd love to see things like Named killers of mechs.. AKA Kill 2k HBK's and get a title.. Or blow up 10k mechs with SRM's and get something neat. Maybe a missile to place in your cockpit with the number 10k on it..

I dunno.. There is a ton of stuff that could be done.. and would make a great community thread, coming up with Names, and titles, and ways to use the achievements.. Now if you could actually keep the tread on topic, and get people to participate that is another story.. Seams like half the people like to just post catch phrases like PGI doesn't care, and that sorta crap.

Some of the things on your list i could see getting love in pve,, Others like command wheel, i think needs future attention.. But over all i think the game has made some pretty big strides since January, and lots of polish and tons of fixes that have been on lists for years.. I have hope!

But yea,, A community participation achievement/title thread could be just the kick in the arse that aspect could need Posted Image

View PostAlistair Winter, on 24 July 2016 - 01:16 AM, said:

- Supply cache is not a new feature anyone has asked for, it's a way for PGI to make more money. 99% of the players seem to be either apathetic or even angry about this feature, and the general consensus is that it's not worth it for anyone to spend MC on.

totally disagree on this.. People like getting prizes in general, and it really does seam to be a nice way to boost income for players that don't play tons of games a week. It is more like the casual players Premium time booster which is a very good thing. Like it or not, Games make money on casual players.. It is not the F2P users that spend 1k's of hours that typically spend lots of money. They are players like me, that enjoy the game, and spend 10-20-30 or maybe more hours a month player, but also tend to spend a bit of money on occasion. Some times we take a month off, or 2, but come back and have fun for a while and spend a few bucks to get something new..

The 99% that are angry as you say, are a small % of forum users, that don't wan't to spend MC on anything but mechbays, at least from the many names i noticed that seem to be against it.. I have seen lots of people that spent a few bucks, and got a nice bonus chunk of c-bills, or equipment. The people that want to ignore it, can get a bonus 50k on occasion.. If that is something that makes you angry, to me it's time to find a new game...

Spend 7 bucks, and get MC, and buy some keys, then get bonuses over the next few months.. Verse spending 15 bucks.. and if you end up not being able to play much after you launched your premium time you are out 15 bucks... to me it is Win/win.. But we know how the general forums are here..

Where is my AXe grinding Gif??? Funny, i've been on a forced hiatus due to being laid up in bed.. I wish i have had more time to play as of late, because i have just loved these last few patches

Edited by JC Daxion, 24 July 2016 - 04:42 AM.

#36 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:56 AM

My Grievance:

Yes, I understand that you made this game online exclusive.
Yes, I understand you're in it to make money.

However, I am a life long fan of the franchise. I became a fan when I was playing MS dos demos my dad gave me when I was eight. Now I'm 30. I have been playing every game religiously in that window of time, hunting every work around possible.

Mechwarriors 1 through 4 were single player games, with multiplayer as an afterthought. Same can be said with the Mech Commander series. As such, why have the fans of the single player games been given the cold shoulder and nothing to look forward to?

I don't necessarily even mean PVE or a pure single player campaign (Though It'd be nice). I mean greater emphasis on immersion and atmosphere. A feeling of something to work towards besides a generic MMO grind, or - god forbid - match modes that are more than a fifteenth flavor of deathmatch.

As far as the "Elite units are whales" argument goes, I don't think that's really true. The elite players aren't the ones playing Pokemech, and while they might have five different Arctic Cheetahs or Kodiaks, they're also making C-bills hand-over-fist and don't honestly need to keep spending MC. On the other hand, I, a lowly bad, bought a full color palette, most of the IS mechpacks, and a few hundred bucks worth of MC. I can't imagine that I'm so far out of the norm from the rest of the pug community.

But I guess being enough of a fan of the PC games that I ended up reading a good share of the Battletech novels and eventually got into the board game after highschool means I'm on a much smaller island than I thought, surrounded by hundreds of others who just don't give a **** about the lore and could just as well be playing Overwatch or something.

Edited by ice trey, 24 July 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#37 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

I didn't forget. There's so much to be said about specific equipment and modules. Jump jets, NARC, MG, single heat sinks, etc. Or how about the fact that PGI has never tried to balance modules, ever? They balance weapons all the time. When was the last time they said "Actually, we see that people aren't using Advanced Sensors and Target Info Gathering so much, so we're going to buff those modules, instead of everyone just running around with Radar Derp and Seismic"?

Never. Modules are a box PGI has checked and left behind. Mission accomplished, as far as they're concerned.

Hence why weapon modules should be removed and replaced with branded weapons - this would definitely help some immersion, but most importantly prevent the stacking of modules that has led to certain balance problems.
Example Medium Laser:
Brand A: Generic - same stats as now.
Brand B: Longer range BUT longer burn time
Brand C: Shorter burn time BUT longer refresh rate
Brand D: Shorter refresh rate BUT more heat

#38 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:02 AM

Well, if you're trying to convince our balance overlord that "Cap Accel" is "totally useless" in Skirmish, you'd get a dirty look and a nerfbat to your head.

Use the "legged module" (Speed Retention) to move "slightly quicker" while legged? That's totally useful when you get cored or side cored.

While "Advanced Gyro" should be useful for shaking... has your mech shaken despite NOT being hit by airstrikes+arty? Yea... realistic!

- Command wheel is flawed and incomplete. Most people only use it to troll their teammates with "Thanks" and "Affirmitive".

"Sorry!"

- They fixed Viridian Bog by adding a single set of stairs and ignoring almost 100% of the feedback given in their feedback thread. The new map is basically just a cosmetic upgrade with a single change to the map.

They added stairs to the main one.. which doesn't entirely help... when the other plateau doesn't have the equivalent one. It already devalues the lower water treading area further (usually localized as Theta on the map in Conquest).

Feedback!

Yeah, this is the eternal debate with PGI and MWO. Are they making mistakes due to incompetence or some cynical plan? This question is raised all the time and I honestly have no idea anymore. If it was done on purpose, why is it so random sometimes? Sometimes it's not even in their benefit to make those mistakes. I don't get it.

It's a little of both. Incompetence breeds indecision and porous results, while keeping the mentality "we'll fix it when we get to it" when it either never happens quickly enough (60 to 90 days at least) or it stays like that almost indefinitely (skill trees anyone?). Maybe the Dartboard of Balance is the ultimate managing partner of this game? Posted Image

#39 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 24 July 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

The 99% that are angry as you say, are a small % of forum users, that don't wan't to spend MC on anything but mechbays, at least from the many names i noticed that seem to be against it.. I have seen lots of people that spent a few bucks, and got a nice bonus chunk of c-bills, or equipment. The people that want to ignore it, can get a bonus 50k on occasion.. If that is something that makes you angry, to me it's time to find a new game...

I should have prefaced that by referring to the forum, indeed. I have no idea what the percentage is. I doubt that it's a complete financial flop. It works in other games, so I'm sure it works for MWO to a degree. And it was probably cheap for PGI devs to implement, so even a small income would make it profitable.

But if you ask about it in matches, using public chat, the general consensus seems to be more of apathy than gratitude that PGI made a brand new feature for everyone to enjoy.

View PostTed Wayz, on 24 July 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

Couldn't read the whole post as I couldn't stop laughing when I read "I thought they would update on a monthly basis based upon my feedback".
You've been here long enough to realize update monthly and respond to user feedback just doesn't happen, amirite?

Yep, I was being facetious.

View PostBush Hopper, on 24 July 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

@Alistair: What happened to your Huge Book of Grievance? Posted Image

This is the abridged, popular version. ;)

#40 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostTaffer, on 23 July 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Honestly I still don't know what those boxes mean >_> I guess that goes to show how pointless they or the game mode is/are.

I think its

RNG your in range (inside the circle)
CLR the circle is clear of enemy mechs
TRK tracking count down

edit

Yes its over complicated, as usual.

The TRK box is pointless, as if you in a position to, or care to look at it, then the counter is big enough on its own

Edited by Cathy, 24 July 2016 - 01:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users