48 replies to this topic

#41 Hodor72

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 23 July 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

• Extremely limited use of voice actors. Only in Scouting Mode can you actually hear different voices based on factions, and even then, it sounds like the same guy is actually just doing a normal military act (inner sphere) and an evil space villain act (clans). Even though we have a command wheel, and even though the Mechwarrior games are one of the few video game franchises with their own lingo and lore that would be relevant (Why not Aff instead of Affirmitive if you're a clan player? How hard is that? I mean, really!!), we all get the same generic voice with virtually zero variation.

http://www.getyarn.i...22-aeb2c00af64b

#42 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

I misread "book" as something else.

#43 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:58 PM

I just want them to release a major patch without decreasing FPS. This latest patch Im getting random FPS drops in all the maps not just V-Bog, thought it was my PC, sooooo, cleared shaders bla bla bla, even reinstalled MW:O and what not, still the same deal. So i dunno, or it could be just Nvidia releasing some crummy drivers recently.

#44 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

Apparently it hiccups until you play ever map once.

That said, I have noticed no loss of frames. The lighting in-match, however, is dramatically improved, and I love it.

#45 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:49 AM

Well said Alistair, well said.

#46 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:29 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 24 July 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

Apparently it hiccups until you play ever map once.

That said, I have noticed no loss of frames. The lighting in-match, however, is dramatically improved, and I love it.

/agree

#47 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:52 AM

It's great that most of us can agree on this stuff. Which makes it even more incomprehensible that PGI has never done anything about it. I know, I know, minimally viable product. But I actually think they could do this stuff very cheaply and easily, for the most part.

We're always talking about whether any given mistake is intentional or unintentional, and to see so many things that most players would love to see fixed, which are relatively easy to fix, leads me to believe that it's intentional. Specifically, PGI will look at my list of things and say "You're on an island. That stuff isn't actually imporant. We know how to make this game better, boy-o, not you."

If I showed this list to Russ, I have a feeling the reaction would be more "Meh" than "Huh! Never thought about that."

#48 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 July 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

It's great that most of us can agree on this stuff. Which makes it even more incomprehensible that PGI has never done anything about it. I know, I know, minimally viable product. But I actually think they could do this stuff very cheaply and easily, for the most part.

We're always talking about whether any given mistake is intentional or unintentional, and to see so many things that most players would love to see fixed, which are relatively easy to fix, leads me to believe that it's intentional. Specifically, PGI will look at my list of things and say "You're on an island. That stuff isn't actually imporant. We know how to make this game better, boy-o, not you."

If I showed this list to Russ, I have a feeling the reaction would be more "Meh" than "Huh! Never thought about that."

I think he would slap a giant BUY A MECH PACK TODAY sticker on your forehead if you talked to him. That seems to be about the level of awareness anyways.

#49 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 July 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

Attention to detail is also not PGI's forte. This is beyond obvious patch day blunders.

Even if you disagree that they do pay attention, the rate of responding to the issue takes much longer (if not 60-90 days, give it a year or two before it gets looked at).

Edited by Deathlike, 26 July 2016 - 07:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users