#41 malz79

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSingapore / East Timor

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 31 July 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

Just 1 play through would have revealed this bug.... seriously what do you all do??

Maybe PGI is busy trying to nerf/buff mechs after testing with their T5 accounts? Or maybe trying to make even more new mechs for sale? There are so many other issues and bugs in the game that they have not fixed since long ago.

#42 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:03 AM

why is PGI responding on twitter, but not in their forums? strange

Edited by Colonel ONeill, 01 August 2016 - 02:03 AM.

#43 Pelanistra

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:50 AM

Why is this still an issue? Seriously.

#44 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostRevengex, on 27 July 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

I criticize, because I care. I want this game not just to succeed, but to be epic. Right now, you are failing in that. Many of my friends have given up on this game, after being willing to invest time, and money.

Nothing would make me happier than to see this game have 100 really good maps, great game play, immersive experience, and financial success.

PLEASE PLEASE TRY HARDER FOR US FANBOYS. DON'T LET THIS GAME DIE.

An easy first step would be to bring back the older maps they stopped using like forest colony 1.0, caustic valley 1.0 and frozen city 1.0. There is nothing wrong with high-adrenline brawly maps. To satisfy both parties, those that think these maps were too small and those the thrive on brawl maps, they could add those maps back into rotation but simply made their incidence count lower than the rest of the maps. I guarantee these classic maps will be voted for over the others.

This change would instantly increase variety in the game and decrease the lather, rinse repeat syndrome its' currently finding itself in.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 01 August 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#45 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 24 July 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Yeah the increased wait times are much more annoying than the save times ever were.

And this does appear to be the case where its only affecting some people

Depends how many mechs you own.. I'm hovering at 200 mechs owned and the save tiimes were becoming UNBEARABLE. Although the connect times are longer now, the patch was an improvement for me. For someone with say 100 mechs or less, I'd say the trade-off was not so favourable.

#46 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:23 PM

The minute or two of connecting make rejoining a match after a crash pointless. Then players are penalised additional time because of nonparticipation.

Edited by FREDtheDEAD, 01 August 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#47 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

For some reason my connect time isn't too bad at all.. even tho i own around 200mechs. My ping is usually in the lower 20's.. maybe that plays a part in connect time?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 August 2016 - 05:25 AM.

#48 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:29 AM

I also have SSD.. anyone here with ssd that has terrible reconnect times?

#49 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:38 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 August 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

Here.

#50 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

There are qp matches where I have more than 2 times the connecting, searching for match, prelude and after the match again the connecting time than the time I'm actually in the match.

#51 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 August 2016 - 05:25 AM, said:

For some reason my connect time isn't too bad at all.. even tho i own around 200mechs. My ping is usually in the lower 20's.. maybe that plays a part in connect time?

I believe that the protocol they use for "connection" is synchronous and highly sensitive to latency. Players with very low latency to their main servers do not have much an issue.

Likely it is the same problem they fixed with mech save in mechlab and it should receive a similar solution: rather than ping-pong small messages just download the whole status in one go.

Edited by EvilCow, 02 August 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#52 Ataboy

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:35 AM

My second contact with support on this asking when? received this response:

Hi Ataboy,
There is an improvement coming in the next patch.

#53 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

Let me throw this in the fire and see how it sizzles.. I upgraded my PC just before the ''long-connection-time patch'' and so had to reinstall MWO. Consquently all my mechs in the selection screen had their default green camo's displayed. Maybe my connection time thus far hasn't been as long as others, despite owning 200mechs, because the UI hasn't had to load my mech camo's? Since then, about half of my mechs are now showing their appropriate camo's.. and my connection time still isn't too bad....

#54 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:47 PM

View PostRaubwurst, on 30 July 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

They are on it Posted Image
Edit: Ataboy posted the response from the support above

Lets bet on what they f*ck up in the next patch after repairing this problem ... I lost my hope in PGI amateurs long time ago. Just for the case check the performance in the game gui when in mechbay or mechlab in comparison with public or invasion.
In my case it is 60 fps vs 120-150 fps. :D PGI noobs are able to fully charge the hardware just with static render of currently selected mech a several very cheap sprite effects(and some menu, of course! It comsumes so much hardware overlaying, etc. ...!!!! :DDDD).
They must have so much money from selling all of that rubbish content they are producing and they still complain about not enough capacities to make this game better. Technically this game is becomming worse and worse and they are just producing new mechs ...

#55 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:59 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 August 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

Me.

#56 ZonaW

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:49 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 02 August 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

I believe that the protocol they use for "connection" is synchronous and highly sensitive to latency. Players with very low latency to their main servers do not have much an issue.

Likely it is the same problem they fixed with mech save in mechlab and it should receive a similar solution: rather than ping-pong small messages just download the whole status in one go.

This make sense, since ping delay affects a lot to the way net protocols should be designed. And if they are only testing these issues with local server, this would not show up. On the other hand, they have servers at three locations around the globe thus they should have plenty material to look.

I do wonder, if there is some technical need to do these reconnect/resync right after each battle? After all, anything that might have chaged due a match are some statistics and exp values, and for those it could well do background sync while players are browsing shop or tinkering at the mechlab. And for skills, it would make sense for allow player to tag next 1-2 mech skills they want to upgrade in adwance, so happen as soon as mech-exp keeps flowing in.

#57 Pelanistra

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:59 AM

Seems no one is listening from PGI. Yay.

#58 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostScrimbot, on 08 August 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

Seems no one is listening from PGI. Yay.

Actually they said (somewhere, not here) that there will be an improvement in connection time next patch..

#59 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

I don't think it is related to ping....because it take same amount of connecting time to get back to lobby even I am leaving from the Testing Ground.

#60 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

Definitely an increased connecting time... definitely needs to be addressed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users