• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

So after watching the round table for FW last night my feelings were something like this should have been done before FW. So since we cant go back in time lets try and get them to do it for Solaris. Lets try and get PGI to take feedback before they really start working on it.

So if you guys are interested lets start by talking about what we want from it and what challenges it brings.

Some first thoughts.

1. Solaris will be another bucket. And we will have Solaris vs group vs solo quick play vs FW and maybe even vs single player missions. How do we make it work with the small player base.

2. How do we make Solaris different than the normal quick play we have now.

3. How do we have enough maps to start with to make it not feel to dull with the same couple of maps.

4. What game play modes work and are needed to start with Solaris.

Some possible solutions.

1. For maps have arena versions of many of the maps we have now. These would be cut down versions or even full versions with temporary barriers to limit game play area. They could also have added cover etc. We would also have special Solaris maps.

I would also like to see them not have maps like the 2vs2 test maps. Play wise they seem rather limited. Maybe we can have a Solaris map design contest for the community.

2. For game modes we could have free for all, two man team free for all with 12 teams of 2, 1vs1, 4vs4 and 8vs8? Not sure how to cut down the buckets for this. Maybe have Solaris game mode just change day to day or hour to hour. Then the ones that are more popular get more hours? That way its only ever one bucket.

3. Have good leaderboards tracking mech used, game type etc.

4. Have daily, weekly and monthly prizes/leaderboards.

5. Have all time Hall of Fame type section.

6. Have a really good announcer that is entertaining.

7. Possibly some kind of playback system.

8. Good matchmaking based on more than just tiers.

What do you guys think it needs?

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 29 July 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:35 AM

To make S7 something unique I would treat it like an event. Open Solaris only twice a week, lets say on Wednesday and Sunday (with fancy names for each day, like Sunday Thunder or Wednesday Metal Mayhem) and make a special leaderboard for it. Day one will be free for all deathmatches (8v8), while day two will have different queues for every weightclass (or even every chassis?), 1v1 up to 4v4.

Aaaaaaand most importantly: Put in an announcer, like in MW4 Mercs!

#3 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

I'd say just roll Quick Play into S7, make them one and the same. Let Group que (not FW/CW), be the team variant of S7. That reduces the buckets and doesn't really change up the format of Quick Play too much...

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

+9000!

They need to be more pro-active in dealing with the community, rather than trying to put out fires after the fact. We'll see, I guess.

#5 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

correct me if im wrong but isnt Pug/Group Que already like Solaris?
couldnt/wouldnt it be easier for those Ques to be Changed into Solaris then add Solaris?

to you, What is Solaris? what makes Solaris?

#6 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 July 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

couldnt/wouldnt it be easier for those Ques to be Changed into Solaris then add Solaris?

What we have now is mainly 12vs12 death match. Some things Solaris would have.

1. Free for all mode. And could also do a 2 man teams free for all with 12 of the 2 man teams.

2. It is where you would have smaller groups. For example 1vs1, 4vs4, 8vs8.

3. Duncan Fisher announcing.

4. Solaris style arenas.

5. Solaris only leaderboards.

etc

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 29 July 2016 - 07:06 PM.

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 July 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

The only Solaris game mode I am interested in is a 24+ no-holds-barred winner-takes-all last-man-standing furball. There can be only one:

#8 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

View PostMystere, on 29 July 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

The only Solaris game mode I am interested in is a 24+ no-holds-barred winner-takes-all last-man-standing furball. There can be only one:

not meaning to poke fun at that, but,...
whats to stop a Skill Crow from Running away the whole match,
then taking you out as your about to take Victory? ;)

#9 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

Tired of some arrogant or obnoxius teammate who always whine about noob team? Why not add 1v1 Duel mode and challenge him in Solaris?. Anyone who join can spectate and place bets some C-Bills (Or MC if you want for laugh) to the winner.

Also Solaris must have some class mode like : Lights Only, Medium Only, Heavy Only, Assaults Only, All Class.

Edited by Kasumi Sumika, 29 July 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 29 July 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

What we have now is mainly 12vs12 death match. Some things Solaris would have.

1. Free for all mode. And could also do a 2 man teams free for all with 12 of the 2 man teams.
2. It is where you would have smaller groups. For example 1vs1, 4vs4, 8vs8.
3. Duncan Fisher announcing.
4. Solaris style arenas.
5. Solaris only leaderboards.
etc

1 & 2) well i guess thats possible but would create more buckets,
3) Well an Announcer could easily be added to the matches(it can be made Dynamic to give a Realistic feel)
(Ex. a DWF kills a MDD with Gauss= {look at that a Great Gauss Shot Taking out that MDD, that DWF pilot is really pushing it}
4) Arenas can be Done if People wanted, by adding an Arena Ring around each Map(Copy Paste the Ring into Every Map)
5) would be like QP Leader Boards,

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 July 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

not meaning to poke fun at that, but,...
whats to stop a Skill Crow from Running away the whole match,
then taking you out as your about to take Victory? Posted Image

Hmm, let me see. My Solaris furball will have the following:
  • temporary alliances
  • treachery
  • betrayal
  • meat shields
  • opportunistic killing
  • the most underhanded tactics one could ever conceive

What's not to like? Posted Image

#12 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

Please build faithful Solaris arena maps. I want to play in Iron Mountain and feel claustrophobic. I want traps to avoid in the Coliseum, I want the huge sensor jamming mess of the Factory. Surreal environs in the hologramatic Boreal Reach. The Jungle... yeah. Sure. Liao is a bunch of cheap ******** but sure.

I want the proper Arenas.

#13 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 July 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

1 & 2) well i guess thats possible but would create more buckets,
3) Well an Announcer could easily be added to the matches(it can be made Dynamic to give a Realistic feel)
(Ex. a DWF kills a MDD with Gauss= {look at that a Great Gauss Shot Taking out that MDD, that DWF pilot is really pushing it}
4) Arenas can be Done if People wanted, by adding an Arena Ring around each Map(Copy Paste the Ring into Every Map)
5) would be like QP Leader Boards,

1 - only one bucket I talked about this on HPG but forgot to add it here. You have a single solaris bucket and game modes change by day or week etc. You would now in advance what was coming. So maybe this weekend is 2 man teams free for all etc. But yes you have to do it so there are not tons of new buckets created.

3. Announcer really only works right in free for all and other limited type games. Solaris is an arena sport. What the announcer says makes sense in that context but not in normal group play.

4. Yes some parts of some maps could be used for arenas to have a lot of maps to started and then some new maps just for Solaris.

5. Yes would be like QP leaderboards

View PostMischiefSC, on 29 July 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

Please build faithful Solaris arena maps. I want to play in Iron Mountain and feel claustrophobic. I want traps to avoid in the Coliseum, I want the huge sensor jamming mess of the Factory. Surreal environs in the hologramatic Boreal Reach. The Jungle... yeah. Sure. Liao is a bunch of cheap ******** but sure.

I want the proper Arenas.
I agree I want good good arena maps based on lore. The ones based on current maps would be just filler to have a bigger selection of maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users