Auto Placement Of Heatsinks Into Engine?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

I have found that when ever I try to fill the CT 2 slots with a heat sink, it automatically places it in the engine...

I do not want this. Please unscript this automatic function. I want to be able to place the heat sink where I want it...

Thanks.

#2 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

As far as I have understood it, Heatsinks are more effective within the reactor. And since you are talking Clan chassis you are needing every cooling you can get ("fill the CT 2 slots with a heat sink", Doubles are 3 slots in IS/2slots in Clan). Additionally, you are filling up two otherwise usable slots (even if its for dynamic distribution of Endo and/or Ferro). So, other than you just wanting to have it your way by principle, I can't for the love of God figure out a logical reason why you would not want these HS in your engine. If I have overseen something, please tell me, because at the moment I really don't see it.

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:22 PM

Maybe he want's it as some kind of crit padding. It's a poor shield against a storm of MG bullets but better than nothing.
But is it worth it? No it ain't. Better off putting the HS inside the engine.

#4 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:51 AM

The point is, it should be my choice. Heat isnt an issue on the build I have.

#5 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:11 AM

Could you just fill the engine with DHS, then put the DHS in the CT, then remove the engine DHSs?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users