#1 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:17 PM

Who is the Seraphim Regiment [SRPH]?

The Seraphim began as mercenaries behind the doors of MWO Closed Beta on September 29, 2012. We remained as mercenaries and completed a tour of all the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere ... well, except for Liao...

After reaching regimental size, we decided to settle down as loyalists in the Free Worlds League on November 7, 2015. After being bounced back and forth between the eastern and western Marik fronts, the Seraphim Regiment decided it was time for a change of pace.

Plotting a new course based on a majority vote, the Seraphim Regiment ended their loyalist contract with the Free Worlds League on July 25, 2016. This action led us to pick up our mercenary ways once again as we were tired of Inner Sphere politics and set out to pursue our fortunes amongst the children of Kerensky.

In January 2018, with all of our gear, dependents, and pandas safely aboard the Seraphim YardShip Asuncion, we are back in Marik’s Zion Province (our home base since 2012) and have to reestablish ourselves among the units of the Inner Sphere

What do we offer?

The Seraphim was established almost eleven years ago as a place of peace for all gamers. The Golden Rule is our guiding principle ... treat others the way that you would like to be treated. That really is what we are all about.

We are in the process of rebuilding companies that have suffered losses in recent battles.

In the Seraphim, there are no tryouts ... no required Kill-to-Death ratios ... we accept each MechWarrior as they are.

If you don't have the skills you need to meet YOUR desired level of success, there are plenty of MechWarriors who would be happy to be your wingman and give constructive coaching.

Not sure which 'Mechs to work towards or how to tweak them for the playstyle that you desire? We have veterans who have years of experience piloting both IS and Clan mechs who will help guide you towards the 'Mech that suits your purpose.

The Gentlemen of the Inner Sphere

That nickname was given to us by one of our opponents in a match. It was a testament to who we are and the Code of Honor that we live by. We are still the same "no profanity" guild that we have always been and, because of that, we do not have to police for language or drama ... it kind of takes care of itself.

Looking for a comfortable place to run 'Mechs in an environment that will never embarrass you if your speakers are on?

Then you have come to the right place. Join us on Discord today at https://discord.gg/uN4dSgV and look over our Code of Honor. If it looks agreeable to you, we would love to have you join us in the ongoing adventures of the Seraphim Regiment.

Colonel Alex Reed
Founder and CO of the Seraphim Regiment

Edited by Alex Reed, 10 May 2023 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Hammer Hand

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:09 AM

We are looking forward to new opportunity and adventure!

#3 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:45 AM

Ghost Bear... (evil laugh while smiling real big on the inside)

#4 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:19 AM

Nice CW matches with Ghost Bear and the Seraphim last night! Looking forward to some more!

#5 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:29 AM

New Oslo did not fall last night but it was seriously threatened. Sad to hear that once the Long Tom hits the field, no one wants to play anymore.

Seraphim members engaged in last night's action fared very well. Looking forward to getting more Seraphim involved tonight to see if we can tip this planet in favor of Clan Ghost Bear.

#6 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

Actually Alex, New Oslo must have fallen in the Oceanic Timezone because it is in Ghost Bear hands at this time. Thanks to everyone that played scouting with me last night, I had lots of fun and hope to do it again.
Thanks to Kcom for taking the planet ;)

#7 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:40 AM

Nice, S T I N G S. Thanks for the update.

I would like to remind anyone looking for a unit, that we are actively looking for new players who want a comfortable, safe place to game. What we offer is an environment free from profanity, trolling, over-inflated egos and drama. We are trying to rebuild our Faction Warfare base and we need active players to do so.

We have a few European TZ players but we definitely need more to form a reliable company that can fight for our goals during that attack window. If you are a European player and the Seraphim looks like your kind of place, we would love to have you join us in this grand adventure. We need a few pioneering individuals who will step up and help us get a Euro company off the ground.

As a reminder, the Seraphim is not for everyone. Our Code of Honor sets a high bar for moral standards and expectations. But, to those who strive to meet the Code, they will find a place of belonging that is like no other. The world of Internet gaming can be a dark place. For almost four years now, the Seraphim have sought to show the world what it can look like at its best.

Check us out today at https://discord.gg/uN4dSgV and see if the Seraphim is the right fit for you.

Alex...

Edited by Alex Reed, 16 August 2021 - 03:56 PM.

#8 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

The Seraphim Regiment are closing up our second week with Clan Ghost Bear tonight and look to extend our contract again. We are experiencing great matches here on the GB/FRR frontline. This is the reason we returned to the Merc ranks ... freedom to choose when and where to fight.

If you are looking for a place to run your mechs in Faction Warfare, come check us out (https://discord.gg/uN4dSgV) ... principled players with clean comms ... an atmosphere that is hard to beat and is perfect for learning the ropes of Mechwarrior Online.

Edited by Alex Reed, 16 August 2021 - 03:56 PM.

#9 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:27 PM

It's not like it was in the old days when we had our base on Asuncion.

There was something mysteriously majestic about watching a dropship burn into the atmosphere and descend towards our makeshift landing pad. It was great to wait to see what it held for us ... news from the frontlines ... orders from the Captain General ... needed supplies and needed reinforcements ... it was a potluck ... you just never knew.

Now, on the SYS Asuncion, that has been replaced with watching radar readings on my datapad while sitting by the airlock and waiting for pressurization before receiving the news, supplies or reinforcements.

The monotony of the process was lightened today when I had the privilege of welcoming Brynjar Thorsen onto the Asuncion and into the ranks of the Seraphim Regiment.

In his response to our recruitment posting, he told me that while he was on leave, his unit disintegrated leaving him without a home. After seeing what we had to offer, he decided to give us a shot. That is why we are here ... offering a safe, stable place for gamers to land and find a new home among fast friends.

People come and go as the demands of life pull on their schedule ... we have precious few of our founders left for that very reason. That is why receiving recruits like Brynjar into our unit is a blessing indeed.

If you are looking for a unit, we have room for more ... all skill levels can apply and we do not discriminate on the basis of age.

The Seraphim is a place where we encourage parents and children to run mechs together. It's just who we are.

Curious? You can learn more about us https://discord.gg/NvCswRf.

Edited by Alex Reed, 16 August 2021 - 03:57 PM.

#10 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Today we had a weird thing happen.

We are used to dropships coming in all the time ... an occasional aerospace fighter will ask clearance to land for repairs ... nothing out of the ordinary for a warzone.

But, today, we had a private shuttle ask for clearance to land in one of our bays. That was a new one on me.

I made my way to our shuttle berth to met the pilot. A fella who went by the handle JavaJoe42.

He was a likable fellow who already knew two or three of our mechWarriors and decided to follow us to join up with his friends as well. Like I said ... different but welcome...

It reinforces the fact that we came back to the Merc life at the right time after suffering a stagnation in recruiting while serving as Marik loyalists. Now, it's time to master these Clan mechs while we still have the Ghost Bear contract to fulfill.

#11 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Today we welcome GageSteele, a former Marik loyalist, to the mercenary ranks of the Seraphim Regiment.

Though we have changed from a merc unit to Marik loyalist and back to merc, one thing about us remains unchanged ... our unfaltering commitment to run comms that are clear of profanity as well as objectionable language, comments, and jokes.

If you share this ideal and are looking for a family-friendly atmosphere to play this game, come check us out at our Discord Server https://discord.gg/uN4dSgV

#12 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

Last night was an important night for the Seraphim Regiment.

After implementing and successfully testing new comms software, we have officially switched over to a private Discord server. This has freed up our TeamSpeak server for other uses. In a short time, we will be rolling our Seraphim TS server out as a public server to allow others to come and see what the Seraphim Regiment is all about.

We have had many recruits show interest in our unit but state that they did not feel they could live up to our "No Profanity" policy. The public TS server would allow them to run mechs with us and let us get to know them as well. It will be our "tryout server."

In the Seraphim, we do not require recruits to prove their skills prior to joining. We do, however, ask them to show their character. To that end, the Seraphim public TS should be rolled out within the next week.

ALSO, after years of trying and testing, our techs have stumbled onto something quite significant.

Over the years, the Seraphim have captured quite a few Firebrands in battle. Though their salvage was useful in keeping our other Jagers running during lean times between contracts, we have never been able to field them due to their special "iconography."

We have tried multiple methods of sanding and priming these beasts but, no matter how they have been prepped or colored, the iconography still bled through in textured ridges. It was almost like the iconography was sculpted into the metal itself.

Last night, one of our chief techs informed me of their latest success using special primers and a substance called POR15 (?) which has totally masked the textured edges of the iconography and allows any camo pattern to be applied to the mechs with no bleed through of the original paint job.

Sadly, there is no way to remove the identification code "Firebrand" from the internal OS of the 'Mech. To do so would destroy the integrity of the system and make the mech inoperable. So a decision had to be made.

We have decided that now is the time for the Seraphim Regiment to put this Jager variant into battle.

None of us are perfect and many of us were a bit of a "Firebrand" before we found redemption.

Though our 'Mechs may show a bit of our past on both allied and enemy radar screens, our new paint schemes will be a sign of the new lives we have found. The old things have passed away ... the new has come!

I think this new philosophy fits our unit well and we look forward to seeing the creative camo patterns each pilot will joyously implement on the battlefield.
Seraphim Regiment. Still Mercs. Still a wholesome family unit. Still recruiting.

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!

#13 Garegaupa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:21 AM

I've been a member of this great unit since 2014 now, and even though my activity level varies quite a lot I've had a blast the whole time! If you're looking for a friendly unit built on Christian values, look no more - you'll find the application form by clicking on the link Alex Reed posted just above! Posted Image

#14 Aeromaxout

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

Yes, for now we are Clan Wolf Loyalists. We might change, or maybe not. Time will tell. That said, life is just fine aboard the SYS Asuncion, our humble little ship. Just had a full overhaul so that everything from the sensors to the engines to the airlocks are all in tip-top shape.

As for the activity levels, Garegaupa is absolutely correct. we have had highs and our lows. Our community is diverse in map and mind, but all share the same values.

Hope to see you all on the battle field mechwarriors

Edited by Aeromaxout, 05 April 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#15 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

We brought the pandas?!?!?!

YAY!

#16 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

After completing our Tour of Duty through Clan Space, the Seraphim are back home in the Free Worlds League and reacquainting ourselves with the Zion Province.

Last night, I celebrated by deploying my Firebrand for the first time with 3rd Battalion as we dropped into various hotspots under the banner of the Purple Eagle. I really enjoy the 'Mech now that I am able to skin it with a Crusader camo scheme (thanks, Piranha, for giving us that option).

But, this note is to all unaffiliated MechWarriors. If you are looking for a unit to drop with, consider the Seraphim.

No profanity... no drama... Just good fun for the whole family.

Blessings to you and yours,

Alex...

#17 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

It was good to run mechs with Darin Brewer last night. The return of the Seraphim co-founder is huge.

We are still filling up ranks in Firat Battalion (Saturday drops) and Third Battalion (Monday and Thursday drops).

We are not a comp group. All players are welcome.

You can learn more at seraphimregiment.enjin.com.

Alex...

Edited by Alex Reed, 25 May 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#18 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

It is my pleasure to welcome Sigurdhr to the Seraphim.

He made an interesting point in his application.

The Seraphim are known as "The Gentlemen of MWO" and we take pleasure in that reputation. If you are looking for a polite place to drop mechs... A place of sobriety and civility... Then set your coordinates to seraphimregiment.enjin.com. We would love to have you join us.

Have a great weekend.

Alex...

#19 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

The Seraphim have moved their home page to www.seraphimregiment.enjin.com.

If you are interested in casual / committed gameplay in a clean, drama-free environment, give us a visit. You won't be disappointed.

The Seraphim: Not having to apologize for what comes out your speakers since 2012.

Edited by Alex Reed, 16 August 2021 - 03:58 PM.

#20 Rick Atlasley

• Pip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

I'm never gonna give Jesus up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users