Attacker Spawns Are Too Far Apart, Too Easy For One Lance To Be Spawncamped.

4 replies to this topic

#1 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:40 PM

I really do enjoy this map. The only two issues I see are

1.) Gen2 needs to be turned around the other way so that it can't be sniped and

2.) attacker spawns are too far apart, making it easy for the defenders to push out and spawncamp one lance of attackers until all of their mechs are dead.

I think the attacker spawns should be moved closer together so that, if the defenders try and spawncamp one lance of attackers.. it wouldn't be so difficult to repel them before one lance has 16 dead mechs and those people disconnect from being spawncamped.

#2 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:15 AM

I agree, take Vitric Forge for example, there used to be a problem with attacking the spawn, then they moved them up high so you need to drop down from them and the problem was solved.
Even if the Spawns are far apart, they are also way to open, provide little to no cover, so there is no safe way to react to the defending team attacking the attackers spawn points. especially the two outer Drops are very vulnerable

#3 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

I agree overall this is one of the better FP maps with only the two small flaws you mention:
sniping Gen 2 from outside the gate and the placement of the attacker spawns that allows spawn camping (especially against defending Clanners).

#4 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

You make a good point about the spawns, and the issue is especially prevalent on counter-attack (no gens means defs don't have to worry about leaving their base). The area surrounding alpha lance's spawn is also pretty conducive to camping it, on account of the numerous overlooks and cover.

#5 Imigo Montoya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:13 PM

It would be nice if all attackers would spawn in one location like in Boreal, Sulfurus where all Spawns are near each other.

better would be if you still have three positions where the attackers could spawn but only one is used at any given time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users