A Network Error Occurred

60 replies to this topic

#1 Onconase

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:16 AM

A network error occurred. Please check your internet connection.

Pretty sure that my internet works well, I do can connect other games and even surf internet. Please help

#2 OzViper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:05 AM

I get this error as well (Brisbane Australia-Optus ISP)

When you get this error are you able to access the MWOMercs website? I can not

#3 Kickaha Tokomi

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:10 PM

View PostOzViper, on 03 August 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

I get this too mate, also in Brisbane, also on Optus....never saw it before, but now can only play 2 games & disconn... sometimes in game & sometimes just laggy as hell before I am kicked out & cannot return to either the game or this website....can surf the net & also play other games fine.

#4 Die Frucht

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:37 PM

Hey Guys!
I got this issue too. But from Germany.
I checked the page about my mobile phone and a umts stick. nothing helps.
At home with my broadband cable.... no issues. I dont know how this could happen.

#5 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

in my experience, this error happens due to packetloss .... the client will speak with up to 5 (maybe more) ip's at once .... and if the packets going back and forth to the backend server stop getting through, then you get dumped back to the login screen .... occasionally I'll see another one that complains about steam association fails ....

I can only trace the route out for about 3/4 of the latency of the packets .... don't get sucked into dumb things, like pinging the forums, when the servers are not physically hosted at the same IP ...

#6 Sopistan

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAlicante/Spain

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:22 AM

Same error here, after a week without problems (Spain), its nearly impossible to log in now.

Found this in the logs :

WARNING: Logging out user due to error during login process: jobName=GetStoreItemsResultOffset[ResultOffset[0]] result=EResult_Timeout

#7 Jex

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:45 AM

I experienced the same thing just today. Cannot stay within the game more than 5 minute. I always get the error "Server Connection Was Lost". I can always login again, continue the match, and the same thing happened over and over again. I have no problems playing with other online games (LoL, OW, etc)

What I also notice is how weird MWO treats disconnection issues. Instead of giving the time window for the client to reconnect, it instantly kicks the client back to the login window. Wtf? Do they even know how long we should wait for the client to reconnect from the login window??

#8 ChillAAA

Rookie

• The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostOzViper, on 03 August 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

View PostOnconase, on 03 August 2016 - 02:16 AM, said:

A network error occurred. Please check your internet connection.

Pretty sure that my internet works well, I do can connect other games and even surf internet. Please help

Guys are you still experiencing this during 'peak' times? ie 7pm AEDT onwards? For the last month at least I've been seeing the same issues, both game and site inaccessible. Optus - Sydney, Aust

#9 Cashel

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:04 AM

Just had this problem - never experienced it before.

Ran the repair tool - all good except it got rid of a couple of old local files from old frozen city etc.

I released then renewed my IP, restarted the launcher and finally it worked.

(Running Windows 10, and non steam launcher if that's at all pertinent for anyone.)

Hope that helps at least a little..

#10 E5Ky

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

Same issue here. Optus Sydney.
Mostly during the day it is ok. In the evenings it use to happen sometimes like 3 or 4 attempts out of every 10. Now it happens all the time from 6:00pm till about 9:00 am. The only game and site I cant access are MWO.

Happening since the introduction of Netflix approx. I thought traffic was being routed differently at night by Optus but seeing the same hops. Still suspect its something Optus side in the back end. I've tried everything I can think of and everything suggested by Support.

Anyone have any connections at Optus we can leverage? I got escalated to what they claimed was their tier 3 support and they are hiring monkeys cause I talked about testing with a public DNS rather than the auto .After flushing it and requesting a new IP I didn't seeing any change on the trace route. It was still dropping on like the second bounce. They tried telling me its not possible to change the DNS and that the issue was with MWO site.

It seems to be happening for multiple carriers ? Suspect they might be going through the same pipe and traffics being blocked somewhere further down the line and therefore ISP's and MWO Support have little visibility on it?

#11 OzViper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:27 AM

This is still a nightly occurrence for me too. around 8pm it becomes impossible to log into the game or mwomercs. ( Optus Cable Brisbane here)

Optus have said its happening further down the line from them, closer to the US side of things so there is nothing they can do and suggested perhaps MWO could do something on their end?

I have a work around by using a free VPN which gets me into the game and website, but the ping is so horrific (500+) that the game becomes almost unplayable..

#12 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

For the past three consecutive Fridays night (nz time) - I haven't been able to log into the mwo game. (no issues with mwomercs or anyt other sites: net-flicks/steam/origin...)

"A network error occurred. Please check you internet connection".

This message is currently on my screen as i'm logged into the mwomercs to type this post... and I have just opened netflicks on my ipad...

guess I'll head over to BF1 land... pity as I felt more like mwo tonight

(2degrees Auckland)

Edit last 3 Friday nights and tonight (Saturday)... no issues with any other internet requiring programs...

Edited by chucklesMuch, 19 November 2016 - 12:30 AM.

#13 Error650

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

Same thing in Limeyland. Won't let me in, try changing DNS settings and using the repair tool, MWO just extends it's middle finger and waves it in my direction in an up and down fashion, :(

#14 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:47 AM

Restarting my modem worked tonight. Annoying as no connection issues with anything else.

#15 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

IF you have network issues, check that you are not a victim of AKAMAI !

ALT-Tab out for right-clicking on the Windows symbol in the bottom left corner to start the TASK-MANAGER in Windows ( 10 or earlier )
In Task-Manger check the PERFORMANCE of your connection to the WWW
Select WLAN or Ethernet, depending on what you are using and open the RESOURCE MONITOR with the link at the bottom of the window.

IF you see a lot of LOAD from a URL of AKAMAI, you are a victim of their DOS too Posted Image

#16 SiZiGee

• Pip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostM E X, on 19 November 2016 - 04:34 AM, said:

IF you have network issues, check that you are not a victim of AKAMAI ! ALT-Tab out for right-clicking on the Windows symbol in the bottom left corner to start the TASK-MANAGER in Windows ( 10 or earlier ) In Task-Manger check the PERFORMANCE of your connection to the WWW Select WLAN or Ethernet, depending on what you are using and open the RESOURCE MONITOR with the link at the bottom of the window. IF you see a lot of LOAD from a URL of AKAMAI, you are a victim of their DOS too Posted Image

a quicker way is in the command prompt:

netstat | findstr akamai

But I doubt its that, as I updated my machine before playing.

Seeing as this is affecting multiple people, then it might be a problem in the DC. Maybe a load balancer/router/switch... basically networking.

Or alternatively, it might have been the latest hotfix causing this (server side)

#17 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

move

#18 Mykl Cobalt

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:28 AM

Is this a thing again....I'm getting this issue for first time today....in US. What was the final verdict on the previous occurence? Workarounds or fixes??

#19 Slappy IIC

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

Got the message just now.

Network is fine, rebooted anyway, still no joy.
Something is borked and it ain't on my end.

#20 SLAK Ghost

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

Yep, same. It's happening again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users