#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:07 PM

Hopefully we'll see more collaborations between PGI and HBS, but I have to admit, while obviously it needs work (pre alpha, ya know?)...... it looks pretty stinking great already.

Not sure if they would have been in a position to make the jump in without PGIs help with the mech models (saves a lot of time and money reinventing the wheel) so thank you PGI and Alex for that.

FPS for the FPS crowd, TT Tactical Game for the TT crowd. Win/Win.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:10 PM

Also...(spoiler alert) the way that Atlas get's taken down? Total flashback to Closed Beta Forest Colony, lol. Posted Image

#3 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

Got that email today too.

Lookin' mighty fine!

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

Backers be like:

Posted Image

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

I do hope that in the final product the humanoid mechs will swing their arms back and forth while moving.
Never liked them being locked at the elbows (which is a necessary evil in an FPS like MW:O, but in a turn based game? Completely unnecessary)

#6 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

So excited to try Battletech... got the email today and watch the video on my phone.

Now if we can get HBS to write a campaign story for PGI.

Edited by Navid A1, 03 August 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#7 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:33 PM

Yes please. I'm glad having backed that.

#8 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:36 PM

My comments:
  • RNGesus hates Atlai (and their pilots).
  • Nice display of using lighter 'Mechs and Jump Jets to tactically win a combat!
  • MWO's PPC animation is better and HBS needs to just use it....
  • Make firing AC sound more like boom boom boom and less brrrrrt. I admit that it depends on the number of projectiles being launched (amount of projectiles in a cassette) but it just didn't sound cool.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 03 August 2016 - 11:40 PM.

#9 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:18 AM

Very nice, I'm pleased with my investment.

#10 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

For a pre alpha... That looks very good.

Shouldn't this be in off topic or spam or something tho... :-p

Edited by Oderint dum Metuant, 04 August 2016 - 12:51 AM.

#11 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:08 AM

Kind of reminded me of my first ever tabletop Battletech game.. I crested a ridge in a Hatchetman and took a gauss shot right to the cockpit from a Rifleman. (It later turned out that the guy had weighted dice and we banned him from our games, forever.)

I'm extremely pleased to learn that Battletech has a future.. because this game has taken a nosedive since April.

The middle of next year is going to be such a long wait.. Ugh.. I guess there's this and a 20th playthrough of Mechcommander 2 to tide me over.

(Just in case anyone else needs a non-PGI Battletech fix, Mechcommander 2: Omnitech is totally free and the modders are still working on it! http://www.moddb.com...mander-omnitech )

Posted Image

#12 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:31 AM

Looks great. Love the cooperation with the models.

#13 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,576 posts
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

Dang, very nice for how early it is.

#14 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:44 AM

Looks great. The Leopard dropship never looked so good. Everything else to.

#15 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 04 August 2016 - 01:08 AM, said:

Kind of reminded me of my first ever tabletop Battletech game.. I crested a ridge in a Hatchetman and took a gauss shot right to the cockpit from a Rifleman. (It later turned out that the guy had weighted dice and we banned him from our games, forever.)

I'm extremely pleased to learn that Battletech has a future.. because this game has taken a nosedive since April.

The middle of next year is going to be such a long wait.. Ugh.. I guess there's this and a 20th playthrough of Mechcommander 2 to tide me over.

(Just in case anyone else needs a non-PGI Battletech fix, Mechcommander 2: Omnitech is totally free and the modders are still working on it! http://www.moddb.com...mander-omnitech )

Posted Image

How does it work? Just download the files you want? Or did you have to do some tuning etc? :o

#16 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:27 AM

While i most certainly will pick this game up eventually, I am really unsure about the whole turn based aspect. Yes i know TT is turn based, and honestly i do like turn-based games for the most part, Wasteland 2 is great but that is more about how i like the story and skill uses, verse really enjoying the combat. Omerta is another turn-based game that is decent, but combat is a bit lacking IMO, it is sorta basic turn-based combat. I really enjoy Civ V, But i think CKII's real time+ pause has taken over as my favorite world dom/strat game, and i think partly because of the RT aspect, on top of just being a deeper game..

But having played mech warrior, i really do like the Real-time/pause styles better. Games like Mech warrior, Baldur's gate, dragon age, mass effect ect.. you can pause at any time to give orders if things get to hectic, Baldur's gate for example you can set the game play speed as well, so you can have a much slower combat than the default speed, if you like to play more in real time, OR a game like Freedom Force where you can set options for pause to make it full pause, or 1/8 speed, 1/4 speed 1/2 speed ect.. Makes it much more flexible for the players.

I guess in the end we will see, but i must say i really was hoping for a RT game, over turn-based :( I do see potential though so there is that..

WIll be nice to have both options in a modern game though.. only took about 15+ years to get my mech's on again.. i must say i am happy about that. I think there is room for both!

#17 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:29 AM

That gameplay looks awesomelicious!

"there is no melee in this build it's still buggy"... means there will be melee :)

Can anyone bring some key features that this game will hold? (or just answer my questions)
Pilot leveling/developement (from what they said) is/will be there. That's mentioned in the gameplay when they say keeping your pilot alive is important, etc.

Looting/customizing mechs (at very least) the way we can do it in MWO?
Skill trees?
Coop/Multiplayer?
Modding/Custom Games/Steam Workshop support type?

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:34 AM

View Postlazytopaz, on 04 August 2016 - 02:29 AM, said:

That gameplay looks awesomelicious!

"there is no melee in this build it's still buggy"... means there will be melee Posted Image

Can anyone bring some key features that this game will hold? (or just answer my questions)
Pilot leveling/developement (from what they said) is/will be there. That's mentioned in the gameplay when they say keeping your pilot alive is important, etc.

Looting/customizing mechs (at very least) the way we can do it in MWO?
Skill trees?
Coop/Multiplayer?
Modding/Custom Games/Steam Workshop support type?

These are the funded features that is promised. https://www.kickstar...ech/description

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 04 August 2016 - 02:35 AM.

#19 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:35 AM

View PostRayden Wolf, on 04 August 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

How does it work? Just download the files you want? Or did you have to do some tuning etc? Posted Image

The modded Mechcommander 2 is at http://www.moddb.com...er-omnitech-559 It's an EXE file, so it should be easy to install.

Then download any extra campaigns you want http://www.moddb.com...er=t&category=2 which are also EXE files.

The old, complicated and time consuming way of installing it ended a few years ago. (There used to be some other program that you had to install which required a third program to run.. it's all in EXE files, now.)

#20 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:48 AM

Ah thanks. Had no time to read the entire page now. But ill try at the weekend. When i am done with my Aiur raid :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users