Marauder Iic Pre-Order Is Here!

277 replies to this topic

#241 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:06 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 09 August 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

I thought those were the guys who paid the most?

View PostAramuside, on 10 August 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

Some of us do. Posted Image

But i don't complain about variants as I accept it can't be exact as its a different format.

Sure the lore-lovers pay, and some of them pay the most....but for every lover spending $500 how many are there spending $20 just to get a mech they want?

#242 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

14 light mechs, none on the upcoming
19 Mediums +1 coming
19 Heavy +2 coming
16 Assault +2 coming

*sigh* where is the scout love?

And energy draw I hope it's good. Might let me stop playing striker lights and go back to scouting.

Edited by Jondoeiowa, 10 August 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#243 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

This is just soooooo beautiful! :)

#244 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 10 August 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

19 Mediums +1 coming
19 Heavy +2 coming
16 Assault +2 coming

And energy draw I hope it's good. Might let me stop playing striker lights and go back to scouting.

More likely it just means you'll have less effective "striker" mechs. Not sure on your definition of scouting btw as i call locations and use uav's in my mediums....

#245 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:31 AM

View PostAramuside, on 10 August 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

More likely it just means you'll have less effective "striker" mechs. Not sure on your definition of scouting btw as i call locations and use uav's in my mediums....

Just miss the old days when I could run around in my raven and just do spotting and poking. When my Jenner could go toe to toe with any light and hold it's own. Now if you don't bring a striker mech or a locust hit and run it feels like you are just a flea attacking elephants.

#246 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:49 AM

I would expect they MIGHT do a quartet a bunch of IICs in a row... so assuming they do the rifleman and warhammer as two of them, the phoenix hawk would be an obvious 3rd and the locust or Commando as the 4th (as counterparts to mechs in the game on the Inner Sphere side).

#247 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

So what do you all suppose you will do with the base variant (9 energy hardpoints) if energy draw goes through and you are capped at a 30 damage alpha?

#248 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,626 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 August 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

So what do you all suppose you will do with the base variant (9 energy hardpoints) if energy draw goes through and you are capped at a 30 damage alpha?

I'll give you three words. . . Small. . . Pulse. . . Lasers!

#249 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 August 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

I think pulse lasers will be all the rage, you then break your alphas into 30pt groups and fire them in controled "meta chains"

#250 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 August 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

I would expect they MIGHT do a quartet a bunch of IICs in a row... so assuming they do the rifleman and warhammer as two of them, the phoenix hawk would be an obvious 3rd and the locust or Commando as the 4th (as counterparts to mechs in the game on the Inner Sphere side).

I thought from todays twitters Russ was implying next was IS.

#251 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

Russ has said that the next mech will be IS. On his twitter feed. Can't link because on my phone ☺

#252 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 August 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

only 1 variant of commando IIc on sarna....

And phoenix hawk IIC? I already have my MAD IIC! (still waiting on Warspawn to reply before I say yes to the MWO billing department)
Then again...only the Phoenix Hawk IIC-3 seems to have energy hardpoints....the rest are ballistics or missiles..

View Postpakman61, on 10 August 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Russ has said that the next mech will be IS. On his twitter feed. Can't link because on my phone ☺

Ah damn it...

Edited by Hemholtz, 10 August 2016 - 06:03 PM.

#253 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 08 August 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

Read the TRO maybe ? The first variant mentioned has a 260 rating engine.

So Sarna is completely and utterly wrong?

Where is this Rifleman IIC variant of which you speak?

#254 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 11 August 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

So Sarna is completely and utterly wrong?

Where is this Rifleman IIC variant of which you speak?

It doesn't say explicitly but it says the IIc-2 variant goes 64kph... i am going to go out on a limb and say an xl260 would be the engine to make a 65 tonner go 64kph...

Oh, look, the IIC-8 rifleman runs with a form of xl325 in case they go future hopping... again...

Edited by MovinTarget, 11 August 2016 - 05:41 PM.

#255 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostAramuside, on 10 August 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

Slightly curious about that list as some of those mechs are definitely in TRO's and Field Manuals, e.g. the Fafnir is in TRO 3067 and from memory Field Manual: Lyran Alliance. Looking at the TRO PDF on my tablet 3067 has the Argus, Thanatos, Fafnir, Chimera, Hellspawn, Uziel and Mad Cat MK II. We use Fanpro and FASA stuff in our tournaments so not sure I've ever seen a distinction between those two publishers as to allowed mechs, its usually by era.

Edit: The most usual ban is actually clan or advanced tech!

From memory those TRO's are written AFTER MechWarrior 4.

TRO 3067: 1st of June, 2012 for eg...
however you got me there for the Field Manual Lyran Alliance, that knocks the Fafnir and Hauptmann out of the question...

My comment was t he fact all of those mechs above (minus fafnir and hauptmann now) were NOT canon on release and in some cases for a few years later.... wasn't some of those mechs canonized even after a decade?

My friend also stated it was MW2 or MW3 that had a jagermech JM6-B which I can't find on sarna but it is in the MUL. It's a jager with no ballistics and only LRM's and lasers apparently but I can't say I know it that well to say it's another example...
However MechCommanders Fireant, a distant variant of the flea, is also a MC created mech made up but later canonized.... even with it's joke-ish weapon load out...6 MG's and 3 Flamers... that's a little bit over the top don't you think?... considering 1-2 and at max 4 is enough to handle infantry of those weapons... this has 9 anti infantry weapons....

#256 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:20 PM

TRO:3055, copyright date 1992.

The main variant on the Rifleman IIC was first seen with the Smoke Jaguar Clan, and has since been spotted among the other Clan garrison forces. This variant also serves as an anti-aircraft ;'Mech, but the designers took a far more conservative approach.

By using a larger 260-rated engine, it retains the expected performance envelope of the standard Rifleman and keeps the jump jets, which are not on the Inner Sphere version.

I could go on typing out the variant text info but I think that gets the point across.

#257 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 10 August 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

19 Mediums +1 coming
19 Heavy +2 coming
16 Assault +2 coming

Posted Image
Great, you made the Charger feel sad now!

#258 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:25 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 12 August 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

Posted Image
Great, you made the Charger feel sad now!

Seriously, as if this poor mech didn't feel inferior enough....

#259 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 09 August 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

1) And instead you get decals? You know ,things you can't earn otherwise in game normally? Not sure about you but C-bills is easy to get in game. You get about 100k-200k per match, approximately 10 minutes each match, 6 matches an hour, that's 600k-1,200k C-bills per hour of back to back play. Besides, many people out there already have millions of c-bills, having 0.5% more c-bills then they have now is not as interesting as a decal.

I am not interested in decals to be honest no one can see them, I bought a couple for fun and realised that was not for me, indeed I believe the aesthetics I am prepared to pay for, I would prefer that Camo actually worked properly more than anything else, I play about 5-7 hour a week, and agree with your summary of what you can earn. The advantage of C bill over everything else is that for example when I bought the Phoenix mechs I changed them all of them and had to change most of the engines so the money actually comes in handy such that they are useful to me

2) Not really, they only put the more unique ones there... for eg you can't be telling me the Kodiak 4 and Kodiak 5 were great. Kodiak 4's mostly is an LRM boat, and the Kodiak 5 is unspeakable... Marauder IIC?

IIC-D is hard to 'meta'-up. It can do dual gauss sure, but lower in the arms... and the missile hardpoint isn't anything in the eye of the meta and you have a lower engine cap bellow the optimal for speed, that only leaves ECM and 2 energy hardpoints (1 forced to be 1 slot).
IIC-C 2 ballsitics and 5 energy, sure. I guess you can call that meta... however one of the standards is 3 ballistic 4 energy. Just swap one of your lasers for a heatsink or nother ton of ammo and boom.

they are not the best, just the D being unique and the C being a mirror of the B to be honest.

I am actually interetsed in the IIC-D just because it is unusual, and yes they cripple it with a weak engine (that 6.5M C-bill thing again) I could see it working on some of the more rangy maps such as TD or PH or even now the new FC but that is just me.

3) Sure, let's add a new clan light mech!.... oh wait, there is no clan light mechs available in timeline for omnis and the only battlemech lights are not very popular since the jenner IIC is the most known- and most people do not care of light IIC's

We got the rare Commando IIC, the Locust IIC, and the Urbanmech IIC. AFter that we got the Piranha that has 12 mg's which PGI hates any light that has more then 4 machine guns. (quote: they nerfed MG's heavily because they fear 4-6 MG lights running around screwing assaults over. Unless we want MG's to do 0.001 damage per shot then no piranha)
and the howler: a light mech that's max speed will be the speed of mediums despite being a 20 tonner and it's main role is an LRM boat... as a 20 tonner... sure, 3 x SSRM 4 or 3+x SRM 6 boating could be fun but it's still a slow 20 tonner with no energy weapons besides 2 possible variants with only 1E arm stock...

OK what are you telling me I should not ask for a light or that it does not take much to inform people of what there could be or what here. You kind of say there is enough lights to chose from and yes may a light could be on the cards? or I am being stupid to ask for one?

You do not need to spend 70 dollars. you can spend 20 dollars and get 3 stock mechs and extras still. You get your moneys worth and you can get your basics and masters... even then- 15 dollars extra you get a hero, which 35 dollars of MC normally doesn't have enough to pay for a hero alone-ish (approximately 30 dollars for hero alone with MC, 35 dollars to get hero, 3 stocks, and extras with their own mech bays with pack)... also you didn't need to spend 20 dollars to begin with, it'll be released for c-bills later.. just wait for c-bill release if you are not keen on buying it. Boom... also 20 dollars works with early adopter.. 20 dollars a month isn't that bad. However you do not have to buy every pack out there... Just saying.

Well in game can offer only so much... but problem is, premium time doesn't work well if you got 200+ million c-bills and 20m+ GXP. Heroes do not matter if you do not like that variant/ mech... skins?... well not everyone has billions of mechs and want to skin all of them. If you got only 1 main chassis like a few people then there's no point getting more then 1, 2, or 5 skins on the same mech...
New objectives and stuff will be nice, problem is the vocal majority hate having more objectives then skirmish in MW: O. The other problem is like it takes lots of time and refinement... there are objectives involving large dropships like the union and overlord dropships for quickplay and factionplay respectively but it takes time. A lot of time if you do not want it to be another flavour of skirmish (invasion, counter attack, conquest, assault, domination).

My only problem is that I wish there is more unique packs available... like a pack that's exclusively say skins. like 10 dollars for a skin for all SLDF mech to get a "LosTech" based skin for all mechs in those time period (ie marauder, catapult, locust, battlemaster, etc) as well as a few C-bills, MC, prem time 1 week or so, and then like something like some cockpit items from the whole reseen mechs and Star league. as well as a unique war horn and stuff like that.

Something at 5 dollars that's similar like those cage bar things added to clan mechs that can support them for elementals*, Elemental decal, and some c-bills.
*no elementals in game, basically like the unique geo clan wave mechs in a way

Stuff like that so that people do not have to buy expensive mechs to support the game or mechs in general. Some people can only do so many mechs...
Personally if they release certain packs like this I would be quite happy.

My point was and I'll restate it I believe the change in the rewards is a worry becuase of a couple of things firstly none of the mechs I have ever bought I have used as stock, so given the choice of an extra mech which could be worth anything from 100-220K to a few million C bills does not help say if it is a light so on average the C bills are more valuable to me

I personally prefer to pay for aesthetics so camos, patterns and decals while nice are again a personal taste.
I like the in cockpit stuff since it is what you see and is part of the character of the mech and again that is personal so warhorn in the style of the mech and other stuff seem a reasonable thing to my mind.

In terms of what you say on game play however I agree. the game is too kill and damage orientated, It reduces everything to a meta which is rather boring. Faction play takes to long and the rewards are poor compared to the game play. I love thing like conquest and anything that creates a dynamic game so I love Polar Highland because of the movement to contact as group for example.

I agree to the point that what we should be able to do is not buy mechs to support the game so for example I would play US$100 for a PvE mode and pay some MC to play it even. That would make sense to me I understand the model they are using I think it is simple and easy to understand but it biases the game towards mechs and balance and way from modes and game play in fairness my complaint was not really about the new Mech but the approach which PCGI is taking development and the possibly the limitations of Free2Play in term sof what people would be prepared to pay for.

#260 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

I see decals on other mechs just fine. An obvious good use of a decal is covering the cockpit windows so its less obvious where to aim to blow the headbox. That alone was worth the 180MC unlock to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users