2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#401 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 15 August 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

Yes, but what if those people already qualified for their associated rewards from the 2015 program but bought the new packs that came out before the eligibility period? Creating short windows to obtain pre-order/early adopter bonuses causes this kind of silly nonsense. Had they waited to purchase they get loyalty rewards but they potentially lose pre-order bonuses; if they order early they get pre-order bonuses but they don't get loyalty rewards. Seems like a lose lose type deal to me, and/or poor structuring on your part.

Then they are no different than the people who over-qualified for the 2016 rewards. It happens. There's ONE reward. You don't get it over and over again by repeat buying the qualifier for the reward. Any amount of MC bought (or a steam performance pack) gets the BJ-2 prize. I've bought MC about twenty seperate times now during 2016... I still only get ONE BJ-2. I do not have any problem with that. I've spent MORE USD on MC than I have on mechs this year (well over $650USD). The only time you had a chance for double-mech rewards was the 15 year anniversary PGI reward they did in early 2015 where they offered repeats of the MWO Year 1 rewards from the previous fall of 2014.

Edited by Dee Eight, 15 August 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#402 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 August 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

I've paid five times that since january and I'm fine with the program.

Dude, you have only been around since January... Posted Image

#403 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostOvion, on 15 August 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

I'd reckon at least 50% of the posts here are people disappointed at the system chosen.
That's around 200 in this thread alone.

Most people here posted multiple times and quite a bit number of them didn't read about the time-frame, just the pack and started complaining. I didn't count but in the end, there are maybe 50-100 people who had problems, most of them are dealt with.

You can disagree with PGI about some answers, like the steam pack counting as MC pack, but that's a discussion to have for next year since this year will not change its reward structure in such a massive way.

Generally, I like PGIs way for sticking with their choice. People have to read and understand. There is a reason why we have a standard and collectors pack, while the rest is called Reinforcement and hero add-on.

While I bought MC for nearly 300 Dollar, I would appreciate a bigger reward but in the end, I have to accept their choice.

Because, like you, I didn't bought that product expecting any free Mechs. They are just a really nice way to say thanks.

#404 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 August 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

Then they are no different than the people who over-qualified for the 2016 rewards. It happens. There's ONE reward. You don't get it over and over again by repeat buying the qualifier for the reward. Any amount of MC bought (or a steam performance pack) gets the BJ-2 prize. I've bought MC about twenty seperate times now during 2016... I still only get ONE BJ-2. I do not have any problem with that. I've spent MORE USD on MC than I have on mechs this year (well over $650USD). The only time you had a chance for double-mech rewards was the 15 year anniversary PGI reward they did in early 2015 where they offered repeats of the MWO Year 1 rewards from the previous fall of 2014.

Haha, well, that makes me feel slightly better about the obscene amount of money I've spent on this game so far... and am likely to spend in the next month to qualify for those loyalty mechs! I WILL get that Stalker, and I'll probably get those Summoners... I really dig the color scheme on the mechs I already qualify for the Cataphract 3L, which is a mech I have been waiting for since Wave III when MASC got introduced!

I do wish that Basic pack + Hero qualified for the Loyalty program, as that's what I did for most of the recent mech packs, because the (S) variants just didn't tickle me, while the Hero mechs have been outstanding. But, it doesn't bother me much. I was already considering upping my Rifleman pack, because I quite like the 3N, and was planning to up my Cyclops pack once I was no longer poor, which is the case now...

But oh, what pack to buy to flush out with my Kodiak? None of the mechs really appeal to me... I'll wait until the Night Gyr comes out, and see if it has glow effects for laser heatsinks, if it does, that's probably gonna be the winner Posted Image (Yes, I can be petty occasionally)

And, who knows what they might announce next month? Maybe they'll drop the Marauder II?!? :D Actually... that wouldn't help me with the clan pack... hmmm.... Oh! Stone Rhino! >:D

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 15 August 2016 - 03:15 PM.

#405 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 August 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

And, who knows what they might announce next month? Maybe they'll drop the Marauder II?!? Posted Image Actually... that wouldn't help me with the clan pack... hmmm.... Oh! Stone Rhino! >Posted Image

The next mech is IS. I actually need two IS collector packs to get the Stalker. I am going to wait and see what drops September and October. If the next IS mech is as good as Russ thinks it is, I will probably just snag the Collectors pack of that and then wait and see what mech is announced in October. Worst case at that point I upgrade my Cyclops pack to Collectors. No point in getting the collector's pack of the Rifleman, Archer, or Phoenix Hawk, as we already know they suck.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 15 August 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#406 Phleet

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

@Alex

Do gifts count? If I gift a top tier Kodiak pack to a friend, who qualifies for the loyalty reward, me or him?

#407 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 14 August 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

You should wait to see what comes in the next two pre-orders as they'll be announced before the deadline for the loyalty rewards this year. I got the kodiaks, huntsman and night gyrs so I am already getting the summoners. I'm just waiting to see what the I.S. pre-order next month turns out to be. If I like the (S)'s camo, I'll get its collector pack, otherwise I can always get the phoenix hawks now that they've buffed them twice and I DO like the (S)'s camo.

I got the Pixie (S) for the same reason :)

#408 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostPhleet, on 15 August 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

@Alex

Do gifts count? If I gift a top tier Kodiak pack to a friend, who qualifies for the loyalty reward, me or him?

Last year it was the person who redeemed it.

#409 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

broken formatting

So... since I bought the Hero package instead of the useless extra MAD-3R, I don't qualify for anything above the mech pack at all? ;\

Edited by Void Angel, 15 August 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#410 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 15 August 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

So... since I bought the Hero package instead of the useless extra MAD-3R, I don't qualify at all?

Sure you do. But if don't believe me, click the link in in your repost to see what you are eligible for.

#411 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

I can totally understand why some people are upset about the reward system this year. A lot of long time customers don't buy the Collector's packs because they already have enough c-bills and premium time banked so they don't need the extra premium time and C-bill variant for $20. I do hope PGI will take all this feedback and make a better system for next year. Cause as many long time customers have pointed out they may have spent more getting regular packs with add-ons and heroes than those who just got Collector Packs. Of course it is up to PGI to look over their numbers and decide what system to go with.

#412 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 15 August 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

I can totally understand why some people are upset about the reward system this year. A lot of long time customers don't buy the Collector's packs because they already have enough c-bills and premium time banked so they don't need the extra premium time and C-bill variant for $20. I do hope PGI will take all this feedback and make a better system for next year. Cause as many long time customers have pointed out they may have spent more getting regular packs with add-ons and heroes than those who just got Collector Packs. Of course it is up to PGI to look over their numbers and decide what system to go with.

i'm just glad they switched the qualification dates over to per anniversary rather than the calendar year. With the calendar year setup, there were two months where nothing counted towards anything... So they definitely do listen to our feedback.

I think they didn't quite take into account the change in their marketing strategy, and how it would effect the model they've been using in the past. But I don't think it's an entirely unreasonable model in its current form. Heck, I'm planning to upgrade a couple packs to qualify for the Stalker at the very least.

Also, between my last post and this post, I realized I want next month's mech announcement to be the Annihilator :D

#413 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:51 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 August 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

Sure you do. But if don't believe me, click the link in in your repost to see what you are eligible for.

I was unclear - I meant that the Hero packages themselves didn't qualify me for anything, where if I had bought the inferior Collector's Pack, I would have another 'mech coming. It's a bit disappointing.

#414 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

I thought they have only buffed the Phoenix Hawk once? Just the buff from last patch? Unless they are going to for this patch too. Viper needs structure quirks in arm as well. I've gotten the top ultimate packages for every mech since Resistance 1 xD. Even for mechs I'm "meh" about. I've never had to pay for premium time...if you don't count the premium time from collectors edition. I enjoy the hell out of this game despite the faults and getting pretty mad at PGI every so often. In the end it's my choice to spend how much I want. If I get rewarded fine...if I don't I don't.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 15 August 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#415 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

View PostPhleet, on 15 August 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

@Alex

Your friend qualifies for the Helbringer at least, as packs gifted count towards who redeemed it.

#416 Boldar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGlinde

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:39 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 12 August 2016 - 05:39 AM, said:

I don't think PGI is looking to reward time played, but rather money spent, and to try and get folks who did spend to spend a little more. Oh well. In contrast to that:

How are you rewarding any aspect of "loyalty" by rewarding someone who was merely gifted stuff versus rewarding the person spending the money on the gift? I don't understand that.

I think PGi logs the 'bought contents added' event on an account but not the actual purchase of a package.
So they cannot reward the one buying...

Edited by Boldar, 15 August 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#417 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:50 PM

So now I have a slight problem. I want that ECM Stalker but I am one collectors pack short...
Which pack is best value? Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; or the Cyclops?

#418 102_devill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:32 PM

I´ve got both resistance packs but no top tier IS reward for me? Thanks PG, I aint buying **** from you anymore.

#419 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:56 AM

View Postanfadern, on 15 August 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

So now I have a slight problem. I want that ECM Stalker but I am one collectors pack short...
Which pack is best value? Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; or the Cyclops?

Warhammer or possibly Cyclops imo

#420 Siegfried Kircheis

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

I just dropped in to say (or scream) ... THANK YOU, PGI!

There is no stomping like big robot stomping. Paused a few weeks but came back with a vengeance. Just yesterday had one of my alltime fav games:

Conquest, last one of my own team. At least four enemies alive. Running the capping game ... Until a Kodiak emerged before my already beaten up Phoenix Hawk. But the souls of my dead comrades inspired the best in me (or you can say: they hinted me at his already cored torso) - and so my tiny litlle Medium Lasers send the Kodiak to his knees. By now the rest of the enemy had found its way to me. Another inspiration (sixth sense hinting me at almost 700 points for us and maybe 500 for the enemy, with us still having a good income ...). So the Hawk spread his wings, getting ballistic greetings in the back. Until he found a good space to shutdown - i think it was no shame with already close to 710 points on the clock. Now the tension peaked. Would it be enough? Then suddenly a shot in the back: That's it, enemy found me. But no. No more shots! Out of ammo? Just thought i'm already dead? WTF?! Another more seconds: 750! Win! Adrenaline still pumping, but what a feeling! This is what i'm in for.

So thanks PGI for a great experience and those nice giveaways. Really hope that CTF comes with that crazy camo so i can tune in somce equally crazy woodstock stuff, when i'm commanding my 70 tons of fresh steel ... Posted Image

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users