194 replies to this topic

#181 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

View Postinfi, on 11 December 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

It was only very recently that the engine of the game had been 'announced'... again another bit of information that would lend itself to the project being in the very early planning stages rather than in a state at which a release would be forthcoming.

The things that you post give me the feeling that you have not explored all of the dev blogs, twitter posts, articles and dev posts in general.

There is a large difference between something being announced and how long it has actually been in use. I have come to respect the strategic "time release" manner in which the devs have been letting info out. If they simply dump it all on the table, there will be no suspense to build.

You might consider reading through the dev blogs and other material before attempting to hold meaningful discourse. You can learn a great deal.

#182 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

View PostRed Beard, on 11 December 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

Where have you been. Your posts are full of empty assumptions. Most folks have known about this project for two plus years. Goodness, you are so off base.

Sigh...say what you will, but I reserve my good will for those that speak with the correct portions of their anatomy.

Hate and venom? Me thinks you hold on to your sensitivities a bit too tightly. If I were you, I would not venture out your front door. Life gets much more difficult than a forum with people who disagree with you harshly.

The real world is tough, if you can't take a few mean words from a "Forum Tough Guy", than you are in for a bit of a shock kiddo.

Wrong, People knew about the MW 3015 concept 2 years ago, this is not the same concept.
Believe me i deal with people far more difficult and far cleverer than you in my daily life, like i say you don't like topic go visit one of yours, where the game should have as little to do with its history as possible, and no im not wrong about you, you cant debate with people unless your idea of debating is insulting people.

Nobody is asking the devs to dump it all on the table, again a lack of reading comprehension and baseless statements on your part.

Edited by DV^McKenna, 11 December 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#183 infi

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

View PostRed Beard, on 11 December 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

The real world is tough, if you can't take a few mean words from a "Forum Tough Guy", than you are in for a bit of a shock kiddo.

I get that you are here to back your friend but honestly your posts are nothing but offensive and contain little out-with the 'tough words' worth reading (which I find slightly amusing). I would let your friend McHawkeye do your talking for you from now on as at least his posts contain points worth debating.

Also, I hear mech assault is a good game for your type :P :lol:

#184 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

View Postinfi, on 11 December 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

at least his posts contain points worth debating.

And yet here you are...

#185 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

View PostRed Beard, on 11 December 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

And yet here you are...

Oh the irony.

#186 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

View PostDV^McKenna, on 11 December 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Wrong, People knew about the MW 3015 concept 2 years ago, this is not the same concept.
Believe me i deal with people far more difficult and far cleverer than you in my daily life

Same project, different layout. But, I'll give you a golf clap for your attempt.

And, no you don't. You haven't a clue as too how clever or difficult I am, and as a person who very obviously rarely leaves his house, I would guess that you never will.

#187 infi

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

I think the thread has run its course... the only responses now are drivel

Post what you like till the thread gets locked or whatever as Red Beard has made it perfectly clear no debate will happen

#188 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

First off I admit I did not read through all 10 pages of posts but I feel I read enough.

It's also completely fair to ask "Hey where is the in game footage".

Nobody wants to show it to you guys more then me. However I think its obvious we have to make sure that whatever we show the marketplace better look damn good and indicative of our product.

We could probably manage that today, but if i had to guess and this is truly a guess at this point. You will start to see some in game "something" early in the new year/January.

My guess so dont hang me by this rope but I wanted to toss you guys something.

No its not Vaporware I promise.

#189 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

View Postinfi, on 11 December 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

I think the thread has run its course... the only responses now are drivel

I would agree with you.

#190 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 11 December 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

First off I admit I did not read through all 10 pages of posts but I feel I read enough.

Nobody wants to show it to you guys more then me. However I think its obvious we have to make sure that whatever we show the marketplace better look damn good and indicative of our product.

We could probably manage that today, but if i had to guess and this is truly a guess at this point. You will start to see some in game "something" early in the new year/January.

Thank you Mr. Bullock!

If my words have offended YOU, I apologize. I only wish to fight the good fight. I have been with you since the beginning and take great offense to these "vaporware" suggestions.

Thank you for clearing the air.

Edited by Red Beard, 11 December 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#191 infi

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

And just when I'd given up hope!...

Thank you Russ... we wont be posting any more in this thread (for the obvious reasons)..

again, Thanks!

#192 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 11 December 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

Thank you for taking the time Russ, finally the thread got something from someone with the knowledge and not just guess work which was the general aim, its a shame it had to go through the drama with Beardo but *shrug*

#193 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

"In-game" footage is kinda like the gifts at Christmas. Just because you haven't unwrapped them yet doesn't mean there is no celebration.

#194 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

DV^McKenna et al.
Russ has stated his position but I'm going to add to his comments.

I haven't read through this entire post because I honestly don't think I have to. Based on your original post, you've succeeded in dismissing the 3 known entities behind this game so far.

PGI IS actively working on the game, there's no doubt about that.

We DO have a publisher, Infinite Game Publishing, who is not only financially backing the game but are just as passionate about the game as we are.

The guys from CryTek are supporting us directly as a licencee of CryENGINE3.

PGI has stated numerous times that we will NOT release information until it's BETA ready. While we do have assets that are BETA ready, it's not going to make a lot of sense without context so we will not release those assets until it makes sense and gives you the players the holy cow factor we want you to have. No matter what ANYONE says on these forums, we will NOT be "strong armed" (for lack of a better term) into release anything until we feel it's ready.

After reading numerous complaints about this thread, I am locking it down.

#195 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

View PostDV^McKenna, on 11 December 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

its a shame it had to go through the drama with Beardo but *shrug*

Couldn't resist a parting shot, eh?

Classy.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users