This Is What We Have Been Waiting For

26 replies to this topic

#1 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:46 AM

this is great please use it.. i can find nothing wrong !

thank you for your hard work !

#2 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

It's not perfect and while it needs tuning it's one of the best changes to the game in a long time... Actually makes me want to play again

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:51 AM

I agree the change is mostly good

but it slams assault mechs way too hard. assaults are now worse than heavies in every single way and dont even have a firepower advantage anymore.

I do think the energy cap needs to be increased based on weight class

#4 Father Bill

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWherever the Fox needs me

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:03 AM

View PostKhobai, on 19 August 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

but it slams assault mechs way too hard. assaults are now worse than heavies in every single way and dont even have a firepower advantage anymore.

Yes!

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:03 AM

I disagree. Assault mechs bring more tonnage to the table, so they can have many more weapon systems. You'll see multiple PPC's backed by ballistics with batteries of smaller weapons in reserve. Rather than alpha strikes, you'll see staggered fire. It's a change to play style, and one for the better IMO.

#6 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:08 AM

i disagree, too
at one game a 6 ER Large Laser Battlemaster did what he did before... that scared me a bit.. 9 following 3 packed ER Large Lasers.-... that was not so fun.... some quirks should i guess go away either

#7 derFiend

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 19 August 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

Rather than alpha strikes, you'll see staggered fire. It's a change to play style, and one for the better IMO.

Exactly this! It´s a big improvement to stay away from Alphastrikewarrior and move into "over time dmg"

View PostBluefireMW, on 19 August 2016 - 04:08 AM, said:

at one game a 6 ER Large Laser Battlemaster did what he did before...

Thats still ok, cause a ER LL Battlemaster don´t do alphastrikes... he do dmg over time.
If you bring a pressure to him, he is out of any chance. That´s what MWO should be!

#8 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:44 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 19 August 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

I disagree. Assault mechs bring more tonnage to the table, so they can have many more weapon systems. You'll see multiple PPC's backed by ballistics with batteries of smaller weapons in reserve. Rather than alpha strikes, you'll see staggered fire. It's a change to play style, and one for the better IMO.

i dont think any change more than what they have us testing is needed at this point... im so tired of the Alpha strike warriors ... this really was needed and i think its spot on... i agree with you its a well needed change in game play...

#9 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:47 AM

but overall i have to say, after using more mechs... it's better then the present system...

#10 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

View PostGunnyKintaro 01, on 19 August 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

this is great please use it.. i can find nothing wrong !

thank you for your hard work !

It needs some tuning but yes its very solid, and i'd be happy to see it used in next Tuesdays patch as is, and tweaked while live every couple of weeks

I haven't found any need to increase the cap, based on weight size, I found the direstar in testing far more chill than I expected, if a direstar can ever be called chill

#11 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:55 AM

View PostCathy, on 19 August 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

It needs some tuning but yes its very solid, and i'd be happy to see it used in next Tuesdays patch as is, and tweaked while live every couple of weeks

I haven't found any need to increase the cap, based on weight size, I found the direstar in testing far more chill than I expected, if a direstar can ever be called chill

i agree

#12 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:04 AM

It's not perfect, but it's a very good start.
For example it currently allows for higher alphas than before... Posted Image

#13 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:07 AM

View PostYellonet, on 19 August 2016 - 05:04 AM, said:

It's not perfect, but it's a very good start.
For example it currently allows for higher alphas than before... Posted Image

yes, it does.. but not another one. .and another one...

i would prefer less then 30 as setting for the energy

Edited by BluefireMW, 19 August 2016 - 05:08 AM.

#14 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:21 AM

i just ran a Battle master ... 6 ML and a ppc without overheating once... i dont see a problem with this at all... if you cant control your fire under 30 energy i think that falls on you .... i was able to still one shot and fight longer battles ... there is nothing wrong with this new system....

#15 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:31 AM

Hope you aren't waiting for the Easter Bunny. This change is so far away from BattleTech that you may as well scrap the name and start a whole new one. Weight, heat and ammo have always been at the core of the game, not fanciful digression that does little to bolster the system and its players.

Heat scaling works fine, perhaps introducing the heat penalties as in the ttg would be more productive if you really need to hobble game play any further?

#16 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:33 AM

View PostGunnyKintaro 01, on 19 August 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

i just ran a Battle master ... 6 ML and a ppc without overheating once... i dont see a problem with this at all... if you cant control your fire under 30 energy i think that falls on you .... i was able to still one shot and fight longer battles ... there is nothing wrong with this new system....

it's that he was able, too.. not that you can play a different loadout

it is heat quirked like hell so, while he is able to shoot 3 ER Large 3 times in following it's just a bit of about 100 heat.. what shouln't work

#17 Waldwolf634

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:38 AM

This new system work better and more smoothly. There will and must be some adjustment on some weapons (Exemple on test server many Twin PPC & Gaus). But it go in right direction.

#18 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostWaldwolf634, on 19 August 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

This new system work better and more smoothly. There will and must be some adjustment on some weapons (Exemple on test server many Twin PPC & Gaus). But it go in right direction.

i guess that 2 ppc 2 gauss will stay, because that is on tt the same combination, which is good. and now the gauss is back on the easy track... with click and hit.. so it'll be back very sure

#19 LTDominator

• PipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:11 AM

im still waiting for the PTE download but in basic you tell that your damn laser vomit still work but closerange brawl is not possible anymore? need to see that but if thats true im out of MWO for ever. all my 54 mechs are closerange brawler with ac/srm builds mostly with just 270m range. that always was my style to play this game and im still love it, i avoid quickplay as much as possible because that laservomit and sniping ******** and now its the only thing awaylable? are you serious? i dont let me force to play in a way i dont like to play for sure

Edited by LTDominator, 19 August 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#20 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

that srm ac thing isn't away... why should it be... it's not affected...
ok if long range mechs are more effektiv and then small maps are not in game anymore.. then.. perhaps...
but the over quirked inner sphere short range.. is the same as before

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users