54 replies to this topic

#21 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

Posted Image

She's waiting to shine again. Or not.

I feel that 3x LPL is still better in PTS so far because you simply can fire more often. Maybe if PPCs gain more speed then the combo could be noticeably better.

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

So what , you want them to increase PPC energy to 15 and put gauss charge up back?

How long until people realize that there is nothing they can do to stop good builds? You will never get what you want without butchering the game.

#23 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Sounds like another failed attempt. Just like you cannot power a stove and refrigerator through a 500VA UPS, you shouldn't be able to power 2-4 ERPPC and 2 Gauss at once. Even on override.

Glad I read the forums before continuing the download that wasn't finished since I kicked it off 12 hours ago. Figured it should have been done by morning. Nope! Connection issues. Even when monitoring it for the past 4 hours, many connection issues and slow download when it worked. 6GB out of 13GB done and still saying 58 minutes left? Maybe they should put the PTS download on a better circuit than a DSL line. Hell, after I stopped it, I was able to download a 4GB ISO from M$ in less than 10 minutes with no connection issues. So I know it's not my side of the connection.

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 August 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

So what , you want them to increase PPC energy to 15 and put gauss charge up back?

PPC energy to 15 is certainly dumb, but Gauss charge is actually a cool mechanic because it makes the weapon actually stand out from the crowd in the sea of generic MWO weapons.

#25 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Posted Image

#26 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

View PostFupDup, on 19 August 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

PPC energy to 15 is certainly dumb, but Gauss charge is actually a cool mechanic because it makes the weapon actually stand out from the crowd in the sea of generic MWO weapons.

I'm indifferent about gauss charge, they can put it back if they want. PPC energy to 15 is dumb though. Almost as dumb as cERPPCs getting 13.5 energy right now.

#27 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:13 AM

If that happens, my Awesome will cry.

#28 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 19 August 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

If that happens, my Awesome will cry.

It's not crying already? Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 19 August 2016 - 08:14 AM.

#29 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

^^ Mine is

#30 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 August 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

And which mechs did so?

[insert the tell us where on the paper doll did the bad mech touch you meme here]

My Battlemaster with 6 PPCs did it today Posted Image

#31 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:32 AM

Sorry...not sorry.

#32 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

C-ER-PPC energy to 15 is fine if they actually do 15 damage and get rid of the "splash".

#33 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

That is subjectively true. It wasn't a difficult mechanic to use, and being different doesn't necessarily make something good.

#34 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 August 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

That is subjectively true. It wasn't a difficult mechanic to use, and being different doesn't necessarily make something good.

The Gauss wasn't made "good" because of the charge, it was made good because of its combination of no heat, high PPFLD damage, and long range.

The charge up was just a flavor mechanism to add variety and make the Gauss less of a direct upgrade to ACs.

#35 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 19 August 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

The biggest problem won't be fixed with "gauss charge up", or "ghost heat", or "energy draw" or whatever.
Because the biggest problem is the instantaneous, perfect, pin-point convergence.

THAT'S the issue. No amount of bandaids you slap onto it will be enough to fix it.

Keep preaching the same truth we've needed for years.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I completely agree with you and the fact that multiple failures over a large amount of time wasting tons of cash has been PGI's answer instead of "yeah, maybe we could test that" is highly demotivating.

#36 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostFupDup, on 19 August 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

The Gauss wasn't made "good" because of the charge, it was made good because of its combination of no heat, high PPFLD damage, and long range.

The charge up was just a flavor mechanism to add variety and make the Gauss less of a direct upgrade to ACs.

That isn't what I said. What I said is being different doesn't necessarily make something good(as in feel good etc.). The mechanic is only cool if you like it for making Gauss stand out, but others are not going to agree with that assessment.

#37 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 August 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

That isn't what I said. What I said is being different doesn't necessarily make something good(as in feel good etc.). The mechanic is only cool if you like it for making Gauss stand out, but others are not going to agree with that assessment.

The Gauss charging did feel good to use. It made the weapon rewarding by virtue of the higher skill floor and ceiling involved.

The majority of the complaints about it are from people who somehow can't manage to make it work (not directly accusing you, but a whole lot of forum goers are certainly guilty of it).

#38 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 August 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

yep, which is what it should be used for.

too bad new minimap didn't get the same treatment.

But the. again not as big as this so *shrugs*.

There is one.

Induce a smaller magnitude of the MASC shake reticule when firing a bunch of pinpoint weapons such as so.

There, there's your ugly band aid. Not that I like it or anything.

All of the weapons are fired at the same time, so the first shot of them all would be on target anyway. The shake would only do good if the problem was firing them in sequence, but its not.

#39 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostDjPush, on 19 August 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

Didn't take long for the community to find and exploit the new system on the PTS. 3 PPC ballistic/gauss builds were one shoting mechs left and right last night.

No gauss charge up = Bad idea

This can't be true... that's impossible... nobody could have predicted th- oh wait we all did as soon as we saw the PTS details.

#40 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 19 August 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

All of the weapons are fired at the same time, so the first shot of them all would be on target anyway. The shake would only do good if the problem was firing them in sequence, but its not.

Redicule shake as in when fired the shot does not go where your reticle is. it'd go a little left or a little lower than usual is what I was talking about.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users