Patch Notes - 1.4.81 - 23-Aug-2016

134 replies to this topic

#121 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

Turns out you can edit drop decks in lobby. You gotta go to the social tab and then hit the little pencil. Taking back my earlier complaint.

Edited by Donnerkeil666, 24 August 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#122 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:20 AM

View PostDredger, on 21 August 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

So the community suspicion was correct. Why wasn't this weighted reward system disclosed at the very beginning, or at least when players started making threads about their concerns?

Why does this seem like yet another feature that was intentionally designed to sucker players into buying MC? Not exactly inspiring confidence in the integrity of your business model...

So here's where I think PGI doesn't understand why people are upset. We have been presented 8 possible prizes, yet Rare are half the prizes shown. This is close to how collectible trading card games distribute rarity in their booster packs.

We have:
1 Ultra Rare, 4 Rares, 1 Uncommon, 2 Commons.(commons are total crap, uncommons are OK)

We should see:
1 Ultra Rare, 2 Rares, 2 Uncommon, 3 Commons (commons can still be total crap but make some of them OK by moving uncommon single weapons to common so more of them are OK and worth more, and more chances to win one)

*Hint, Commons should be the most common options in the cache, and down the line to represent actual rarity/presentation, anything else is a Slot machine, w/ every single icon on all three wheels a cherry, except on one wheel in one slot is an X, and you land on that X every time so you never win.

Move cERPPC (high Cbill reselling single weapons/equipment) from Uncommon to Common.

Move the XL Engine and the 2x UAC5 (higher resale in Million+ potentially Cbills engines/equipment/modules that sell for 1.5mil/multiple weapons/ 1 day premium time) from Rare to Uncommon.

Leave Modules that sell for 2m or 3m Cbills as Rare, along with MC items like mechbays, MC payouts, 3 days Premium time)

Ultra Rare can be 7 days Premium time, blocks of 1000 and 5000mc and mechs. These prizes are the jackpots.

Balanced and fair prize pool where the options shown reflect rarity. Rare should be MC items, Uncommons should be higher value Cbill items, and leave the Mechs/Big MC payouts/7 day blocks of Premium time as the Ultra rare Jackpot type prizes.

The way players can see potential value is the approximate winnings potential they earned with their prize. Winning a cache should be like winning up to a 250k ish Cbill payout from winning a match. Uncommon should be like winning 4 250k payout matches, and the Rare and Ultra stuff should be prizes behind the MC paywall.

Winning a supply cache should be a big deal.

Edited by AlphaToaster, 24 August 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#123 Brian ODie63

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 8 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCanton Mich. USA

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:23 AM

On Aug.17 2016 , I Brian Odoherty purchased a Cyclops hero add on, ,did not recieve it with the patch ?

#124 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

View PostBrian Odoherty, on 24 August 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

On Aug.17 2016 , I Brian Odoherty purchased a Cyclops hero add on, ,did not recieve it with the patch ?

send to support

#125 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

Again PGI mess up the mini map, darn its so hard to read on some maps, and very happy I canceled that Cyclops pre-order. That tacticom thing doesn't do very much after all, as i already wrote a few months back a shared BAP and that's it.

oh well, at the least for the moment I got my Mecha shooting itch that can be scratched.

Im looking forward to that Heavy Gear Assault shooter more and more, hecK it has PVE !!

#126 Dimitry Matveyev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:16 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 August 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Centurion (all variants): Can now equip all Inner Sphere Faction Camo Patterns.

Meh, not for all variants. Those "special" one - white with a lady, can equip no cammo patern. Why? Dumb situation...

#127 Anubis Ka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:45 PM

Please leave the mini-map as it was. No need to keep making it worst.
Whoever does Quality Assurance should get talk.
So should the guy authorizing messing with the darn thing.

#128 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:29 PM

Quality means doing it right, when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

#129 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

I'm experiences a lot of crashes now, when launching FW matches.

#130 Freebrewer Bmore

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, USA

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

Posted Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

http://mwomercs.com/...ata-please-fix/

Also, yeah... Y U un-fix minimap?!

#131 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

I'm getting DCed almost every match since the patch. Never had a DC problem before.

#132 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:37 AM

If you don't have anything nice to say... you must be commenting on the internet. Overall, I think this was a good patch. The changes to Crimson Strait alone make it less of a groan-worthy event when it gets 80% of the votes. Maybe a Time of Day update to HPG is coming soon? Give me pitch-black, with the need to rely on the short-range of the Night/Heat vision! Also, bring back the heavy fog to the Bog!

Speaking as someone who IS color-blind, I do agree that that mini-map needs more contrast. As does various other HUD elements. This is the sort of thing that can be handled between major patches, as it would just need a toggle in the settings menu and a color palette to start with. Eventually, you might take a look at how Planetside 2 does it. That particular game allows for the player to customize all those colors. Has been quite nice. If only Ps2 wasn't such a Pay 2 Win.

The Cyclops... I've been waiting on this one. I'm not much of an Assault pilot, so the thinner armor isn't that big of a deal. Just upgrading to Endo-Steel allows for the addition of plenty of armor/ammo to get this beast in shape for the battlefield. The cockpit layout is very nice - played a couple rounds with all my HUD elements turned off just to enjoy the view.

I did notice, that while you added Kell Hounds, still no Gray Death Legion? I also think perhaps some of these could be used as unlocks for the rank system. Reach "Sergeant" and get a faction emblem or something along those lines.

Keep up the good work PGI!

#133 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

1.4.65 - 19-APR-2016
• Stalker (all variants): Fixed an issue where Warhorns would cover the Weapon Door indicator light.

1.4.81 - 23-Aug-2016
• Stalker (all variants): Moved the Warhorn to a more visible area.

Just wanted to point out that the latest "fix" effectively unfixed the real fix from april that helped stalkers see their bay door indicators again (after what seemed like an eternity). Someone must really love their warhorn re&re&re&re-placement job Posted Image

#134 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

Hey - Drop Decks for Communtiy Warfare !

But 4 years to late. I dont need them, because I dont play CW and more !

But good anyway. We finally got it before 2017.
Fantastic job PGI.

#135 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Besides the Night Gyr, I'm looking forward to the shape decals. I'm hoping with a couple triangles and circles and I draw a bird face on the front of my Night Gyr like this:

Posted Image

Okay, maybe not as detailed, but I'm going for a beak and two eyes.

Edited by TELEFORCE, 17 September 2016 - 03:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users