2 replies to this topic

#1 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

Its pretty good. A much better solution than Ghost Heat. Lowering the ratio of damage to draw for spread weapons was a good idea, and it's all much more visible and understandable.

I'd like to propose a rename (Firing Computer Load), but that's inconsequential in the long run.

All in all it accomplishes the job of replacing Ghost Heat but doesn't curb alphas that much nor lower time to kill.

This is easily fixable though, just a few numbers tweaks will put it just right.
I suggest TWO of the following:

A. Slow down the regeneration of the Energy Draw bar (halve the speed it fills currently, then iterate)
B. Lower the cap (25 as a start, then iterate)
C. Increase the extra heat generated from going over the cap (1:1 at least, then iterate)

I'd prefer A and C myself, but the options are there. You could also tweak the numbers of specific weapons (gauss, PPC, etc) but then much of the elegance is lost, so I vote we avoid that.

Thanks for listening.

#2 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Personally I'm not concerned about alphas or TTK, as I've never felt those were a problem. Noone who fights another mech one-on-one ever complains that mechs are too easy to kill. There's a line at which ED will cease to work as a system, and that line is right about the point where your enforced firing delay exceeds the cooldown of all your weapons. You can't tune the system with much more interference than it has now without seeing some serious backlash.

#3 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

Wholeheartedly agreed, OP.

Check out Kanajashi's spreadsheet — just plop it into your own Google Sheets and go to town. It's a great look into how everything works. For example, due the length of most cooldowns, regeneration needs to drop below 10/s to make any difference, but some of the results you get are pretty interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users