102 replies to this topic

#81 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 August 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

You can do that right now (in a small 270m radius). is that a serious meta build right now? no

With ghost heat, you get 11.5 excess heat for firing both AC20s, which is manageable. Funny thing is that you can do it 2 times in a row without shutting down.

With the new system, you alpha once and you are left without one of your auto cannons for twice the duration of an AC20 recycle time.

besides, energy pool and ammo capacity can very well vary among mechs. (something that PGI is considering right now.)

If we stick to the current 20 energy regen per sec and 30 point limit on the energy bar it's too powerfull as FannyBoss described with his 2x AC20 and 6x ML Mauler.

We should talk about how much firepower the energy and ammo bar can take before they overload.
How much they regenerate per second is also important.

May i suggest a bigger penalty for trying to force too much ammo through the ammo feeds? I'm just tossing some numbers out.
A jam that takes maybe 2 secs to clear up per point of damage that you go above the ammo feed limit perhaps.
That means that Mauler FannyBoss described would have it's ammo feeds jammed for 20 secs if the ammo feed bar had a 30 limit.
We need to discuss what the penalty would be for overloading the energy bar too.

I know what i suggest is a harsh penalty but we have to start somewhere.

#82 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

id like to think that every weapon type has its own mechanic to help reduce boating, but in a different way that matches the weapon technology.

energy gets ghost heat (single gh group).
ballistics get recoil (effects accuracy).
missiles overload the guidance systems (effects precision, aka spread).

effects are based on damage and time. a lot of damage in a small amount of time results in higher penalties. spread damage out over time and get lower or no penalties. the energy draw system does this but globally across all weapons. thats kind of a mistake imho. pgi wants a silver bullet to solve all their problems. least amount of effort most effect. pgi spends a lot of time chasing silver bullets, but often it means more work in the long run and a lot of unhappy customers.

energy draw is on the right track, but id have a bar for every hardpoint type. energy would have the power draw system, in its current form. overrun your bar, and your reactor has to work harder, beyond its limits to keep up, and you get heat penalties. keep the bar at 30 but make it take 5 seconds to fully replenish from empty (plus additional time if you go negative). about 6 points per second recharge rate.

a second bar would be guidence computer load, it works the same way as energy draw, put a lot of missiles in the air and the computer will get overloaded and your missiles start to wander. you get a bigger spread. you can guide up to 30 lrms or 14 srms simultaneously without penalty. above that you get ghost spread (though you are shown that this will happen). this can also be used to make the big launchers useful again. you can tighten their spreads, but you wouldn't be able to fire 2 lrm20s simultaneously without overloading the guidance computer and making them as bad as they are now.

recoil probibly wouldn't be represented by a bar (though it would still technically have one, but it need not be displayed to the player), but by other effects, such as crosshair jitter (like what you get when using jump jets), projectile deflection, screen shake, and physical damage to your structure, in order of least severe to most. like energy draw it would be based on damage and time, such that both excessive dps and excessive alpha are penalized. every time you fire your weapon damage is added to the bar, and the bar decays by about 10 per second (you want to keep this bar empty). the bar would be segmented, 0-25 is the safe zone, no effects. above 25 the crosshair starts to shake. if you fire during this shake, your shots can deflect (bar value - 25 degrees). over 35 and you get severe screen shake that lasts until the bar returns to below 35. over 40 and you start to take structural damage to the locations where the weapons are installed (which can potentially kill you if you have something important in that section). also if you fire alphas over 25, your torso and arm actuators deflect (left, right or up depending on weapon layout) and will require re positioning before your next shot, this however does not cause deflection on the shot that caused it.

the 3 systems can be tweaked independently of each other. mixed builds would not make any of the bars go very far into the red and thus can circumvent most of the penalties. it will be neccisary to tweak the thresholds so that mixed builds dont become the new meta. they should have their own drawbacks, like interplay of the 3 systems. deflections would apply to all weapons for example, and an overloaded guidance computer might take some power off the energy bar, and of course all systems still have their heat.

#83 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 August 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Lot's of stuff.

This makes sense. I could go for both your idea and Navid's. I'd be satisfied either way.
You should make your own feedback thread with this if you haven't allready.

If mechs got sluggish during high heat it would be hard to keep an eye on 4 bars. Heat, Recoil, Energy and Guidance Computer load.
But you know what? So what if things got a bit harder? I'd love it.

This is just an example. Thanks to IaIdabaoth for providing the numbers.
- Speed, acceleration/deceleration, turning, arm, and twist speed are reduced linearly starting at 30% heat, as follows:

30% heat: 100% speed
40% heat: 95% speed
50% heat: 90% speed
60% heat: 85% speed
70% heat: 80% speed
80% heat: 75% speed
90% heat: 70% speed
100% heat: 65% speed
- At 90% heat, you behave as if you were inside an enemy ECM bubble.
- at 100% and higher heat, in additional to CT internal structure damage, there's an increasing % chance of an ammunition explosion for non-Gauss ammo.

View PostLordNothing, on 20 August 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

the 3 systems can be tweaked independently of each other. mixed builds would not make any of the bars go very far into the red and thus can circumvent most of the penalties. it will be neccisary to tweak the thresholds so that mixed builds dont become the new meta. they should have their own drawbacks, like interplay of the 3 systems. deflections would apply to all weapons for example, and an overloaded guidance computer might take some power off the energy bar, and of course all systems still have their heat.

I can see that a guidance computer getting an overload could produce heat and/or use more energy.
Recoil could overload the gyro which also causes heat and/or make it use more energy.
Too high heat for too long and you got ammo cook off.

#84 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:40 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 August 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

The main idea is to make balanced and mixed builds effective compared on boating on just one weapon type.

In this suggestion, the mech is considered to have an ammo loading system that can reload different ammo based weapons, depending on their round type and size.

Example:
  • Example: Reloading a large AC round takes up a lot more reloading capacity than 2 or 3 smaller ACs (just rough numbers)
  • Putting pressure on the loading mechanism (going over the reload capacity can slow down the reload process of all your ammo based weapons or make them reload in sequence (by putting them in a reload queue)
A separate ammo reload "pool" with appropriate, and severe enough penalties for each, encourages using different weapons in a complementary fashion instead of trying to find the coolest and fastest 30dmg alpha.

This is something that I think will improve upon the current system.
I may have overlooked something and would welcome any discussion.

so, What do you think?
will it work?

it will screw over mechs without (enough) energy hardpoints...

example a archer 5W 9 missile hardpoints no energy... now you canput 9 srm2's in and have a prety good build, but your system would make the mech useless

Edited by L3mming2, 21 August 2016 - 12:43 AM.

#85 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 August 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:

This makes sense. I could go for both your idea and Navid's. I'd be satisfied either way.
You should make your own feedback thread with this if you haven't allready.

If mechs got sluggish during high heat it would be hard to keep an eye on 4 bars. Heat, Recoil, Energy and Guidance Computer load.
But you know what? So what if things got a bit harder? I'd love it.

This is just an example. Thanks to IaIdabaoth for providing the numbers.
- Speed, acceleration/deceleration, turning, arm, and twist speed are reduced linearly starting at 30% heat, as follows:

- at 100% and higher heat, in additional to CT internal structure damage, there's an increasing % chance of an ammunition explosion for non-Gauss ammo.

i did have a thread on brownouts that hit on this a little bit. if you use all your power, how are you still able to fire weapons without loosing some other systems? so i have nothing against mobility penalties when things get toasty.

though i should probibly cross post my 3 bar idea so it gets a little more attention. it may be completely possible to tweak the charge rate and discharge values on a per weapon basis and get more or less the same thing without a massive rewrite of the whole feature. i really dont think boating should be prevented, but boating and mixed builds need to have their own pros and cons rather than forcing players to abandon a play style.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 August 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#86 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:39 AM

I was in another thread an i had some ideas for how mechs that go hot can be punished further.

This is just an example so shuffle things about as much as you like.

50% heat: 90% speed - Lower sensor range - Longer time to get data on targeted enemy mech - Longer lock on time for missiles.
This gets worse the higher the heat goes.

60% heat: 85% speed - Gyro starts to perform less effectivly. It's less capable of countering recoil and the higher the heat goes the worse it gets. See below for explanation of recoil.

70% heat: 80% speed - BAP's ability to boost sensors is gone. ECM only affects the mech it is mounted on.

80% heat: 75% speed. - Maybe concider slight chance of ammo cook off. Chance increases as heat goes up.
90% heat: 70% speed - At 90% heat, you behave as if you were inside an enemy ECM bubble.

100% heat: 65% speed - at 100% and higher heat, in additional to CT internal structure damage.
- Very high chance of an ammunition explosion for non-Gauss ammo.

Should the mech be even more sluggish at high heat levels?

View PostL3mming2, on 21 August 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

example a archer 5W 9 missile hardpoints no energy... now you canput 9 srm2's in and have a prety good build, but your system would make the mech useless

There is a way around that but first you must remember one thing - This would affect all mechs all of them would have less instant one click kill potential.

So with the Archer 5W you could keep the stock 280 XL engine and get 3x LRM10 and 2x SRM6.
1980 LRM ammo and 400 SRM ammo. Yeah...that's too much LRM ammo but you get the picture.
Mixing weapon types isn't all that can be done. You can also mix ranges.

#87 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:44 AM

... but then the problem still stands, forcing mixed builds by punniching using same hard points screws over mechs that just dont have divers hardpoints.. and the archer build u suggest... thats just below vindicator lvl of viability... a better way to encourage franken builds in my opinion would be to give 1t of ammo free for every ammo tippe you equip. let me explain,
if i bring a AC20 a SRM6 and a MG i get 1t of ammo for free for AC20 srm's and mg's. if i bring 6 AC2's i get 1 t for ac2's and thats it.

this not only promotes bringing different weapon systems (more free ammo) but helps light and medium ammo dependant mechs wile giving very little benifit to heavy and assault ammo dependand boats.

this system promotes francken builds wile not screwing over mechs that cant realy help but boat like the archer 5W..

ps this system douse make AMS a bit OP do as a 0.5t ams would come with a free ton of ammo..

Edited by L3mming2, 21 August 2016 - 02:49 AM.

#88 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:37 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 21 August 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:

... but then the problem still stands, forcing mixed builds by punniching using same hard points screws over mechs that just dont have divers hardpoints.. and the archer build u suggest... thats just below vindicator lvl of viability... a better way to encourage franken builds in my opinion would be to give 1t of ammo free for every ammo tippe you equip. let me explain,
if i bring a AC20 a SRM6 and a MG i get 1t of ammo for free for AC20 srm's and mg's. if i bring 6 AC2's i get 1 t for ac2's and thats it.

Below Vindicator level of viability. You're talking to a guy who's favorite medium mech is....the Vindicator. I'm for real.
I'm all about francken mechs. Kit Fox with ER PPC or LPL, ERML, ERSL, 4MG's and JJ,ECM.
I change that build in all kinds of ways but it's always a missmass of whatever i want. I don't give a rat's arse about quirks...In any case...onwards.

You might be onto something when it comes to the free tonn of ammo and that 6x AC2 example got me grinning.
It's a step forward but is it enough? Quirks is of course an option but is there anything else?

#89 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 August 2016 - 03:37 AM, said:

Below Vindicator level of viability. You're talking to a guy who's favorite medium mech is....the Vindicator. I'm for real.
I'm all about francken mechs. Kit Fox with ER PPC or LPL, ERML, ERSL, 4MG's and JJ,ECM.
I change that build in all kinds of ways but it's always a missmass of whatever i want. I don't give a rat's arse about quirks...In any case...onwards.

You might be onto something when it comes to the free tonn of ammo and that 6x AC2 example got me grinning.
It's a step forward but is it enough? Quirks is of course an option but is there anything else?

lol then espesialy for you, think how this build would fare with the new rule :P

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1a86c9898c9fa5e

#90 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:12 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 21 August 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

lol then espesialy for you, think how this build would fare with the new rule Posted Image

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1a86c9898c9fa5e

Id iz nuts....i's likes id. Id's got all da shinies an' lot's uf gubbinz. But where iz da spiny an' choppy bits?
I's wantz me chainaz.

Gonna borrow your idea for a thread LordNothing made.

#91 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:14 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 August 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

Id iz nuts....i's likes id. Id's got all da shinies an' lot's uf gubbinz. But where iz da spiny an' choppy bits?
I's wantz me chainaz.

Gonna borrow your idea for a thread LordNothing made.

:) be my guest

#92 FannyBoss

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 August 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

You can do that right now (in a small 270m radius). is that a serious meta build right now? no

You can do it for 80% heat. Which is fine IMO, but your idea has it so there would be no heat penalty just an increased cooldown time. No bueno.

#93 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 21 August 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

well, lets do it like this:

Lets say that each mech have 25 reload capacity and 25 energy pool as base values

Now, for each mech you offset the pools based the percentage of E and B/M hardpoints out of the whole number of hardpoints with CT and head mounted hardpoints counted as 0.5.
Each pool will have a minimum of 0 and a max capped at 40.

Some examples:
Atlas-S (3* E - 1B - 4M):
37.5% energy = 18.8 energy pool
62.5 Ammo based = 31.2 reload capacity

KDK-3 (4B - 4E):
50% energy = 25 energy pool
50% ammo based = 25 reload capacity

KGC-000 (2E - 2M - 6B)
20% energy = 10 energy pool
80% ammo based = 40 reload capacity

BNC-3M (All E)
100% energy = 40 energy pool
0% ammo based = 0 reload capacity

MAL-2P (6E - 2B - 2M)
60% energy = 30 energy pool
40% ammo based = 20 reload cap.

Now we get to the weapons:
Here is what I'm thinking:

Lasers should require an energy requirement equal to = damage + (1 - duration) x 2
Which leads to:
ER LL = 8.5 ---- LL = 9 ---- ML = 5.2 ---- SL = 3.5
LPL = 11.6 ---- MPL = 6.8 ---- SPL = 5
C-ERLL = 10 ---- C-ERML = 6.7 ---- C-ERSL = 5
C-LPL = 12.8 ---- C-MPL = 8.3 ---- C-SPL = 6.5
(remember, these are energy values... not heat)

PPCs energy (based on damage):
PPC = 10, ERPPC = 10
C-ERPPC= 13.5

ACs reload cap requirement (damage, offset approximated by number of shells and spread):
AC20 = 20 ---- AC10 = 10 ---- AC5 = 5 ---- AC2 = 2 ---- UAC5 = 7 ---- LBX10 = 8
C-UAC = 18 ---- C-UAC10 = 9 ---- C-UAC5 = 6 ---- C-UAC2 = 2
C-LBX20 = 17 ---- C-LBX10 = 8 ---- C-LBX5 = 5 ---- C-LBX2 = 2
(C-AC same as LBX)

Gauss:
IS gauss = 10 energy and 15 reload
C-Gauss = 12 energy and 15 reload

Missiles reload cap required:
IS-SSRM2 = 2
LRM20 = 10 ---- LRM15 = 7 ---- LRM10 = 5 ---- LRM5 = 3
(Clan versions are the same)
SRM6 = 6 ---- SRM4 = 4 ---- SRM2 = 2
C-SRM6 = 7 ---- C-SRM4 = 5 ---- C-SRM2 = 3
C-SSRM6 = 8 ---- C-SSRM4 = 6 ---- C-SSRM2 = 3

Penalties:
Going over the energy cap with result in heat for every energy unit over 100%
Example1: Firing 2 PPCs with a 10 mech energy pool will result in 29 heat. 19 from both PPCs and 10 from the penalty of going over the heat cap.
Going over double the heat cap results in double penalty.
Example2: Firing 3 PPCs with a 10 mech energy pool results in 58.5 heat. 28.5 from the weapon heat and 30 from overall penalties.

Going over the reload capacity slows down the reload speed of all your ammo based weapons according to how much you exceeded the reload capacity
Example1: Firing 2 AC20s in a mech with 30 ammo reload cap results in 50% more cooldown for all ammo based weapons on your mech.
Example2: Firing 1 AC20 with 4 SRM6s on an Atlas-S will result in 40% longer cooldown for all ammo based weapons.

Gauss example:
KDK-3 with 2 gauss and 2 PPCs:
Alpha strike means that you get 20% more cooldown on both of your gauss rifles and you'll get 50 heat (28 from ERPPCs and 22 penalty for going over energy cap of 25)

MAL-2P example:
Firing 2 AC20s and 6MLs will result in 100% more cooldown on both AC20s and very small heat penalty of 1.2.

These numbers are just from on top of my head... there may be some serious loop holes

Edited by Navid A1, 21 August 2016 - 06:21 AM.

#94 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 21 August 2016 - 05:55 AM, said:

well, lets do it like this:

Lets say that each mech have 25 reload capacity and 25 energy pool as base values

Now, for each mech you offset the pools based the percentage of E and B/M hardpoints out of the whole number of hardpoints with CT and head mounted hardpoints counted as 0.5.
Each pool will have a minimum of 0 and a max capped at 40.

Some examples:
Atlas-S (3* E - 1B - 4M):
37.5% energy = 18.8 energy pool
62.5 Ammo based = 31.2 reload capacity

KDK-3 (4B - 4E):
50% energy = 25 energy pool
50% ammo based = 25 reload capacity

KGC-000 (2E - 2M - 6B)
20% energy = 10 energy pool
80% ammo based = 40 reload capacity

BNC-3M (All E)
100% energy = 40 energy pool
0% ammo based = 0 reload capacity

MAL-2P (6E - 2B - 2M)
60% energy = 30 energy pool
40% ammo based = 20 reload cap.

Now we get to the weapons:
Here is what I'm thinking:

Lasers should require an energy requirement equal to = damage + (1 - duration) x 2
Which leads to:
ER LL = 8.5 ---- LL = 9 ---- ML = 5.2 ---- SL = 3.5
LPL = 11.6 ---- MPL = 6.8 ---- SPL = 5
C-ERLL = 10 ---- C-ERML = 6.7 ---- C-ERSL = 5
C-LPL = 12.8 ---- C-MPL = 8.3 ---- C-SPL = 6.5
(remember, these are energy values... not heat)

PPCs energy (based on damage):
PPC = 10, ERPPC = 10
C-ERPPC= 13.5

ACs reload cap requirement (damage, offset approximated by number of shells and spread):
AC20 = 20 ---- AC10 = 10 ---- AC5 = 5 ---- AC2 = 2 ---- UAC5 = 7 ---- LBX10 = 8
C-UAC = 18 ---- C-UAC10 = 9 ---- C-UAC5 = 6 ---- C-UAC2 = 2
C-LBX20 = 17 ---- C-LBX10 = 8 ---- C-LBX5 = 5 ---- C-LBX2 = 2
(C-AC same as LBX)

Gauss:
IS gauss = 10 energy and 15 reload
C-Gauss = 12 energy and 15 reload

Missiles reload cap required:
IS-SSRM2 = 2
LRM20 = 10 ---- LRM15 = 7 ---- LRM10 = 5 ---- LRM5 = 3
(Clan versions are the same)
SRM6 = 3 ---- SRM4 = 2 ---- SRM2 = 1
C-SRM6 = 4 ---- C-SRM4 = 3 ---- C-SRM2 = 2
C-SSRM6 = 6 ---- C-SSRM4 = 4 ---- C-SSRM2 = 2

Penalties:
Going over the energy cap with result in heat for every energy unit over 100%
Example1: Firing 2 PPCs with a 10 mech energy pool will result in 29 heat. 19 from both PPCs and 10 from the penalty of going over the heat cap.
Going over double the heat cap results in double penalty.
Example2: Firing 3 PPCs with a 10 mech energy pool results in 58.5 heat. 28.5 from the weapon heat and 30 from overall penalties.

Going over the reload capacity slows down the reload speed of all your ammo based weapons according to how much you exceeded the reload capacity
Example1: Firing 2 AC20s in a mech with 30 ammo reload cap results in 50% more cooldown for all ammo based weapons on your mech.
Example2: Firing 1 AC20 with 4 SRM6s on an Atlas-S will result in very small penalty (main reason is low reload cap for SRMs)

Gauss example:
KDK-3 with 2 gauss and 2 PPCs:
Alpha strike means that you get 20% more cooldown on both of your gauss rifles and you'll get 50 heat (28 from ERPPCs and 22 penalty for going over energy cap of 25)

MAL-2P example:
Firing 2 AC20s and 6MLs will result in 100% more cooldown on both AC20s and very small heat penalty of 1.2.

These numbers are just from on top of my head... there may be some serious loop holes

so unless i get this wrong, archer 5W 9 missile hardpoints, 100% missile based ==> 50 missile energy pool

is srm 6 draws 3 .... so it can fire 16.666 srm6's at once? ore as it can only take 9 a 116.1 damage alpha without penalty..

yes you might say "he picked the one mech that cheats the system" but no, omnis can pick the hardpoints they want so they have the max cap for the weapongroop they want.. so prepare for the 50+ damage penalty free laser alphas...

#95 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:18 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 21 August 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

so unless i get this wrong, archer 5W 9 missile hardpoints, 100% missile based ==> 50 missile energy pool

is srm 6 draws 3 .... so it can fire 16.666 srm6's at once? ore as it can only take 9 a 116.1 damage alpha without penalty..

yes you might say "he picked the one mech that cheats the system" but no, omnis can pick the hardpoints they want so they have the max cap for the weapongroop they want.. so prepare for the 50+ damage penalty free laser alphas...

40 is cap for both pools.

Yes. that is loop holes i'm talking about witch can be fixed by doubling SRM draws (those were just some initial values)

Doubling SRM draws means that firing more than 6 SRM6s on a pure ammo based mech will result in longer cool down.

Edited by Navid A1, 21 August 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#96 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 21 August 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

The clan mechs capable of getting all energy alpha's by swapping body parts might be penalised another way.
How about if you have a stock Nova A but you swap one of the arms for a prime?
You get a penalty for to the energy pool when you do that swap. Question is how big a penalty?

Navid and yourself is waaay better than me at math so i'll run away before you ask me to figure it out. I hate math in all forms.

#97 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 August 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

The clan mechs capable of getting all energy alpha's by swapping body parts might be penalised another way.
How about if you have a stock Nova A but you swap one of the arms for a prime?
You get a penalty for to the energy pool when you do that swap. Question is how big a penalty?

Navid and yourself is waaay better than me at math so i'll run away before you ask me to figure it out. I hate math in all forms.

Well with different omni hardpoints, energy pool and ammo cap changes.

It all comes down to penalties and what PGI can do with their coding ability

#98 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:35 PM

Have a look at this video (from before energy draw PTS)... It is amazing how close the concepts are to what is being suggested here (recoil instead of ammo reload)

I hope PGI at least spen a minute and read what is suggeste as Russ says that they are reading all feedback

#99 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Too many thresholds but too light on the penalties. And the change in reduction of the movement penalty would have a cooldown period, to allow myomer bundles time to gain back their efficiency/reaction time.

40% >= 15% penalty for movement/agility
60% >= 25% penalty ""
80% >= 35% penalty ""

Or
50% >= 15% penalty
75% >= 25% penalty
90% >= 35% penalty
100% shutdown, / override 100% leads to possible ammo explosions (non-GR).

And whatever eye candy that needs to be added.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 August 2016 - 08:58 PM.

#100 lkraider

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:37 PM

Don't care for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users