Domination Tweak

1 reply to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:36 PM

So far, with my experience, Domination usually ends up as just another Skirmish.

With domination, you need to have at least 1 mech in the circle, while the enemy doesn't. That usually ends up with a skirmish just so we could secure the area. The area is usually exposed like in Grim Plexus and Polar Highlands, and then there are other times that it's not that exposed like in Canyon Network and Mining Collective.

What if the time only counts down only with numbers, as opposed in completely flushing the enemy out the area?

e.g. - There is 5 blue mechs on the circle, whereas red has 6 mechs. Then only the red's timer would go down.

That's just the idea. There could be another form of check, like firepower comparison, or mech weight comparison etc. etc.

Or the time could be abandoned altogether in favor of health, like Assault but both bases are located at the transmitter.

I would like to have something like this in Domination game to avoid it ending up as just another Skirmish.

#2 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

I really like the idea, but would this really change the "skirmish" situation? I think it would entice everybody to move their mechs to the bacon faster. Which is OK in principle, but then you'd have to poke the enemy out, even more aggressively/skirmishly, because the time ticks dow nconstantly for one or the other party.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users