Quick Loadouts

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:25 AM

Ever been in a situation where you prepped a long range mech and ended up on a brawling map, or vice versa, or ended up having some other build that would have worked a lot better with your team variation?

Suggestion to fix this: Quick Loadouts

What are they?
Function 1)

When in mechlab, three numbered buttons near the top, and pressing one will offer to save your current loadout (if it is valid) to that number. It will ask for a name for the quick loadout.

These loadouts are saved per mech.

If there is a quick loadout saved to that number already, left clicking will ask if you want to load that quick loadout, while right clicking will ask if you want to overwrite it.

Loading a quick loadout will attempt to draw the previously saved loadout from your current equipped stuff and then inventory, and will only partially succeed minus the missing bits and give an error if there are no longer the parts necessary.

Function 2)

After loading map and getting into the setup phase, an additional section will be available for you containing the quick loadout numbers, and hovering over them will show you their name in a tooltip. Clicking them will switch your mech to that quick loadout.

Quick loadouts that are no longer valid after saving (Say, if you don't have the requirements to load it out in your inventory) will be greyed out and be unselectable.

Why?

Let's say you have a mech. You can configure up to three different loadouts. You could have a brawling, support, and long range loadout. The inherent unknown of where you'll end up currently sucks.

#2 WarDaddie

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:23 AM

I agree, most if not all First person shooter style games have saved equipment setups, up to 5 usually. That you can switch to before the match starts.

However I believe you should have a fee associated with the swap out. Those mech engineers don't work for free. Something like 25k or 50k depending on the mech size possibly for lights 10k, for mediums 25k, for heavies 50k and for assaults 100k. Again provided you already have the equipment that you wish to refit with is in your inventory.

#3 Swamp Fox II

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

I agree, if I am going to drop a multi million dollar mech somewhere, I usually know where I am going and why I intend to be there, seleting a mech blind, and then getting railroaded to some planet / mission after the fact, I might want jumpjets, OR speed, or Long range, or tight range...

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

I would suggest Pick your Mech at the start of a Match. You first choose if you are going to pilot a light or what ever, then when you find out what map you are playing, you pick your final Mech.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users