Supply Cache Scam/rigged?

78 replies to this topic

#21 Benjamin357

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostSavageConvoy, on 21 August 2016 - 05:43 AM, said:

Here is a quick question on the supply caches. I've seen one person comment that they won a Summoner and that's the only person I've seen mention winning a mech. Out of a lot of supply caches I won a mech bay, no other MC costing items. I know other people have won mech bays as well.

I posted the screenshot of the summoner and the mech bay that I won, both from free cache keys. I suspect that this was pretty lucky really, but you wont see too many people posting good items on the forums because the forums are primarily for complaints. As has been stated before, if you have lots of C-Bills, these are not that great of a deal because most items that drop are just worth selling for C-Bills. If you don't have any C-Bills, they are not a terrible way to get a few extra, but then you could get more consistent results from simply buying a couple days prem time when you know you will play a bunch. I see the keys as a way for PGI to balance the economy where they are giving away MC with events, which is fine with me. For your free MC, you could save it for a hero mech, or a mech bay ... or you could use it on keys.

#22 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

Lol... yep, its like the lotto, But PGI could do it better then this. I mean seriously guys, its a complete rip off. If they are free, well then great. But to buy a key to unlock is just yet another money sink, another "mech pak" for sale. It is an insult to be honest, IMO.

#23 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

You can get 50 Keys for 7 dollars ... that's absurdly cheap ... rip off, really ?

#24 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 21 August 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Oh look here !

The infamous Toxic Troll of MWO !

Back under your bridge, please ...

Using an alt account I see. Who is really under the bridge?

#25 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

If you look to the upcoming patch notes you can see they will be color coding the items to show their rarity. As many people suspected each item does not have a 1/8 chance.

#26 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 21 August 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

You can get 50 Keys for 7 dollars ... that's absurdly cheap ... rip off, really ?

Yeah.... it is a rip off... just one more little fluff thing added to this game that wants your cash, period. Why not just give out the supply catches during normal match play. Only one pilot on the winning side gets it...Its not like they are just falling out of the sky for every player. This is one way that PGI could of thrown in something extra for a well played match, without charging anything for it. It would be like away to say, "thanks for taking your time to play the game, here is a supply catch with a very low chance to win anything worth much, and a large chance to win a med laser." Lol... come on, seriously?

#27 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

OMG I played 14 pulls on a slot machine and I didn't hit the jackpot! SCAM

#28 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

Here is a quick question on the supply caches. I've seen one person comment that they won a Summoner and that's the only person I've seen mention winning a mech. Out of a lot of supply caches I won a mech bay, no other MC costing items. I know other people have won mech bays as well.

Has anyone ever won the supply cache keys?
Has anyone ever any of the cockpit items?
Out of all the threads I don't think I've ever seen someone win any of those.

I have gotten the Supply Cache Keys x3 before.

On that note, I've also seen the thing skip backwards as its final, 'last bump' which would have been 1,000 MC had it followed the usual direction of its rotation, and onto a lesser item... Which was a Clan ECM in this case. Definitely wasnt expecting the ferris wheel of chance to that...

The whole setup currently portrays some misleading behavior:
1. The spin implies it will only spin in that direction.
2. There is an equal chance to win any object on the table.

Unless you've read the fine print, #2 will come as a surprise (As evident by this thread's very existence), but #1 is not indicated anywhere. So unless you're familiar with the unwritten rules of 'gambling', experiencing #1 is definitely going to create some resentment. The system is not very... transparent... which is fine for people capable of rational thought, understanding and willing to do some light reading, but unfortunately quite a few people are not... Also evidenced by the existence of this thread.

#29 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 21 August 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

OMG I played 14 pulls on a slot machine and I didn't hit the jackpot! SCAM

It is a scam...it is a rip off.... just something to take your cash and make a select few rich. House always wins. lol

#30 SavageConvoy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

It's not a good comparison to a slot machine, since all slot machines have the odds/payoffs listed. That and slot machines tend to have "win your money back" as one of the lowest tier prizes.
The color coding doesn't exactly feel right for me unless they also give out odds associated with it.
Rarity works just fine with magic cards for me, because I know a pack has X amount of common, Y amount of uncommon, and Z amount of rare.
Hell, slot machines at least let you win small prizes regularly enough to make it interesting. Since this started I think I managed to get about 20 supply chests and out of those I only got a single mechbay with the rest just being c-bills and weapons. This isn't a system that really works for me.

Also I get that this is a completely voluntary part to play in on a completely voluntary free to play game. But don't pretend for a second that this isn't specifically directed to target people's gambling impulses. When I first started playing MWO before it was released I actually took a break for a long time because of the "freemium" feel of the system. Things like this just chase players like me away.

#31 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostSavageConvoy, on 21 August 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

It's not a good comparison to a slot machine, since all slot machines have the odds/payoffs listed. That and slot machines tend to have "win your money back" as one of the lowest tier prizes.
The color coding doesn't exactly feel right for me unless they also give out odds associated with it.
Rarity works just fine with magic cards for me, because I know a pack has X amount of common, Y amount of uncommon, and Z amount of rare.
Hell, slot machines at least let you win small prizes regularly enough to make it interesting. Since this started I think I managed to get about 20 supply chests and out of those I only got a single mechbay with the rest just being c-bills and weapons. This isn't a system that really works for me.

Also I get that this is a completely voluntary part to play in on a completely voluntary free to play game. But don't pretend for a second that this isn't specifically directed to target people's gambling impulses. When I first started playing MWO before it was released I actually took a break for a long time because of the "freemium" feel of the system. Things like this just chase players like me away.

This is my thoughts, and will continue to be the things about this game that keeps my wallet at bay. Core play of this game is fun at times....it could be so much though and its really sad its not. I think PGI is seriously missing the bigger picture here. Build a base game that has depth, real depth and people will flock to this game.

#32 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 21 August 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

Using an alt account I see. Who is really under the bridge?

And this, right here, is why I call you a Toxic Troll.

Alt account ? Really ? With the same screen name and everything ?

This is my only account. I don't even know how to link a second account to my steam account. Nor do I want to.

You definitively belong under a bridge ... NOTHING I have seen you write on these forums for the past two months since I started playing has been positive. Always caustic, always negative, almost always rude.

Shame.

#33 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 21 August 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

And this, right here, is why I call you a Toxic Troll.

Alt account ? Really ? With the same screen name and everything ?

This is my only account. I don't even know how to link a second account to my steam account. Nor do I want to.

You definitively belong under a bridge ... NOTHING I have seen you write on these forums for the past two months since I started playing has been positive. Always caustic, always negative, almost always rude.

Shame.

Yeah mud is a special kinda forum warrior, but then again, so are all of usPosted Image

#34 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:00 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 21 August 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

Yeah mud is a special kinda forum warrior, but then again, so are all of usPosted Image

Speak for yourself please. I've hung my sword of forum warrioring a long time ago, when I was still playing Asheron's Call in the early 2000's and I found that kvetching and negativity hurt the game more than constructive criticism and positivity.

Now, I try my darnedest to always have something based in tests or experience to say, I take great pains (even with Trolls that make my bile boil) to stay polite, and I really try to stay positive ... or shut up.

I think I will do that now (shut up), I did write about my own experiences and the various sources of info on caches, nothing more to add really ...

#35 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Has anyone ever won the supply cache keys?
Has anyone ever any of the cockpit items?
Out of all the threads I don't think I've ever seen someone win any of those.

Haven't opened too many caches, but I won a 3x keys the other day, and I just got a Mechbay. With these event rewards, I'm definitely in the black as far as MC spent.

#36 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 21 August 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

The whole setup currently portrays some misleading behavior:
1. The spin implies it will only spin in that direction.
2. There is an equal chance to win any object on the table.

True, making a visual representation of the spinner where the rarity matches the size of the 'block' each item has would be a far better portrayal.

#37 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 21 August 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

Speak for yourself please. I've hung my sword of forum warrioring a long time ago, when I was still playing Asheron's Call in the early 2000's and I found that kvetching and negativity hurt the game more than constructive criticism and positivity.

Now, I try my darnedest to always have something based in tests or experience to say, I take great pains (even with Trolls that make my bile boil) to stay polite, and I really try to stay positive ... or shut up.

I think I will do that now (shut up), I did write about my own experiences and the various sources of info on caches, nothing more to add really ...

go read the world event thread in the announcements forum, someone just pulled a highlander IIC-A

#38 Baigs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

Have opened 2.. 1 was 2 LRM 15's the other Nova Cat Omnipod right arm.

#39 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 21 August 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

...and out of the 50 caches those keys open, your chance of getting an item worth that $7 is slim at best.

Players are better off just spending their MC on c-bills or buying the items outright.

#40 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Don't worry guys, I bought a Powerball ticket so I will own PGI by the weekend. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users