#41 roboPrancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 269 posts
  • LocationEh?

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

Well I also won a HGN-IIC-A.

So yeah, you really do always get the worst thing.

#42 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostroboPrancer, on 21 August 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Well I also won a HGN-IIC-A.

So yeah, you really do always get the worst thing.

Why are all the winning mechs I hear about Spiders, Vindicators, Summoners, and now Highlanders? Nobody getting Ebon Jaguars or Warhammers?

#43 Countess

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 21 August 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you are wrong.

It was NEVER stated anywhere that you have a 1 in 8 chance of winning an item, in fact it was clearly stated on Twitter and on these very forums that the chances ARE NOT equal, higher value items having a lower chance of dropping.

On the personnal anecdote side of things, I've opened more than 100 caches at the moment, and I never had the "lowest of the low" item, the only "bad" thing I got until now is a Clan AC2, that still sold for more than 50K CBills.
I've even had some caches with the exact same contents, and got different items from those.

The only thing you are right about is that it is a lottery ... and like all lotteries, the big prizes have a smaller chance of dropping.

On top of that, in the next patch we'll have colour codes denoting the rarity of the items, as you can read in the patch notes.

TL;DR : nope, not a scam, working as advertised and intended.

Now let me stop you right there. The system is not self-intuitive unless you read their twitter or search the forums. You can't force your community to scavenge for info, you should provide beforehand, which is not the case.
Sure, you ended with "they'll add rarity colors", but they haven't yet, so yeah, it's understandable why people call it a scam. Totally looks like 1 in 8, and the system does not show anywhere that it's otherwise, so I get why people get mad having bought like 50 keys and only getting **** (or at least most of the time, seeing how the system looks). I'm not saying it has to be 1 in 8 because that would be stupid, but the system is not intuitive and that's a sin on their part. Even TF2 when premiered the style had rarity colors.

#44 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:09 PM

View PostCountess, on 21 August 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

Now let me stop you right there. The system is not self-intuitive unless you read their twitter or search the forums. You can't force your community to scavenge for info, you should provide beforehand, which is not the case.
Sure, you ended with "they'll add rarity colors", but they haven't yet, so yeah, it's understandable why people call it a scam. Totally looks like 1 in 8, and the system does not show anywhere that it's otherwise, so I get why people get mad having bought like 50 keys and only getting **** (or at least most of the time, seeing how the system looks). I'm not saying it has to be 1 in 8 because that would be stupid, but the system is not intuitive and that's a sin on their part. Even TF2 when premiered the style had rarity colors.

Well, I agree that the documentation for this feature is lacking to say the least ... you have to search for answers on these forums (I don't have Twitter, but there are several threads with the tweets of Russ copypasted).

But then, I've been playing various MMOs since 1997, and the need to search for info was always there : in Asheron's Call for example, NOTHING was available from an official source out of the game, every single bit of info on the spells, weapons, armors etc was found by the players and made it's way to various fansites. But the Lore of that game *WAS* available ingame, in the various librairies across the lands, and in books that you could find as loot. Very rich too, I compiled it in a text file, about a thousand pages worth of stories, descrpritions, and most of all QUEST HINTS ... good luck playing that game (at the start, now it's documented to hell and back *BY THE PLAYERS*) if you didn't want to do a bit of research.

For me, needing to do some research is a reflex now, and I actually like that ... I would even welcome some "Lore Tidbits" ingame in place of the Tips that cycle when you wait for a game to load.

That said, I'm beginning to think that this community of players is jaded, toxic, caustic and most of all suffers from a huge complex of entitlement ... most of the posts I see are either rants or "ME WANT DAT NAOW".

I'll continue to dig, research, test and try things, and I'll stay positive in my outlook and comments, simply because that's the way I am when I like a game.

And I'll get trolled for that, I'm sure !

#45 SamsungNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:42 PM

Because of this topic, I opened a crate.

I got a pug in a helmet.

Thank you, OP. I've wanted one of those for a while, now.

#46 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:51 AM

I suggest the items in the wheel animation when opening a case should be equivalent in size to the chances to get them.

Would look like:

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII | (something useful) | SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII | CRAP | SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#47 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:56 AM

View PostKuaron, on 22 August 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

I suggest the items in the wheel animation when opening a case should be equivalent in size to the chances to get them.

Would look like:

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII | (something useful) | SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII | CRAP | SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

You are showing the chance of getting something useful as far, far ,far greater than it actually is though.

#48 Dredger

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:45 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 21 August 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

What is the point of you posting a picture? The rarities?

A picture is worth a thousand words, and I became tired of typing a long time ago.

Posted Image

This should have been the way it was done from the beginning. It does not look good when a company releases a payment feature and does not throughly document how it works. And no, Twitter doesn't count. That's what you have a forum and patch notes for.

#49 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:54 AM

View PostGlippi, on 21 August 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

After doing 14 SC's in a row and having someone also do 2, I can now tell you that in all cases you will get the shittiest thing available! Open a cache and look at the shittiest thing you can get. This is like streak, AMS, 100k c-bills and things like that, and put stuff like CP items, mechs, bays and higher valued weapons on the other. When you look and organise through your caches pick the worse item you can have, pick 2 if it is hard (like 100k cbills and an AMS) you will get 1 of those 2. All supply caches so far I have been able to tell exactly which item or which 2 possibilities I am getting, the graphic also seems to jump when it is stopping on something good to something bad (me and some group members all had the same experience).... so how does this system work? Cause it is kind of BS to make people get keys and win caches while not even having a fair chance of winning 1 of the 8 items, but it is more like 1 of 1 or 1 of 2 items!

I do not have a lot of money so all keys I have purchased and won are now wasted because of this SC scam, but I wondered if more people notice this and if I should actually start shooting evidence for this... Please give it a go yourself and see.

Why are you suprised? You're looking at a massively higher chance of getting the common items, it's not just an even random chance between each item. This is how lockboxes work in every game.

If it makes you feel better, they'll show you the odds (relatively) of getting different things in lockboxes after the patch tomorrow.

But yeah.

This is how lockboxes work.

It's stupid, they're stupid, but whatever.

#50 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 August 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Yes. Single keys and 3 packs.

THIS...yesterday from one of the personal challenge caches... (and I didn't own one of these yet)Posted Image

Or every time you go on a date with a girl...

more likely you will get this...

Posted Image

#51 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

Just keep in mind; when PGI says "uncommon" - they mean 1%. As for Ultra Rare, you are entering Powerball territory.

#52 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

Posted Image

so luck

much win

will supply key moar

wow

#53 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostDredger, on 22 August 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

A picture is worth a thousand words, and I became tired of typing a long time ago.

Posted Image

This should have been the way it was done from the beginning. It does not look good when a company releases a payment feature and does not throughly document how it works. And no, Twitter doesn't count. That's what you have a forum and patch notes for.
I find it boggling that 2x Clan UAC5s are a actually rare item. Wow. A single Clan PPC uncommon. I mean geez.

#54 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:35 AM

Honestly, does anyone know the chances for the different colours?

#55 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostKuaron, on 22 August 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

Honestly, does anyone know the chances for the different colours?

No, it has not been provided, but it seems that its less than 1% for anything most people think is good.

#56 Destro1000

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSpace... The Final Frontier

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostDavers, on 21 August 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

Why are all the winning mechs I hear about Spiders, Vindicators, Summoners, and now Highlanders? Nobody getting Ebon Jaguars or Warhammers?

I have also won a Vindicator it was probably my seventh supply cache, I have only been using free keys earned on events. I haven't seen any cache with Jaguars or Warhammers yet. I would love to see the chance of getting a mech increased so a larger portion of the player base has a better shot. PGI wouldn't have anything to lose because people would still need to buy 2 other variants with c bills in order to master them.

#57 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

View PostDredger, on 22 August 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

Agreed 100%. Should have had some indication in-game right from the start to avoid ghost-rarity controversy Posted Image

Also, why the hell is 2xUAC5 classed as a rare prize? Yikes. Modules, engines and MC items I can see being rare/ultra rare. And free mechs of course. The vendor trash shouldn't extend up to the rare bracket though.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 22 August 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#58 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

I would just like to STOP getting garbage omnipods in my SCs! Please stop letting omnipods take up an otherwise good item slot!

#59 VANHELSKIN

Rookie

• Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:26 AM

Ok ive consulted with my clan we have opened over 500 combined not worth it sell them for c-bills best result is 7 days premium time ONCE no other reported big wins .

#60 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:53 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 21 August 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you are wrong.

It was NEVER stated anywhere that you have a 1 in 8 chance of winning an item, in fact it was clearly stated on Twitter and on these very forums that the chances ARE NOT equal, higher value items having a lower chance of dropping.

On the personnal anecdote side of things, I've opened more than 100 caches at the moment, and I never had the "lowest of the low" item, the only "bad" thing I got until now is a Clan AC2, that still sold for more than 50K CBills.
I've even had some caches with the exact same contents, and got different items from those.

The only thing you are right about is that it is a lottery ... and like all lotteries, the big prizes have a smaller chance of dropping.

On top of that, in the next patch we'll have colour codes denoting the rarity of the items, as you can read in the patch notes.

TL;DR : nope, not a scam, working as advertised and intended.

Its a stupid UI...

When you spin a prize wheel you expect an equal chance per section of the wheel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users