Gh Or Ed?

167 replies to this topic

Poll: GH ore ED? (286 member(s) have cast votes)

should PGI abort ED and keep GH?

1. yes, GH is a better system (129 votes [45.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.10%

2. no, ED is better than GH and should be released as fast as posible (after tweaking the values) (157 votes [54.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Aesthetech

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

ED 1.0 was on the whole better than GH.

ED 2.0 is unnecessarily convoluted with individual weapon values and GH was a more simple solution.

ED 1.0 over GH; GH over ED 2.0. Both are inherently flawed regardless.

#142 Fester Wan Kenobi

• Pip
  • Corporal
  • Corporal
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

Get rid of both systems.

#143 Fightgar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

I think ED could be better buy I'm not a fan of it as of now. I think it kind of sucks. Maybe have ghost heat system and limit alphas to 5 per game or have a charge system as to how often you can alpha.

#144 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:22 PM

View PostFesterwankenobi, on 28 August 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Get rid of both systems.

There can be a better suggestions than yours: get rid of all weapons. Leave only ramming.

Seriously, keep GH. There is nothing wrong with it at the moment. Add more hotter maps in the game too besides Tourmaline, Vitric, and Terra.

Edited by Lunatic_Asylum, 30 August 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#145 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:51 AM

- More maps like Terra - and I go from game. My mech with firepower of 35 max already burning there. And some of them have only energy weapons - so I cant use them on such map if they were taken. Easier than just blow engine at the start and go with another mech to next match, seriously.

#146 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:20 AM

ED still in the lead. Posted Image

#147 CaptainSuspense

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:01 AM

My only problem is the bigger the Mech the more energy you should be able to draw from. It doesn't seem right that a light has just as much energy cap as an assault.

#148 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostAnimalmother233, on 01 September 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

My only problem is the bigger the Mech the more energy you should be able to draw from. It doesn't seem right that a light has just as much energy cap as an assault.

but a heavy can bring enoug ore fast cycling weapons to spam that 30 damage way more often..

example a med can bring 3lpl's, a asault can bring 6 and fire 2 times in the same duration..

on top of that the assault can (if he deams it a good move at that time) alpha all 6 for a kill shot in echange for a very high heat penalty..

Edited by L3mming2, 01 September 2016 - 05:15 AM.

#149 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostAnimalmother233, on 01 September 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

The assault mech's myomers need to handle alot of more weight and therefore consume more energy. If there should be a variable cap then it should based on engine-size divided by ton.

#150 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:05 AM

View Postxe N on, on 01 September 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

The assault mech's myomers need to handle alot of more weight and therefore consume more energy. If there should be a variable cap then it should based on engine-size divided by ton.

this realy is not about logic (there is farly litle of that in gaint robots anny way) its about game play... and the goal here is to stop spamable high alphas to make 1 and 2 (ore even 3) shots kills less common, and increase TTK... giving the class with the highest alpha potential to begin with less strict limits would in that contest be a bad idea... ive never heard sombody wine about 6LPL locusts... 6LPL asaults on the other hand..

#151 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

Much as I hate GH and as much as I was a big fan of ED in the initial stage.

Phase 2 is a complete pig, because yet again, P.G.I screw around nerfing the crap out of weapons, rather than to use some common sense and adjust the base line system properly.

#152 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:32 PM

Okay - energy or heat draw or cap. All the same 1 line on the hud.
In case of heat we just need to get the heat points proper and give the new heat generating objects and
Make the sinks work and remove the ghost heat . Heat handicap depends if engine and sinks. In case of gauze give permanent heat points to that weapon. And give more colldown and remove the peumo
Penalties for exiting the heat cap depends of points - movement hud targeting electronic atc

Edited by Leopardo, 01 September 2016 - 10:36 PM.

#153 Airwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWhere's the dropship? I want off this rock!

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:36 AM

For all you guys that are all over having ED ...

That's your call.....

As for me, well ... ED ... Erectile Dysfunction ... er ... no thanks ... you're welcome to it....

#154 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:42 AM

wile you would not expect it (with the huge amount of salt you see on this forum about ED) the support for ED is still 9.3% higher then GH. i'm curious how long it will take before PGI will be inplementing it on life :)

#155 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:23 AM

We will get the viable poptarts being terrors of the battlefield if ED gets implemented.

If anyone complains when the Nova and the HBK-IIC-A (and to a lesser extent, the SMN due to crazy velocity) become as commonplace as the Kodiak was yesterday upon c-bill release, I will point them to this thread.

#156 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostLunatic_Asylum, on 30 August 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

There can be a better suggestions than yours: get rid of all weapons. Leave only ramming.

Seriously, keep GH. There is nothing wrong with it at the moment. Add more hotter maps in the game too besides Tourmaline, Vitric, and Terra.

I would ONLY prefer keeping GH over ED if all non snow maps had their heat raised while adding hotter maps to the game.

I'd enjoy the game more if heat, ammo, and damage management were top priority over shooting high Alphas.

#157 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

Fix your poll options. This is not a black and white issue so your poll is skewed. Ghost Heat was a previous bandaid solution for another problem exploitive behaviour by the players, ED is another.

Edited by rolly, 11 September 2016 - 07:57 AM.

#158 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:07 AM

View Postrolly, on 11 September 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

Fix your poll options. This is not a black and white issue so your poll is skewed. Ghost Heat was a previous bandaid solution for another problem exploitive behaviour by the players, ED is another.

the question here is not if u like them or not, but wich one u think best of those 2... the moment your "not bandaid solution" has been developed and has its own PTS ill give it a vote option.. ore better yet i'll start a new poll...

#159 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 11 September 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

the question here is not if u like them or not, but wich one u think best of those 2... the moment your "not bandaid solution" has been developed and has its own PTS ill give it a vote option.. ore better yet i'll start a new poll...

Its not a matter of what is liked or not. Its building a truly relevant poll. You're channeling the audience to suit your argument and discounting other opinions. At very least give an "Other (respond below"). If you're gonna do a poll, do it right. Otherwise its just another fluff rage post that your audience will discount. I'm sure you're not seeking that?

Edited by rolly, 11 September 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#160 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:51 PM

View Postrolly, on 11 September 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Its not a matter of what is liked or not. Its building a truly relevant poll. You're channeling the audience to suit your argument and discounting other opinions. At very least give an "Other (respond below"). If you're gonna do a poll, do it right. Otherwise its just another fluff rage post that your audience will discount. I'm sure you're not seeking that?

it's a simple do you like the old or new system. It's simple.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users