Nerf On All Ac And Srms Too Hard

23 replies to this topic

#1 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

As title say ED put too big nerf on all autocanons and Splat.

I guess Brawling was so OP that it needed nerf.

Also nerfs to splat, streaks and small/med lasers will make scouting even more base rush mode.

#2 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

ACs yes... lots yes. But splat didn't get a nerf. 4xSRM6 is still a thing under ED, and that's a LOT more than 30 damage.

#3 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Technically, ED has almost no effect on ACs. It was cooldown nerf that reduced their dps.

Edited by kapusta11, 28 August 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#4 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

Splat did get a nerf 4x6 now goes over 30 points and gets small heat penealty and spread was increased.

Yes it's cooldown that was increased but they implementing both together.

#5 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostKurbeks, on 28 August 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

Splat did get a nerf 4x6 now goes over 30 points and gets small heat penealty and spread was increased.

Yes it's cooldown that was increased but they implementing both together.

PGI specifically tuned the stats for SRM6s so that players could fire 4 of them at once (about 52pts of damage for IS) under ED without penalty. That was a direct buff from PTS1 where players were limited to 24 tubes.

For the record, on the live server, you can only fire 3 of any Clan SRM without getting a massive penalty. This is also a direct buff for SRMs from the live server as well.

Edited by ScarecrowES, 28 August 2016 - 01:42 PM.

#6 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 28 August 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

For the record, on the live server, you can only fire 3 of any Clan SRM without getting a massive penalty. This is also a direct buff for SRMs from the live server as well.

You can fire 4 SRMs with no penalty on live server. What are you talking about?

#7 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 28 August 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

You can fire 4 SRMs with no penalty on live server. What are you talking about?

Not for Clans. The IS can fire 4. Clans can fire 3 - streaks that is. I should have specified. I believe all SRMs are 4 now on PTS2, right?

Edited by ScarecrowES, 28 August 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#8 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 28 August 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

Not for Clans. The IS can fire 4. Clans can fire 3 - streaks that is. I should have specified. I believe all SRMs are 4 now on PTS2, right?

Posted Image

Ninja edit huh? No matter though. Who cares about streaks anyways?

Edited by kapusta11, 28 August 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#9 Parashurama

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

So what are Atlai and brawler mechs running that had a single ballista can and 3-4 srms?

How does that play out against fast mechs?

#10 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

Atlas and etc will just have to fire AC/20 and then SRM's, not single alpha.

#11 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

My DDC has 2xLB10 and 3x SRM6. No troubles with with energy at all. Didn't test AS7-S though.

Anyone else thinks LRMs are too accurate compared to SRMs? I mean....LRM5 and LRM10 are pretty accurate compared to SRMs now.

And about weaker SRMs (smurfy table). Every weapon basically got nerfed, but SRMs are the winners cause of energy.

Edited by Exard3k, 29 August 2016 - 01:37 AM.

#12 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:35 AM

View PostKurbeks, on 29 August 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

...Just like you would on live server, if you want to hit a fast mech.

View PostExard3k, on 29 August 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

Anyone else thinks LRMs are too accurate compared to SRMs? I mean....LRM5 and LRM10 are pretty accurate compared to SRMs now.

No, they are not. Take two mechs - one with LRM5 the other with SRM4 (same weight), have them shoot each other from 250 meters and I bet the LRM carrier will be cored even before the SRM looses armor. SRM4 has 86% more DPS than LRM5.

Edited by Kmieciu, 29 August 2016 - 01:42 AM.

#13 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,893 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:57 AM

The latest iteration of ED has not shown much impact on my SRM builds, but last night I tried a 2 AC20 2ML Mauler running a std 325. Gotta admit, until now I had been pretty indifferent about ED, but the fact that a mech that large, with that sort of limitations and with that much engine, can't fire off more than a single alpha in what seemed like an eternity, and still have heat problems as well as delay; strikes me as ridiculous. Even alternating it into 25 point shots every two seconds was too much for it.

The "trade off" for taking an AC 20 should be the fact that it is a massive weapon, limited to short range. Gimping it even further as ED does will render it essentially unplayable (I think). ACs, but especially the AC20 needs some sort of modifier to help it out under ED.

#14 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 31 August 2016 - 02:57 AM, said:

The latest iteration of ED has not shown much impact on my SRM builds, but last night I tried a 2 AC20 2ML Mauler running a std 325. Gotta admit, until now I had been pretty indifferent about ED, but the fact that a mech that large, with that sort of limitations and with that much engine, can't fire off more than a single alpha in what seemed like an eternity, and still have heat problems as well as delay; strikes me as ridiculous. Even alternating it into 25 point shots every two seconds was too much for it.

The "trade off" for taking an AC 20 should be the fact that it is a massive weapon, limited to short range. Gimping it even further as ED does will render it essentially unplayable (I think). ACs, but especially the AC20 needs some sort of modifier to help it out under ED.

I also tested my Mauler (2x AC20, 4x ML, 2x SRM4) and i had no issues as long as I didn't shoot both AC20 together, or an AC20 together with the rest.
Double shot of AC20 is already hot with GH, so we all know this kind of heat spike.

PTS2 values for AC20:
Posted Image

PTS2 values for SRM6:
Posted Image

Edited by Reno Blade, 31 August 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,893 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

In re Reno's post,

Hmm, I tried my very reasonable 2 AC20 2 ML Mauler on Vitric, River City, and Emerald. On each I could only alpha once and then even alternating over heated me. With GH, I could regularly alpha this thing with reasonable pauses (maybe a 3 count ala twisting and re-positioning, then firing again ) with no problems, only rarely needing to resort to chain fire. In ED, I seem to overheat just chain firing (with pauses) after the initial alpha.

Now, I get that the whole point of ED is to reduce alphas, and increase ttk, but it seems to me that having to waste 17 tons (come on...3 tons of ammo is bare minimum) on a 20 point weapon is enough of a draw back (in either system) to justify also imposing a firing delay, and massive heat spike if you happen to fire two of them within a second of each other as with ED. That's 34 tons just so I can alternate 20 point shots every 2 seconds and then only if I have significant heat sinks as well. A build like this (see also King Crab) needs to be able to maintain dps or alpha and twist to be viable in ANY heat/energy scheme. In ED it seems far more heat efficient to drop those AC20s and replace them with AC10s and slap on 6 ML and alternate those groups (I tried it. It is.) Point is 2 AC20s...based on my observations thus far...seem WAY hotter and less efficient under ED than they are under GH. This is the first weapon system/combination where I have felt that ED really feel like a detriment (though frankly I don't like the way ED treats ANY auto-cannons). All in all, that is pretty good, but I hope they give ACs, and especially AC20s a bit of love before this thing goes live.

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,571 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

PGI specifically tuned the stats for SRM6s so that players could fire 4 of them at once (about 52pts of damage for IS) under ED without penalty.

I believe they mentioned there was in issue with SRMs, because I have tested this and 4 SRM6 overdraws in PTS2, unless they hotfixed it while I wasn't looking. That said, heavier brawlers were definitely nerfed by ED, the ability to just splat things at short range with the AS7-S is now reduced, which means the D-DC will probably be making a comeback.

The smaller ACs though while were nerfed, they are still some of the best weapons in the game.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 31 August 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#17 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:24 AM

View PostKurbeks, on 29 August 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

Oh no the horror. How will a 100 ton mech be able to survive that face time of half a second longer?

#18 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:39 AM

View PostStone Wall, on 01 September 2016 - 03:24 AM, said:

Oh no the horror. How will a 100 ton mech be able to survive that face time of half a second longer?

Well FYI it is long time if you are target of focus fire, which Atlais almost always are if they are within SRM range... so might not survive that extra half second.

#19 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

PGI specifically tuned the stats for SRM6s so that players could fire 4 of them at once (about 52pts of damage for IS) under ED without penalty. That was a direct buff from PTS1 where players were limited to 24 tubes.

so they tuned it allowing you to fire SRM6 x4 with a wider spread, which is 24 tubes, the same as phase 1 but with a bigger spread ?

#20 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:04 AM

Yup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users