9 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

There is an inconsistency between the patch notes and what is currently in the PTS build.

The Clan Medium Pulse Laser duration was not reduced to 0.7. It is still 0.85.

I want to take this opportunity to also thank the people checking out the PTS build and providing feedback. We are always looking at the concerns and feedback on a day to day basis as we move through the PTS period.

#2 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:50 AM

- Also

C-SRM 6
• Energy Consumption decreased to 7.5 Energy total (from 9)

Not correct. On PTS 4xC-SRM6 still show 36 ED poins and 1xC-SRM6 = 9
Same trouble with Artemis.
Same with SSRM6.
So - no decreasing in PTS2. Something went wrong.

#3 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostSource Mystic, on 24 August 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Also the mech cool-down modules when fully leveled do not just give 5% they still give 10 % ????

The modules are correct at 1% per level to a max of 5%. The MechLab text does not reflect this, but the values are at 1% per level.

View PostTiantara, on 25 August 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Not correct. On PTS 4xC-SRM6 still show 36 ED poins and 1xC-SRM6 = 9
Same trouble with Artemis.
Same with SSRM6.
So - no decreasing in PTS2. Something went wrong.

You are correct. Note taken and will be updated for the next build.

#4 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 25 August 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

You are correct. Note taken and will be updated for the next build.

- ^_^ Thanks!

#5 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

With all due respect i will ask only one thing of you Paul.
Let's say Energy Draw hits the live servers and it gets the huge amounts of complaints like Ghost Heat got back in the day.
If this happens will you please concider looking at some of the ideas the community made to replace both Ghost Heat and Energy Draw?

I'm not just talking about the simplified solutions that can be programmed within a few weeks.
I'm also talking about the solutions where hard work is necessary.
The kind of ideas that spare no effort to make both mixed and boat builds equally viable as well as increase TTK.

This feedback forum section is filled with many great ideas. All you got to do is read till you find something viable and put your own numbers in.

#6 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

- Something strange about that part.

The Critical Energy Indicator lights up when you have exceeded the amount of Energy currently available in your Energy Status Bar.
When this indicator lights up, you have incurred a Heat Penalty.
When the Critical Energy Indicator is lit you will not be able to able to fire any weapons, unless you activate Override.

- I depleted ED pool, hear warning sound and fire second group of weapon before it recharges. By mechanic, it seems, I can do that only when override turned on. But I can fire second group without it but with full heat penalty of group and got overheat. Indicator don't prevent possibility to use another ready weapon with fully depleted ED (or even overdepleted... that's why here need some visual implementation about how many ED overdrawn was).

Also - with override it become even more dangerous. Right now with penalty = 1. If trigger second part of weapon when ED empty and heat already 44-57%, most mech with firepower from 41 to 56 got deathblow on mid-temp map. (Same... need to show about 15% heat which go over 100% max heat to show it for pilot with override)
That make many mech already hot become even hotter. And some trial builds... harder to use. I don't speak about stock variants.

Edited by Tiantara, 29 August 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#7 Steppenwolfen

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

I'm liking the concept (K.I.S.S.). Just stick to the physics - available energy vs demand. Power weapons are attenuated where demand exceeds available energy; and projectiles fly until overcome by friction/gravity, etc. Oh, and PLEASE (my pet peeve), attach some optional/adjustable logarithmic modification to the Joystick axis input so I can feel like I'm really driving a Mech and still be capable of aiming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users