Who's Going To Mechcon On These Forums?

Social

74 replies to this topic

#21 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 27 August 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

what do you mean by ammo per ton?

oh not much, just that some weapons do 200 damage per ton of ammo. and others... only 140.
also ammo values are at max at 150% of TT while armour values are 200% TT and have not changed even tho we have 50% more enemys to kill with said ammo since the change to 12v12 from 8v8 happened.

edit: forgot that the 3/3/3/3 rules was move to 4/4/4/4 or none on events. which increase the tonnage in matches by alot too.

Edited by Kangarad, 27 August 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#22 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

If you drop by Kamei Baru on Smithe near Burrard for sake and oysters, or the Robson and Denman area for ramen, oden, or yakitori, you just might catch me there ...

... but not know it's me. Posted Image

I'll be in the area during that weekend ... hopefully. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 27 August 2016 - 10:23 PM.

#23 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 August 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'll be there... probably a 40 minute walk Posted Image

I'm going to find Paul... and I'm going to ask a few questions on behalf of the 6xMG spider

Gotta say, it's probably best I don't ask Paul any questions at all. =)

#24 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

well, I'd have some ideas where a cake could be usefull there...

Posted Image

#25 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:15 PM

View PostKangarad, on 27 August 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

oh not much, just that some weapons do 200 damage per ton of ammo. and others... only 140.
also ammo values are at max at 150% of TT while armour values are 200% TT and have not changed even tho we have 50% more enemys to kill with said ammo since the change to 12v12 from 8v8 happened.

edit: forgot that the 3/3/3/3 rules was move to 4/4/4/4 or none on events. which increase the tonnage in matches by alot too.

Well, 10 class autocannons carry 200 damage worth of ammo, 20-class autocannons carry 140, everything else is 150. The reason why 20-class autocannons are at 140 instead of 150 should be immediately apparent.

10's got boosted because they were the least used autocannon, but PGI was reluctant to buff them. LBX10, AC10, cLBX10, cUAC10. Of course, then cUAC10 popularity exploded with the shell count and burst duration reductions, but yeah.

That was a balancing factor, because IS side: Why take an AC10, when an AC20 doubles the damage for 2 more tons? Nor was it a bad move.

With that said, I'd like to see all ammo counts increased, but we're already transitioning to a dakka based meta anyways, so maybe not. *shrugs*

#26 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:27 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 27 August 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Well, 10 class autocannons carry 200 damage worth of ammo, 20-class autocannons carry 140, everything else is 150. The reason why 20-class autocannons are at 140 instead of 150 should be immediately apparent.

10's got boosted because they were the least used autocannon, but PGI was reluctant to buff them. LBX10, AC10, cLBX10, cUAC10. Of course, then cUAC10 popularity exploded with the shell count and burst duration reductions, but yeah.

That was a balancing factor, because IS side: Why take an AC10, when an AC20 doubles the damage for 2 more tons? Nor was it a bad move.

With that said, I'd like to see all ammo counts increased, but we're already transitioning to a dakka based meta anyways, so maybe not. *shrugs*

It is kind of a trade off.
Mechs with only 1 autocannon and the dakka boats, both benefit from that.

Buffs to single AC balance builds are good. Buffs to boats are not.
Its all about how much are you going to give up for what you get.

Personally, I think that dakka boats will not see a considerable boost compared to single AC mechs. Because their dps comes form dakka only an they already have enough ammo to sustain an entire slugfest match. The extra free 2 tons will only mean 1 kph faster speed for them. Or a couple DHS that have no use, or 2 medium lasers that reduce their dps.

Yet the single mech AC gains the ability to bring 1-2 backup lasers or srms which helps them a lot.

So I vote for normalising damage per ton count to 200/ton (I'm even OK with 180).

So many things have changed since closed beta... 12v12 and immense durability quirks are enough reasons for this change.

#27 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

So it's looking like just 2 people huh? RAM and Navid A1 (maybe Mystere if I go eat ramen at a secret shop :P )

#28 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostKangarad, on 27 August 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

You mean weapons with large spread AND small range ??... it's totally logical.

More risky weapons allow you to get higher damage at end of game .. also yours guys have the choice now.
In fact only AC10 and UAC10 don't deserve to get 200 damage per tonn of ammo but LBX deserve it.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 28 August 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#29 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,157 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:42 AM

Florida to Vancouver for a day? Only if Storm Jaguar wins NA. If it was Atlanta, I'd drive up.

Edited by TercieI, 28 August 2016 - 04:43 AM.

#30 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:18 AM

I am, and in face to face situations cannot be blocked due to a difference of opinions. Posted Image

But, seriously? Yes, I'll be there. As will Kanajashi, and another Nova Cat. While I am not sure who would want to get a signature from Russ, I'm interested in chatting with Alex (fellow Miamian, here), and listening in to Weisman in his QnA section.

Also totally gonna give one of PGI's QA people serious hell for all the bugs I find and report to him. Posted Image

Also, I am being peer pressured into trying Poutine.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 28 August 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#31 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:52 AM

Vancouver is a beautiful city, love hangin out there. Make sure you check out the spots on east Hastings st

#32 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 27 August 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

View PostIdealsuspect, on 28 August 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

You mean weapons with large spread AND small range ??... it's totally logical.

More risky weapons allow you to get higher damage at end of game .. also yours guys have the choice now.
In fact only AC10 and UAC10 don't deserve to get 200 damage per tonn of ammo but LBX deserve it.

while I agree with more risk = reward. I was not correct in telling that 200 damage per ton was the highest.

the highest is actualy IS SRM AMMO at 430 damage per ton.

while yes the ac20 and the gauss rifle which are high damage pinpoint weapons (not cuac/cac versions tho) generaly need less ammo to be more effective than say ac 10 or cuac10 which trade of nothing are currently the best of all choices since for all other weapons the negatives outwheight the gain as long as you have the ammount of harpoints and free tons to compare em 1 by 1 like you do on the kodiak and direfloof (so totaly viable choice of comparsion)

I am also not saying that a weapon like lrms whith a hitrate of less than 25% and just 180 damage per ton of ammo is great either.

while yes the choice to run an ac20 vs an ac 10... well it might seem that the ac 20 is straight up superior at first. but the ac 10 has more long term damage, more dps per ton, needs less tons for ammo, is more heat efficient, will have less energy draw per damage and more range/accuracy, less drop off, more synergy when used with other weapons and less dependent about being right in the face of the enemy or even actually hitting at max damage due to surplus ammo.

so yes I do not think that 140 vs 430 damage per ton is in any way, shape or form fair to weapons balance especially when you can effectively mount way more of the highest damage per ton ammo weapons than you could even imagine to bring on the low ammo end, and this will be even more noticeable once energy draw hits.

I am sure that we actualy will be going out of the dakka based meta we currently have once more people realise how far srm based builds will be able to push it
I mean why fire 1 ac20 and take 4 heat penalty when you could fire 4 asrm6 for way more damage? or 40 in lrm 5's (80 in lrm 20's before noticeable difference between current and pts ghostheat but who uses lrm 20's anyway... runs cold with just 12 dhs btw despite aplha strikingat more than 40 points over heat threshold)

Missile meta is incomming. soon™. Lurmageddon™

I should also add that no. I am not going to the Con due to havign other plans at that point in time allready.

Edited by Kangarad, 28 August 2016 - 09:00 AM.

#33 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,157 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 August 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

Give into that pressure. It's one of Canada's only legitimate contributions to world culture. ;)

(We lived in Toronto for four years and poutine is one of the only things we miss).

Edited by TercieI, 28 August 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#34 Tanil Kane

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'll be there. Ive always wanted to visit Vancouver.

#35 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 August 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

I am, and in face to face situations cannot be blocked due to a difference of opinions. Posted Image

But, seriously? Yes, I'll be there. As will Kanajashi, and another Nova Cat. While I am not sure who would want to get a signature from Russ, I'm interested in chatting with Alex (fellow Miamian, here), and listening in to Weisman in his QnA section.

Also totally gonna give one of PGI's QA people serious hell for all the bugs I find and report to him. Posted Image

Poutine is good, I'll see you there, and I'm not going to go back into that argument of you "getting blocked" on Twitter. I have a feeling there won't be much Q&A or wondering devs.

#36 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostTercieI, on 28 August 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

Give into that pressure. It's one of Canada's only legitimate contributions to world culture. Posted Image

(We lived in Toronto for four years and poutine is one of the only things we miss).

Seriously, while I don't care about culture in the slightest, if you haven't had poutine, bloody well have it. And not crappy fast food poutine, proper poutine. I mean, for reals, seriously.

I mean really, how can fries + cheese + gravy not be awesome? In what world doesn't that sound delicious? It baffles me that it's not common in the US now. Even crappy "poutine" like mozza/cheddar + gravy on fries is good; but proper poutine is freaking amazing.

Add bacon for added yum and increased risk of heart attack (totally worth it).

#37 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 27 August 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'm not going to fly half-way across the world for it.

I'm not going to take the ferry to get there.... Oddly enough costs almost as much to take a Sea-plane or Heli-jet flight to down town Van as it would for me to drive and use the ferry...

#38 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 August 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'll be there... probably a 40 minute walk Posted Image

I'm going to find Paul... and I'm going to ask a few questions on behalf of the 6xMG spider

To overdo it, get a spider costume and wield 6 plastic mg to scare Paul into buffing the in-game mg's Posted Image

#39 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostKangarad, on 28 August 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

while I agree with more risk = reward. I was not correct in telling that 200 damage per ton was the highest.

the highest is actualy IS SRM AMMO at 430 damage per ton.

while yes the ac20 and the gauss rifle which are high damage pinpoint weapons (not cuac/cac versions tho) generaly need less ammo to be more effective than say ac 10 or cuac10 which trade of nothing are currently the best of all choices since for all other weapons the negatives outwheight the gain as long as you have the ammount of harpoints and free tons to compare em 1 by 1 like you do on the kodiak and direfloof (so totaly viable choice of comparsion)

I am also not saying that a weapon like lrms whith a hitrate of less than 25% and just 180 damage per ton of ammo is great either.

while yes the choice to run an ac20 vs an ac 10... well it might seem that the ac 20 is straight up superior at first. but the ac 10 has more long term damage, more dps per ton, needs less tons for ammo, is more heat efficient, will have less energy draw per damage and more range/accuracy, less drop off, more synergy when used with other weapons and less dependent about being right in the face of the enemy or even actually hitting at max damage due to surplus ammo.

so yes I do not think that 140 vs 430 damage per ton is in any way, shape or form fair to weapons balance especially when you can effectively mount way more of the highest damage per ton ammo weapons than you could even imagine to bring on the low ammo end, and this will be even more noticeable once energy draw hits.

I am sure that we actualy will be going out of the dakka based meta we currently have once more people realise how far srm based builds will be able to push it
I mean why fire 1 ac20 and take 4 heat penalty when you could fire 4 asrm6 for way more damage? or 40 in lrm 5's (80 in lrm 20's before noticeable difference between current and pts ghostheat but who uses lrm 20's anyway... runs cold with just 12 dhs btw despite aplha strikingat more than 40 points over heat threshold)

Missile meta is incomming. soon™. Lurmageddon™

I should also add that no. I am not going to the Con due to havign other plans at that point in time allready.

Rofl; seriously? The damage:ton difference between SRM's and AC's is because of a few things:

1) AC's deliver 100% of their damage to the target component.
2) AC's can fire out to 2x their optimal range, SRM's hard stop at 270m
3) AC20 vs. AC10 comments above show a distressing lack of having any idea of what you're talking about.

Even today, AC10's aren't terribly popular. Ammo efficiency is a good plus for them, but even with that people tend to AC5's (range, velocity, dps) or AC20's (20dmg vs. 10dmg in a brawl is an obvious choice).

SRM's are NOT ammo efficient weapons, even though they seem to be, because 3xSRM6 fires 18 missiles. Thus 3xSRM6 will burn a ton of ammo in 5.5 shots.

Gah. There's so much wrong in the quoted post above my head hurts. Just stop.

#40 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 28 August 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Seriously, while I don't care about culture in the slightest, if you haven't had poutine, bloody well have it. And not crappy fast food poutine, proper poutine. I mean, for reals, seriously.

I mean really, how can fries + cheese + gravy not be awesome? In what world doesn't that sound delicious? It baffles me that it's not common in the US now. Even crappy "poutine" like mozza/cheddar + gravy on fries is good; but proper poutine is freaking amazing.

Add bacon for added yum and increased risk of heart attack (totally worth it).

I've got a restaurant about 5 minute drive from my work that makes authentic Montreal poutine... I've been known to duck out to grab lunch there... I know it's authentic, as the owner and staff are all from Montreal.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users