Make it easier to change password on the mwo site

50 replies to this topic

#21 firemoth

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

i want to change my password.

there's no option to change password in my profile (i cant even change my email address or anything else in my profile)

clicking the forgot password link on the login screen says to check my email for a reset link, but nothing shows up (yahoo mail)

and you want me to give you money for this game?

#22 Raazer

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Add me to the list of people who is frustrated by this nonsense. I suspect my password has been compromised through another game, and I'd like to change it. Except when I click on "Email and password" on the settings page, I get to a page with absolutely no fields to change the password. Are you ***** kidding me??? How could you screw up such a basic and important function?

#23 MosaicM80

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Same deal as everyone else here, can't change my password on my profile. When I go to the "E-mail and Password" link from my fourm link there is NO password input on that page.

#24 frag85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

This is perhaps more frustrating than typing in the long password I chose every couple of rounds when I have to restart the game because of the memory leak.

Whoever is in charge of website design really needs to change this. It should not be difficult to change profile info/passwords.

Edited by frag85, 20 January 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#25 W4rl0ck

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

This really needs some love.

#26 Lang15

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'd just like to add I'm also experiencing the difficulties outlined in this post. I'm on the Forums > Settings > Profile Settings, and when I click E-mail and Password, there's no password field.

I'm going to try the forgot password link, but I've spent too much time trying to find a simple feature.

Edited by Lang15, 17 February 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#27 DubyaTF

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Please fix this. My first visit to the forum was because I was looking for a way to change the password. Like several other users have stated, I used a password generator to create a very secure, random password. Now I find I need to type it in each time I open the game.

Two things need to change: 1) allow the game launcher to remember the password like every other game launcher out there, and 2) allow us to easily reset our password from our account profile page... like every other website out there.

#28 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Actually, since you can spend real money from the client, I'd rather the password field be paste-able than have it save the password.

#29 juju2112

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

I also have this problem. I am able to navigate to the page in question. The fields are:

Country
Email Address
Pilot Name
First Name
Last Name

No password field! And the fields that are there are uneditable. I need to be able to change my password.

#30 Izzob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I also want to change my password to something stronger and cant is there any word on this yet ?

#31 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

All you do is log out of the game and website and then go to the login here and select forgot password. They email you a reset link. One of the support guys was nice enough to help me with this today.

#32 Dustein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 357 posts
  • LocationX: -304.07 Y: 291.54 (Lyran Alliance - Australia)

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

My friend keep s telling me he cannot log in because he forgot his password. I tell him to change it. he tells me he did but it send him to a timed out link or a page with no details to change. I call him a n00b and tell him he must be doing it wrong. But apparently not. He has bought MC and now can not log in and can not change his password :-s

#33 fastjacks

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

PLEASE STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME AND IMPLEMENT A PASSWORD CHANGE FIELD. WE DIDNT FORGET IT WE JUST WANT TO CHANGE IT

#34 SuteKhBaal

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

Password Field continue not working, pathetic.

#35 Phineas

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Oh wow. I have an obnoxiously long password, then after learning that I can't paste my password into the client and it won't remember my password, I find out I can't even change it to a short password?

The forgot password link in the launcher takes me to the profile page...no password field. The email & password page on my settings on the website takes me to the same page.

I just started playing the game, and I like it, but wow...not able to change my password?

#36 Alcimedes

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Interesting. Thread goes back to at July of last year with people complaining that the password reset option doesn't actually exist (same problem I'm experiencing) and yet here it is in May of 2013.

That's more than ten months now. More than then months to either add a password reset option that works, or allow people to paste passwords into the client at login. Neither one has happened. Was really interested in the game before, not so much now. Seems like it would be really frustrating to regularly wait this long for basic improvements.

Edited by Alcimedes, 17 May 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#37 Faskomilo Drakos

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Could an admin send an email to reset my password or something? I'm not sure how I would go about resetting my password. I realize the game is in open Beta...but most games have a password reset by this point.

#38 Freo

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postjuju2112, on 23 February 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

I also have this problem. I am able to navigate to the page in question. The fields are:

Country
Email Address
Pilot Name
First Name
Last Name

No password field! And the fields that are there are uneditable. I need to be able to change my password.

Idem dito

#39 Magnamuz

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

GOD DAMMIT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PASSWORD ADMINS!!!

#40 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Send tickets, emails, annoy them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users