47 replies to this topic

#41 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

there is also TOG2 or was it TOGc, it's the Clan side for the TOG players.

you could just go Lower case 'o' . . ToG

any way, from what I read in creating a Unit, you cannot use same , so you won't be able to use TOG, but might get away with using ToG

or maybe use 'Da' for 'The' . . 'DOG'

#42 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

What/who is TOG?

#43 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 September 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

What/who is TOG?

I think the are the other guys

#44 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 September 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

What/who is TOG?

The Older Gamers .

#45 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 08 September 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

I think the are the other guys

Grrrrrrr...lol

View PostXaat Xuun, on 08 September 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

I'm an OMP (Original Madden Player).

#46 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

As an assault you have to focus on positioning first and foremost. Try to stay in the center mass of your team for 75 percent of the game. Moving from cover to cover depending on the situation. Try your best not to fall behind..some other pilots in this thread have some really good points about not being a pop warrior. Generally it's good to stay on the move unless your likely to take ct fire from 2 or more Mechs. Having heat sustain is good as well so when you do leave cover and be the tip of the spear you can maintain fire suppression for the bulk of your team. As an assault I like to key on the other assaults/heavies in my unit and ecm Mechs always try to be within 100 meters of these guys. Positioning is everything in an assault, being the slowest has the downside of being left behind. Communicating with your team is pivotal as well. If you see a flank opportunity call it out and hope like hell your team has their heat low to push with you. Patience comes into play, as well as battle awareness. Knowing where the enemies assaults are located and keeping the enemy on their toes with your position. Surprise is your most powerful ability. We have all had a moment in battle where we are scouting along then come over a hill or around a corner to be looking at several atlas's with significant fire support. Being able to coordinate a trap or unexpected flank push with your team can give your team the advantage to win. All in all keep your wits about you and make sure your have some allies in your line of sight to keep the lights/mediums of your back.

#47 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 September 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Thanks 7.62 NATO. I am in a Unit that puts up with me, The Golden Foxes. http://darkjedi.org/club/FOX/ But I still play a lot of pugs since I'm in Tier 6 and I'm doing pilot trees and I find it hard to compete when dropping with them since the teams we play are also much better. I did look at Grog and I like it. The only problem is that God, in her wisdom, made me Allergic to Beer. I had a bad reaction to a pain injection about 7-8 years ago. So during tonight's Bronco's-Panther game, I'll be drinking green tea..... There were some other units I was looking at before the Golden Foxes took pity on me. Some were more laid back like "The White Widows"(NY City based), The Lowryders" (out of L.A.), "The Northern Lights"(a Canadian based Unit), "The AK-47's" (Russian based), "Amsterdam Haze" (out of the Netherlands) and "The Great White Sharks (Australia/New Zealand) among others. Other were more "Energetic" so to say. Like "Old Skool"(mostly players from the beginning of the game), "White LSD"(Logistics Support Detachment), "Super Lemon Diesel"(Detroit based) and one I really liked named "Strawberry Cough" (South Africa based).

I get nothing for this?

Tough room....

#48 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:50 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 31 August 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

Its simple, in Quick Play the role of the assaults is to get left behind when the team starts to Nascar and then get picked of by some Lights/Mediums.

Hey if you pug with a slow fatmech, dems da breaks. Plan and move accordingly. Otherwise roll Kodiak, Gargles, xl400 Banshee/Battlemaster.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users