#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,961 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostArugela, on 02 September 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

I was hoping for the free zoom from the command console and very fast target info etc. And If i use er large lasers I can snipe if I want. I can get them to 1485 range.

And I play this atm:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...279a40d6f3b4e47

This is what I'm upgrading from. so a KGC-000 is a big upgrade! 8)

Haha! Yeah, that's a big adjustment - but your experiences in a Commando should serve you well as an Assault driver. I've spent a lot of time in my Spider, and I have very rarely found a Light pilot that I have trouble with.

The zoom and such just aren't so good - in general the Command Console is just the poor man's Clan Targeting Computer, and should be left out of most builds. I actually have one in a Marauder of mine, because literally nothing else will fit. It's a fun build, though; you can't go toe to toe with most people, but you can get to a fight in a hurry, and generally pick which fights you want to be in.

Edit: jacked up the Smurfy bookmark somehow - fixed it now.

Edited by Void Angel, 02 September 2016 - 11:58 AM.

#22 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostArugela, on 02 September 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

Here, I made a KGC-0000. But I had to use XL engines again to get the weapons on it. ><

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e50b25a255f312d
or
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6689af6ee5003a7

The large pulse lasers would be in one or two groups on the backspace fire mode.

I would love to take credit, but I sadly didn't make any of those videos! 8)

Ok... So... Remove the MGs! Wow... 2 MGs???? Wtf is your obsession with MGs on a king crab? You are not a fast moving commando... Completelly remove them! Also, bring your LPL count to 3. Get rid of the streaks... Ditch the BAP... Remove the XL... Why even ask for help on builds if you wont take any advice... You mechs are absolutelly awfull...

You know what, at this point, I know your trolling... You literally are in this thread to waste peoples time. If you seriously wanted help, you wouldnt keep posting this nonsense.

View PostArugela, on 02 September 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

I was hoping for the free zoom from the command console and very fast target info etc. And If i use er large lasers I can snipe if I want. I can get them to 1485 range.

And I play this atm:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...279a40d6f3b4e47

This is what I'm upgrading from. so a KGC-000 is a big upgrade! 8)

Your playing a LRM commando? Lies... No one plays that kind of garbage! And if you did, you wouldnt have enough C-bills to afford an xl engine king crab. It would take either a billion games, or you would have to pay MC to buy c-bills.

--------------
Edit:
--------------

Ok lets pretend you are serious with your posts for a second...

You arent even upgrading from that commando to the king crab... Your commando build is much better then all your king crab posts...

(Also, if those are the mechs you want to play, your problem is your accuracy, which means you wont be able to hit with mgs anyway since they are hitscan weapons. You need to Lower your in game mouse sensitivity far far to the left!)

Edited by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, 02 September 2016 - 05:12 PM.

#23 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

OK, how is this as a gauss crab then:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3eb48b6fe0fbf99
XL 300 engine for weight but has short medium and long range. it has both machine guns and gauss for long range... And it uses all the slots in this version so I don't go insane.

Here is one with 3 different gun types:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d4e9e6596847a5c <- No idea how this would work out but it has the recommended heat minimum of 36%.

You can also remove one tone of ammo and put leg armor up to full on either build. I'm assuming the Gauss build is better. I also wanted medium pulse but didn't want to sacrifice more ammo. Der.. and switch some of the ammo around if needed. I didn't notice I had two asm ammo's when it could only have one. Or take out ASM and put in pulse medium lasers etc.

Obviously it will help when I finally get one and drive it a bit...

Is it better to have SRM artemis or normal SRM?:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a61844a2394e6b8
vs
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5a6fc4051f8a685
Is this extra ammo worth it?

Edited by Arugela, 02 September 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#24 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:23 PM

View PostArugela, on 02 September 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

OK, how is this as a gauss crab then:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3eb48b6fe0fbf99
XL 300 engine for weight but has short medium and long range. it has both machine guns and gauss for long range... And it uses all the slots in this version so I don't go insane.

Here is one with 3 different gun types:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d4e9e6596847a5c &lt;- No idea how this would work out but it has the recommended heat minimum of 36%.

You can also remove one tone of ammo and put leg armor up to full on either build. I'm assuming the Gauss build is better. I also wanted medium pulse but didn't want to sacrifice more ammo.

Obviously it will help when I finally get one and drive it a bit...

Yup, obvious troll.

#25 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:18 PM

Ok! Got a slot and I'm saving up for a KGC-000!

How is this build. It's expensive... It has 4 machine guns!!! 8D But I think I can get it eventually. I'll call it SNIPER CRAB! I've been playing Kodiak's and I've got to see some different layouts. I kept everything but the sniper guns short range. It has decent total damage and decent DPS. Reminds me of those 50's cartoons of crabs rolling in off the shore and pulling guns out of their shells!

It's weird trying to put together a big IS mech now after all the firepower I can stick into Clan mech. And yes it has an xl engine. But after playing kodiaks. I don't see how you can't if you want actual firepower in an IS mech. It's insane.

Maybe I should call it Super Sneaky Sniper Crab!<-modified for Streaks and long range trageting! If it had 6-8 legs and could walk like a crab really quick in any direction it would make my day! Why don't they have none bipedal mechs?!

And why on gods earth did they give it an AC/20 bonus and 6 hardpoints...? I cannot figure this out.

Edit:(KGC-0000)

Here is a surprisingly high damage crab... / wextraHS / w smalls Would need alot of chain-fire though.

Edited by Arugela, 12 September 2016 - 07:53 PM.

#26 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

oh no arugela why do you do this to us?

remember this is a team game, and you are still bringing a big mech with xl engine and machineguns;

if you want to shoot dakkas fast then get 4ac5 but preferably in my opinion 6 ac2 and alpha 12 damage over and over, using full ac2 range.

#27 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...10a78f17ba49cc7

with this you can go pretty fast, shoot alphas of 12 at 1000 meters every 0.72 seconds over and over.
ammo is good for 900 dmg

#28 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

Ok, I'm back to crabs again. I may buy them in the next month if I can save the money.

How is this compared to my old builds. I've been playing kodiaks so hopefully they have improved.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6364fcf878c624a

XL engine for speed and weight. I have base 100 seconds of LBX10 fire and 50 seconds of each LRM2 and Machine gun with 7.5 DPS combined of in close nearly 0 heat fire for short range. the longer range is 2xLPL's plus 2xLB10s. I put the ammo in the legs hoping that removed the need for case. And I'm used to Kodiaks now. the Heat is 41% when maxed out. I know the engine can blow up but if you play smart...

Or this if you really want to live on the edge:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b608f9b3783d8dc

They would both sink up the LBX-10's to 2 seconds per shot with LBX-10 CD module. And the second build also has SPL's taht would also be 2 second CD after bonuses. The first build does like 3 alpha strikes in the heat ammount and this second build can alpha strike 6.2 times. Both not counting heat reduction over time.

this for 15.5DPS
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...64dd8f8ef582a77
STD Full Brawler:
1 / 2 / 3 <- #3 XLengine+Beagle Probe

All weapons would be sinked to 2 second CD's for constant super low heat alphas.

Edited by Arugela, 18 November 2016 - 03:10 PM.

#29 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 02 September 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Ok... So... Remove the MGs! Wow... 2 MGs???? Wtf is your obsession with MGs on a king crab? You are not a fast moving commando... Completelly remove them! Also, bring your LPL count to 3. Get rid of the streaks... Ditch the BAP... Remove the XL... Why even ask for help on builds if you wont take any advice... You mechs are absolutelly awfull...

You know what, at this point, I know your trolling... You literally are in this thread to waste peoples time. If you seriously wanted help, you wouldnt keep posting this nonsense.

Honestly, most of Arug's builds are flat out rubbish.

Just doesn't get how build synergy works.

For any new players out there, quite simply - do not use his builds. They will teach you bad mech build habits (XL in a KGC is just, suicide)

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 November 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#30 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostArugela, on 18 November 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Ok, I'm back to crabs again. I may buy them in the next month if I can save the money.

How is this compared to my old builds. I've been playing kodiaks so hopefully they have improved.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6364fcf878c624a

XL engine for speed and weight. I have base 100 seconds of LBX10 fire and 50 seconds of each LRM2 and Machine gun with 7.5 DPS combined of in close nearly 0 heat fire for short range. the longer range is 2xLPL's plus 2xLB10s. I put the ammo in the legs hoping that removed the need for case. And I'm used to Kodiaks now. the Heat is 41% when maxed out. I know the engine can blow up but if you play smart...

Or this if you really want to live on the edge:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b608f9b3783d8dc

They would both sink up the LBX-10's to 2 seconds per shot with LBX-10 CD module. And the second build also has SPL's taht would also be 2 second CD after bonuses. The first build does like 3 alpha strikes in the heat ammount and this second build can alpha strike 6.2 times. Both not counting heat reduction over time.

this for 15.5DPS
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...64dd8f8ef582a77

What rubbish T5 builds are those?

1. XL again
2. MGs
3. SRM2 with Arty? Come on...
4. DPS is only decent, if you actually live long enough to deal it out.
5. You surely are not using LBX10s at LPL range? You're basically sandblasting a mech @ 450m... Achieving zero.
6. What good is sustained 15DPS if you're dead in 15 seconds and unable to actually put out the damage?

In T5 those builds probably work. T3 and above, forget it.

If you wanna improve those builds, and actually be useful. Try a build like THIS

1. No XL KGC
2. Actually packs a decent punch under 300M - As that is where the LBX is going to shine.

I've got far better builds for KGCs, I enjoy running them, but yeah XL is just a flat no-no. Plus with decent attention to building them, you don't NEED to run XL.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 November 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#31 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

What about these builds?

STD Full Brawler:
1 / 2 / 3 <- #3 XLengine+Beagle Probe

All weapons would be sinked to 2 second CD's for constant super low heat alphas.

#32 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

And this for instance is how you build a Brawler "0000"

Or to sort out the MG Fetish 0000

Both are insane brawlers. You pick your time correctly, you will pretty much kill 2 mechs on your own as you crank out that much focused DMG due to the quirks (+CD modules), it's absurd.

You can apply similar builds to the Triple-OHB as well, obviously varying to suit the hardpoints, one such build

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 November 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#33 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Weapons profiles don't match in terms of range and goal (sure weapons are to kill the enemy but there is a thing called strategy thats behind your selection of weapons) XL on a Kingcrab is ...scrap

This if you feel the boring one
This if you feel daring
And this if you feel like trolling
And last .. maybe even least this for you tending to use all hardpoints.

View PostArugela, on 18 November 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

What about these builds?

Too slow to bring the short range weapons to bear and additionally you waste too much tonnage on weapons and equipment you wont use 95 % of the time.

Edit says:
Brawling with an Assault is situational and demands for your team to not hinder you, engage the enemy prior to your self so you can get in range and still dishing out not toooooo much dmg so you can get a shot at the enemy before everyone is dead...or your team is dead and you get group A.. F....

Edited by The Basilisk, 18 November 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#34 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

My default set up on the 000B and 0000 is the normal 300 standard engine (or slightly larger) 2xLB10Xs and 3-4 ASRM6s. Add ammo and heat sinks to taste with a couple of lasers for backup.

The 000 is a different animal, it's more ballistic based hard point and quirk wise. Quad ultra 5s is always a good choice on the 000, or 6xAC2s just for giggles.

Never use machine guns on an assault, they require facetime and do next to no damage to armor. They're finishing/harassing weapons for fast agile mechs, and even then their usefulness is questionable.

#35 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 18 November 2016 - 03:18 PM, said:

And this for instance is how you build a Brawler "0000"

Or to sort out the MG Fetish 0000

Both are insane brawlers. You pick your time correctly, you will pretty much kill 2 mechs on your own as you crank out that much focused DMG due to the quirks (+CD modules), it's absurd.

You can apply similar builds to the Triple-OHB as well, obviously varying to suit the hardpoints, one such build

But in your brawler build you can do 72 damage that is not focused in 8 seconds. My build can do 116 pin point damage at close range plus cause you to heat up and not fire in that same 8 seconds face to face. I'm assuming that is superior.

Edited by Arugela, 18 November 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#36 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

Hi there Arugela, I do notice you still building your Inner Sphere Mechs as if they were Clan Mechs, also I did see in your builds that you try to experiment with unusual weapons, In all seriousness the game is in a stale state to the point where experimentation is pretty much over. Trying to stand out is left for the lore players and there is not many due to the PvP nature of the game.

Justcallme A S H gave you good effective builds which can dish out ridiculous amounts of damage which in turn will be a great pay out, depending of your average skill in the game those kind of builds can easy give you 1.2 million CBills per 4-5 matches.

So unless the builds he suggested don't appeal to you, you may try the lore path, which is like Justcallme A S H wrote: varying to suit the hardpoints, so in this case a more mixed load out may suit you more.

don't put all with the numbers with Smurfys Mechlab, best way is to try it.

Edited by TheLuc, 18 November 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#37 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostArugela, on 18 November 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

But in your brawler build you can do 72 damage that is not focused in 8 seconds. My build can do 116 pin point damage at close range plus cause you to heat up and not fire in that same 8 seconds face to face. I'm assuming that is superior.

I can leg a mech (Med) in one shot if light on armour. Hvy in 2 shots or if you position right and come behind, almost insta-kill. Or you can strip whatever torso you are looking at. The SRM spread is tight with +A and the KGC mounts. It is pin-point enough at 150m - I can assure you of that as I run the Brawler KGC and basically aim legs. 4 alpha's for the most part kills everything except assaults... If you find an assault skinny on leg armour, you can 2 shot it.

Plus with LBX's, you are not pinpoint unless you are literally in the face of the enemy and the KGC arm convergence at super close range isn't the best. So you aren't really as pinpoint as you think.

Also - the big one - you are looking at Smurfy wrong. The sustained DPS is how much damage you can do, over time. Not how fast you shoot your alpha.

Smurfy also does not take into account any mech quirks (or CD modules). My KGC brawler can pump out it's 63points of damage, roughly every ~6 seconds once quirk and CD modules are taken into account. Now you tell me how many mechs are going to live with 126 points of dmg in 6 seconds, not many. If they do, they have at least half their weaponry gone.

After the 2nd alpha, I can tell you that you cannot do a 3rd. You have to stop using the MPL and stick to SRMs to cool off a bit but you are still a devastator. Trust me Posted Image

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 November 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#38 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

So, i was thinking about how i would fit a MG KGC, and came out with :

KGC-000

Or as an alternative :

KGC-000

Edited by Helene de Montfort, 18 November 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#39 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

Wasted tonnage... You really are never going to be within 90m of something long enough to make use of it. LRMs, 180m.

Better off with more cooling or a faster engine to stay at range to make your loadout fully useful

This is one option where MG will actually be useful however, again, because a brawler and one alpha will generally open anything up and then you let the MGs rip so you can crit it to death. Mate of mine runs it, it is a bit hotter and closer effective range than the one I posted earlier, both are super effective either way at their role.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 November 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#40 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:10 AM

following the ideas that Helene had, why not this ?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d212fccbfd5ed3f

or this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b35fb246f39ca41

I have to admit that ASH posted really potent damage dealer setups so far.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users