Glad MW:O is PC only - so let's make fun about what it would be like on a console

40 replies to this topic

Poll: Gaming platforms (88 member(s) have cast votes)

I want to play MW:O on:

1. PC (54 votes [61.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.36%

2. PC (34 votes [38.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Scabrous

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Fun, what the hell is wrong with you. Video games are fun to play on things that are designed to play video games.

#22 Rixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Powerups!

Teabagging!

Regenerative armor and shields!

No targetting of various parts of the mech, just 1 overall 'health' meter.

#23 OrbitalshocK

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA USA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Day 1: 15 year old cries about quickscoping not working in this game.

Day 2: 18 year old girl gets 15 friend requests every 15 seconds for saying a single word via mic.

day 3: Atlas falls to the ground, obliterated by a real Mechwarrior; Blackscreen....BLEEP. Finding new Host....*** he dashboarded.

Day 4: servers upgraded to withstand the stress of a 4v4 battle instead of the regular console 2v2 on 500sq ft. map.

day 5: ***, i only have one fire button?!!?

Day 6: God of War character available as mech pilot.

Day 7(only positive thing): New Xbox live avatar turns your avatar into a 'mech.

Day 8: Achievement successfully unlocked: Finish an entire match without leaving

Day 9: WHAT THE HELL, WHERE IS MY KNIFE.

Edited by OrbitalshocK, 18 July 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#24 Creed Buhallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

You know the really funny part about this thread?

That the PC community thinks it's any better.

#25 OrbitalshocK

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

The Pc

View PostCreed Buhallin, on 18 July 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

The PC community IS better?? name one way the console community is better. It's not even a community. Who actually adds people when they see them once. I've played with the same person maybe twice unless it's one of those games that only 100 people play.

#26 OrbitalshocK

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

can't chat, have to get on a PC to chat it up or find advice on a game. have to PC it up to find hints, tips, stategies, organize a gaming clan/guild/group, in order to set up a scrimmage it's nearly impossible.

Even bigshots like major league gaming only have like 5 matches a day total in even the most popular of games like call of duty or battlefield.

there is no competition, no community, no help, no gaming groups other than the random group of 5 real life friends in the same clan you see once in a blue moon on the other team.

there is no advancement of technology, graphics, gameplay, or any other ideal we PC gamers hold in high esteem.

hell, you can't even talk to others because some jacka&# left his mic on and is breathing like a wildabeast into it which results in lots of people just automuting everyone.

#27 VooDooPC

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I think it would be something like this:
Posted Image

#28 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostVulpesveritas, on 17 July 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

So was I. I've played 1 through Last Raven. (doing a walkthrough on 1 now) But I've seen a good number of people do those before, especially with pre-Nexus controls.

I could never find last raven, and due to some a**hate stealing most my ps2 games, I have no more armored core 2-3 and the expansion, I had FOUR games worth of parts on a memory card taht was also stolen x.x

#29 MSIhentai

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts
  • Locationゆめせかい

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostRed squirrel, on 17 July 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

What about: When cored, mechs drop red health orbs or blue cooling orbs you can then pick up.

You mean like this ?

#30 Khorloch

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationA Dark and Scary Place

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostExilyth, on 18 July 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Warning: The following text is satire, it does in no way represent valid opinions or anything resembling the likelihood of reality.

You put in the game you just bought and start your console. Greeting you is the usual wall of logos followed by an intro. The game is set some thousand years in the future and features giant stompy robots. Some guys named "word of blake" kidnap the princess and hide her in another castle. They all wear white and fullfill the roel of the stereotypical antagonist. You see a planet. A spaceship appears out of nowhere.

The main menu gives you the choice between "New game" and "credits". Choosing new game, you are asked what difficulty you would like to play at. Being turned of by "interactive movie with godmode", "interactive movie" and "like halo, but easier", you decide to play the game on "makes five year olds cry". With such a manly description, it must be pretty hard.

In another intro sequence you see the white guys from the first intro hop into their 'mechs'. Not statisfied with doing lots of evil, they do some more evil for the sake of being evil. A newsperson is telling you what must have been the history so far. The game tells you to "Press (X) to skip intro". Following the instructin, you get to a loading screen.

Finally, you're in the game...

You are the stereotypical male protagonist. Being a good soldier and a true patriot, you silently and carefully listen while your commanding officer briefs you on the mission. Of course, you're in a jumpship orbiting the planet you're about to invade. Standing in front of the holo table, you follow your superiors explanation of the vaguely generic valley you're about to use as a LZ.

Suddenly, you look back at your superiors face. Behind him, outside the briefing rooms window, you see a planet. The briefing is over and you are switched into some kind of third person perspective. A message on the bottom of the screen informs you to "use [left stick] to move around.". You run forward, right into the holotable. Another message urges you to "use [shoulder buttons] to look around." Looking around, you see an exit. As you run towards the exit, your character suddenly stops. A message informs you "You need to talk to your teammates before leaving the briefing room." After a clearly sexistic dialog with the female love interest, an incredibly punny chat with the stereotype warrior and a conversation with your XO that is vaguely bordering on the homoerotic you can finally leave.

Of course, the only corridor leads to the mech hangar. A lonely mechanic mops the floor, but... there she is. What a beauty! 30 tons of heavy metal love, draped in the shiniest shader effects the hardware can handle. Not needing the "Climb to the cockpit and press (A) to enter" instruction, you take a seat and begin the initiation sequence. A robotic yet strangely female voice treads you to the usual startup sequence: "Reactor - online... Armor - online... tractor beam for powerups - online..." as your mech comes to live.

According to the status displays, you are equipped with a lava cannon, a hairdrier and a hacking device and "Use [left stick] to move around. Use (X) to do a barrel roll. Use (Y) to engage enhanced imaging.". Looking around the hangar, you see a big green arrow flying around, pointing at the only way out. Moving towards the exit without noticing the "Protip: move towards the hangar door to exit the hangar". Out of a sudden...

... you are teleported onto the planets surface. At least that's what must have happened during the loading screen. Anyway...

The most generic rolling hills you've ever seen lie before you. In the distance, you can make out what look like the silhouette of the generic enemy base. You can't really tell, with all the fog it could be a starleague cache, a hpg station or a bunch of ... oh! A red radar blip shows up on your sensors, accompanied by "Your radar shows the locations of enemies and friends.". A box emerges from the fog and takes on the shape of a vehicle. You nearly miss "Press (X) to fire your lava cannons. Press (L2) + (X) + [Left stick] to use the hairdrier." as your crosshar takes on a life of its own: with infallible accuracy, you aim for the vehicle. Just as the generic generic blur of rock/metal/hiphop/polka music starts to play, you push the button. The vehicle explodes like it must have been loaded with nuclear weapons.

The big green arrow reappears and points toward the fog. You follow the arrow along the only path you can take, blow up some other vehicles and finally reach a wall. Using all the finger yoga skills you possess, you "Press (L2) + (X) + [Left stick] to use the hairdrier", which turns out to be some kind of plasma weapon. Moving forward, you attempt to cross the gap.

Suddenly, the screen freezes. Out of nowhere, an enemy atlas appears near you and grabs your mech in a headlock like a prowrestler. Blinking button aymbols appear at the bottom of your screen, accompanied by "Press the right buttons to win meelee!". After a few tries (and repeating the mission a few times), you finally win the 'simon says' minigame. As a result, you are presented with what must be a pre rendered cutscene, because the game looks nothing like it. Anyway, it seems the way meele works is that you pull a giant knife from your mechs utility belt and repeatedly stab the atlas to death.

Back to the normal graphics, you start exploring the base, which consists of a few generic buildings and a mechhangar, whithin which you find... a Flea. What follows is a stealth section where you must evade patroulling enemies. Using the super stealth cloak pickup right at the start of the section, you just run through this part of the level. You can see strange markings right in a place where you can't go any futher and...

... you are teleported back onto the ship. At least that's what must have happened during the loading screen. Anyway...

... back in the hangar, you're shown a score board according to which you gained 9000 wobbillls and salvaged a rotary long tom and a shield generator. Maybe you can ask the engineer guy to instal... nope. According to the equipment screen, only collossal class mechs can mount the items you found. With a little help of "Make sure to visit the briefing room between missions", the big green arrow reminds you to check out the briefing room.

After half an hour of unskippable dialoge and cutscenes, you leave for your next mission. You now have the choice between piloting a Ragnarok and a Ragnarock II. Instead of the Ragnarock II you see an empty mech cocoon. A floating message informs you that "This content is available in the optional more-of-the-same-but-with-pink-bowties dlc package, so you pick the Ragnarock.

Back on the planet, you stare at a generic dessert. Following the green arrow, you come to a river that blocks your path, but by "pressing (X) + (L1) while doing a handstand toggles your jumpjets" you easily overcome this obstacle. On the other side, you land your mech by executing the combo again. You just want to move onwards, as a cut scene starts to explain why your teammates can't cross the river and will meet you later although they, too, pilot Ragnarocks.

A few generic dunes later, you reach another river. Just as you search for a place to land on the other side, an enemy Axeman jumps out of a bush and runs towards your mech. Standing below your mech, it turns in its place.

Unable to land, you just decide to fly through the rest of the level, it's not like you could get lost anyway. Out of a sudden, the game freezes again. Instead of a cut scene, you see.... nothing. The game just froze.

After mashing some more buttons, you restart your console.

Nothing happens.

Finally looking at your console, you see the fiery sign of death: RROD.

Well, at least now you don't have to play the nuke defusal minigame that consists of challenging the bad white guys to a dance competition.

I needed a good laugh today.

#31 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostCreed Buhallin, on 18 July 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

PC Master race thank you very much. If it wasn't for PCs consoles wouldn't even be around. Sorry, all that gaming software has to be developed on something...oh hey. ;)

Want to buy a console hack for 1800 M$ points? WHY WON'T YOU STOP USING HEART BEAT SENSORS AND SILENCER ON YOUR MECH?! GOD THAT IS SO UNFAIR.

#32 Creed Buhallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 18 July 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

PC Master race thank you very much. If it wasn't for PCs consoles wouldn't even be around. Sorry, all that gaming software has to be developed on something...oh hey. ;)

And this has what to do with anything?

Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying the console community is all that great. I'm saying the PC community is just as bad. Honestly, the only real difference is that voice chat was pretty automatic, so it was harder to ignore people on the console.

I have to admit the irony of watching tribe go on about how superior they are because they aren't the nasty, mean types of players you find on the other side - by being nasty. It's a rather self-defeating argument.

But hey, don't let me stop you - you were doing such a good job expressing your tribe's superiority by, what was it? Bashing on microtransactions, right? Good thing you'll never see that sort of thing on the PC.

#33 Godhand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLazer Park, NY

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

#34 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostCreed Buhallin, on 18 July 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying the console community is all that great. I'm saying the PC community is just as bad. Honestly, the only real difference is that voice chat was pretty automatic, so it was harder to ignore people on the console.

I have to admit the irony of watching tribe go on about how superior they are because they aren't the nasty, mean types of players you find on the other side - by being nasty. It's a rather self-defeating argument.

But hey, don't let me stop you - you were doing such a good job expressing your tribe's superiority by, what was it? Bashing on microtransactions, right? Good thing you'll never see that sort of thing on the PC.

Well I could say one point I prefer things on pc is you have more of a "controller" layout for the keys, more options to keybind certain things in game. Where as a controller only has a small ammount of buttons for everything in game

#35 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostCreed Buhallin, on 18 July 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hehe, nice try.

First, I never said anything or bashed on Micro Transactions and I don't think anyone on this thread has. I don't know how much I've dumped into League of Legends or a couple of other games for cosmetic items.

Second I was just stating my opinion compared to yours.

If you don't like it oh well. Plenty of room here for us all.

#36 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Great response to this thread so far.
Altough I am quite amazed it took only about 24 posts to get off-topic.
So please fellow warriors get back to making fun of what MW:O would be like on a console.

And the "The console community is so cool people" please go and complain in the "The PC community is so superior" thread
I just opened up especially for you (In case there are not enough buttons on your controller to start a thread. :))

http://mwomercs.com/...is-so-superior/

Edited by Red squirrel, 18 July 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#37 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Apparently it's impossible to enjoy both PC and console games, especially, gasp, both in the same day? Played some Halo earlier, now about to fire up a PC game (having trouble deciding which at the moment). :)

#38 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Did this guy get brutally assaulted by a PS3 as a child?

Us supposedly "mature" PC gamers should be ashamed to have people like this with us. The elitist "holier than thou" attitude sickens me. We are not the superior and pure Aryan race fit to have our hands on a video game.

Edited by Zakatak, 18 July 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#39 Lipot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Well I am glad that MW:O is on pc and not a console. But if it ever did get a console port, I hope that it would be for the ps3 and not the xbox. Plus I would want all of those peons in the same servers as us. Unfortunately there is not a lot of console people want to face the fact that their xbox or playstation is just a restricted pc. Hell I remember when the first xbox came out. People were buying them to remove the cpu's as it was a Pentium 933 unlocked and was cheaper to buy the xbox then to buy the processor on its own. The only thing consoles have going for them is that due to the nature of hardware restrictions (meaning no upgrades) and standardized operating systems (no linux/Mac OS X) it is easier to code.

#40 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostRixx, on 18 July 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Powerups!

Teabagging!

Regenerative armor and shields!

No targetting of various parts of the mech, just 1 overall 'health' meter.

Because no PC games have these mechanics, right guys?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users