Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:45 AM

Get in your LURM Boats and leave your brain at the doors

#162 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:56 AM

An event that makes you do all the WRONG things. I have done every event offered while playing.... yet I am not going along with this one. I just can't stand it.

#163 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:02 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 03 September 2016 - 04:45 AM, said:

Get in your LURM Boats and leave your brain at the doors

i have my streakdog, just to get the 3rd person.

But...

Russ Bullock on TWITTER said:

Hearing your reports of the 3PV aspect of the event not working correctly - will see if the team can investigate over the weekend

Just great.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 03 September 2016 - 05:03 AM.

#164 Burdin

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:02 AM

"The Flea" challenge is really bugged, I have 5 kills in 3 matches, survived, won, started with 3rdPV (wich is pretty bad) and it counted just one match, please don't tell me that you must have exactelly 1 kill, if you have more, it doesn't count?
Pease fix it, I don't want to repeat it anymore, it's really, really bad view (sometimes I cannot see my target because I see back of my MECH)

#165 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:08 AM

THe Flea Challenge ist really bugging me, since the target reticle istn't standing still and locks for LRMs are some kind of "maybe you're lucky, maybe not" thing...

#166 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:11 AM

View PostBurdin, on 03 September 2016 - 05:02 AM, said:

"The Flea" challenge is really bugged, I have 5 kills in 3 matches, survived, won, started with 3rdPV (wich is pretty bad) and it counted just one match, please don't tell me that you must have exactelly 1 kill, if you have more, it doesn't count?
Pease fix it, I don't want to repeat it anymore, it's really, really bad view (sometimes I cannot see my target because I see back of my MECH)

I guess it doesn't count if you kill more than 1 in a match!!

#167 Burdin

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:42 AM

I played some more matches and one thing I can say for sure, person who came up with idea of Third Person View challenge is mentally sick and shouldn't work on this game anymore.
I'm quiting from this challenge, I like this game and don't want to have it ruined because of 3 days of premium time.

#168 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

Looks like a fun event! Enjoy the fact that we are seeing events on a regular basis.

#169 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:52 AM

Guys seriously if you don't like the challenge ... just ignore it ? Its a nice change even if I'm probably going to not try running after it, but as said in the 1st pages some challenges based on MW lore would be nice.

But the "Sensory Deprivation" one ECM (Counter Mode) one seems to have a bug as I have counted once while haven't played ECM Mechs. I'm guessing it in some ways counts "Hawkins Energy" (UAV one) results as its own.

Edited by Saobh, 03 September 2016 - 05:53 AM.

#170 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:58 AM

And how should I ignore the the challenge if half my team is in 3rd person and the other half in LRM boats? Pls do tell.

#171 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:02 AM

I would be really happy, if there were no challenges for some time, because im starting to get tired of one challenge chasing the next. The FW queues are terrible at the moment...

#172 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:14 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 03 September 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

And how should I ignore the the challenge if half my team is in 3rd person and the other half in LRM boats? Pls do tell.

Well the other team is also half & half so ... adapt to the changing warscape ;)

#173 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 03 September 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

LOL im wetting myself laughing imagining you saying that IRL

#174 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:30 AM

It can be quite challenging for sure Posted Image

#175 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:34 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 03 September 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

btw, just a heads up PGI. Will disconnect in every match on Polar right away. Go ahead and ban me, this bs event is the best time to get banned anyway.

Don't know. Never liked Polar as I'm a brawler. But during this event it is quite funny to play polar. Most people are clueless because they have no minimap (are in 3rd person).
Nice fights till now.

#176 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:03 AM

You'd think after 8 pages of people pointing out the 3rd person bug, plus all the other threads about it...someone would finally NOT post about it... but nope...here we are page nine and more people posting about it. Why bother to read a thread to see if its already been covered.

Also as to D V's useless events review... PGI doesn't have to provide an event at all. I believe they weren't planning one for this weekend since they probably rightly expected reasonable mature folks to want to be not sitting at a computer this, the last long weekend of summer in north america. But folks kept clamoring for one because...well...they have no lives I guess... so they threw this thing together. Well apparently its got HARD achievement goals... so now of course... people complain again.

Is it just SO hard for people to just play as they would normally play if an event wasn't happening, and accept graciously anything they might get in rewards, without having an aneurysm trying to chase something ??? The prizes aren't that spectacular anyway. 331 total MC, half a million c-bills, 3 days of premium time, 4 caches and 4 keys, and a boatload of cockpit items. I played the same 20 odd games last night I was going to play anyway, mastered skilled two of my assaults, and finished two of the achievements for the event. If I don't get every achievement reward...whoopy.... my life will go on fine without those rewards. Anyone arguing for more time might as well just outright say they, and others, have no real lives and that this game is all that matters in the world.

And compared to the personal challenge goals that have gotten easier the last few events... an event's achievements shouldn't be so simple as to be done in a handful of matches. The "personal" challenge to the cyclops leaderboard was a joke for completion time. In my first 6 completed games I got 12 KMDDs (the goal was 5), 2194 match score (goal was 2,500), 26 kill assists (goal was 10), 3517 damage (the goal was 2,500), 12,166 XP (goal was 5,000), 1,578,699 C-bills (goal was 2,000,000). The first two matches were in the CP-11-A and got me the XP/KMDD and KMDD against cyclops challenges finished. The next four were in the CP-11-AS and got me the total damage, and kill assist goals. The seventh game, also in the AS variant, got me to the match score/quick play victories achievements, and the eight game (again in the AS variant) got me to the C-bills goal total. Kill assists are always the easist goal to achieve. If you have even a single LRM 5, or any long range direct fire weapon, simply make it a point to fire at every enemy mech you see get locked or you see on the screen. Even a 5 point love tap will count as an assist. A smart sniper with a pair of ER LLs (like a raven or a cheetah or spider) on chain fire should be able to tap the whole opposing team on many maps in under a minute if they position themselves right.

View PostRaubwurst, on 03 September 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

Don't know. Never liked Polar as I'm a brawler. But during this event it is quite funny to play polar. Most people are clueless because they have no minimap (are in 3rd person).
Nice fights till now.

not to mention the 3rd person view drone camera has a BLINKER on it, that you can see from thousands of meters beyond radar range...

Edited by Dee Eight, 03 September 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#177 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostZandel Corrin, on 02 September 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

Yes I think this should be "At Least 1 Kill" not only 1.... this means that to get this challenge you have to get that kill then go hide like a noob. Serious PGI why encourage people to play badly?

because PGI doesn't understand good gameplay dynamics.

I stepped away for a week and came back last night. I have never had a more frustrating evening doing anything in my life.

#178 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 September 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

You'd think after 8 pages of people pointing out the 3rd person bug, plus all the other threads about it...someone would finally NOT post about it... but nope...here we are page nine and more people posting about it. Why bother to read a thread to see if its already been covered.

Also as to D V's useless events review... PGI doesn't have to provide an event at all. I believe they weren't planning one for this weekend since they probably rightly expected reasonable mature folks to want to be not sitting at a computer this, the last long weekend of summer in north america. But folks kept clamoring for one because...well...they have no lives I guess... so they threw this thing together. Well apparently its got HARD achievement goals... so now of course... people complain again.

Is it just SO hard for people to just play as they would normally play if an event wasn't happening, and accept graciously anything they might get in rewards, without having an aneurysm trying to chase something ??? The prizes aren't that spectacular anyway. 331 total MC, half a million c-bills, 3 days of premium time, 4 caches and 4 keys, and a boatload of cockpit items. I played the same 20 odd games last night I was going to play anyway, mastered skilled two of my assaults, and finished two of the achievements for the event. If I don't get every achievement reward...whoopy.... my life will go on fine without those rewards. Anyone arguing for more time might as well just outright say they, and others, have no real lives and that this game is all that matters in the world.

And compared to the personal challenge goals that have gotten easier the last few events... an event's achievements shouldn't be so simple as to be done in a handful of matches. The "personal" challenge to the cyclops leaderboard was a joke for completion time. In my first 6 completed games I got 12 KMDDs (the goal was 5), 2194 match score (goal was 2,500), 26 kill assists (goal was 10), 3517 damage (the goal was 2,500), 12,166 XP (goal was 5,000), 1,578,699 C-bills (goal was 2,000,000). The first two matches were in the CP-11-A and got me the XP/KMDD and KMDD against cyclops challenges finished. The next four were in the CP-11-AS and got me the total damage, and kill assist goals. The seventh game, also in the AS variant, got me to the match score/quick play victories achievements, and the eight game (again in the AS variant) got me to the C-bills goal total.

not to mention the 3rd person view drone camera has a BLINKER on it, that you can see from thousands of meters beyond radar range...

you are correct, sir.

Posted Image
and this is how i would clap to all those whine comments.
chris jericho ftw.

you are correct, sir.

#179 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:09 AM

First time I see demigorgon.... Both sides need to be going full Alphastrike on his behind. Great, now I need to really start checking buildings to see if that mother pops out... or if lights start lighting up in a line...

#180 dranozir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:13 AM

Playing Third view its not a challenge it just the best way to disgusting playing MWO.

You cant aim with this mod !

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users