Mechwarrior Things Event

543 replies to this topic

#241 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

The requirements for "the flea" (third person view challenge) has been reduced to 1 match.
Pilots who have completed it once will get this reward now.

Unfortunately, The text on the event page will not be changed to reflect this until Tuesday.

Keep in mind results can take time to show up. (up to 15 minutes)

#242 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:22 PM

We have confirmed that all these challenges do work (people have earned them).
If we discover that here was an unknown issue blocking these rewards all participant with at least 11 matches will receive the reward for the bugged challenge.

Matt

#243 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

Getting a weird issue with matches not counting- for example, my count for "Achieve a 'Capture Assist' at least once in an Assault or Conquest Match." is at four out of eleven, but scrolling through the list of games played, it lists five games where this has happened. The only other one I can confirm is bugged is "Survive a Quick Play Match in which you have depleted all of your Ammo." which is at one but should be at two.

#244 Vasili Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostAppogee, on 02 September 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

Some people should. That's a damned good deal - 70% off stock prices. That's the cheapest I've ever seen PGI sell anything.

I wish I didn't own every Mech (except Vindicators) just so I could buy them now Posted Image

(No, I'm not buying Vindicators at any discount.)

60% off.

I agree with the poster who wanted such events based on Battletech lore rather than pop culture. I do enjoy the current event and the Stranger Things thing but I'd prefer to immerse myself in Battletech.

#245 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

So, I'm about a day into playing this event, and just now after my last match I was awarded 3 days PT. For what, I don't know, because there is nothing on the leaderboard indicating that I earned such a prize. Damned happy to get the 3 days, but what gives?

#246 Jalthibuster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

May i suggest counting waiting time for CW matches as "match time"? Would give it at least a little purpose. Have like one hour waiting time now without a single drop.

#247 Tsar Bomba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:30 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 September 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

If we discover that here was an unknown issue blocking these rewards all participant with at least 11 matches will receive the reward for the bugged challenge.

Matt

In the end, I hope you're getting the metrics you need from this.
Thanks

#248 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 September 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Matt

Definitely not working as it should, that ******** 3rd person thingie does not show up - even after 30 minutes.

#249 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 September 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

The requirements for "the flea" (third person view challenge) has been reduced to 1 match.

Unfortunately, The text on the event page will not be changed to reflect this until Tuesday.

Nice, completed once and that was enough for me, was going to refuse to complete this component.

#250 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

Ah, I see now that PGI has changed the requirements for "Flea." Did not read that before I posted...thank you PGI

#251 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

"No, not cool." is broken. I can't get it at all.

#252 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:19 PM

The event is broken and PGI cannot even edit the front page text 'til thursday. Fits.

#253 Piith

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

am guessing this will happen , after we log in today ?

I just took a peek, and I'm still 0 of 3, but I haven't logged in yet. I'll do that now and come back later to check after 15+ minutes

ETA: or did I misread the text part, that we won't see the 3 of 3 till Tuesday, if that's the case, Posted Image . . Opps spoke too soon

Edited by Piith, 03 September 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#254 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:26 PM

Not sure which one is the error...

3PV on Archer/Warhammer is janky/bouncing up and down like nobody's business and causing motion sickness...
3PV on Kodiak is smooth (XL400 max speed) and quite okay.
Might be the ground with the pebbles causing the bounce up and down...heck, I was getting in/out for the Archer while climbing the hill on Alpine.

Also, seriously reposition the 3PV view for warhammer...having the small view between the LRM launchers is not cool.

Beyond the 3PV thingy, I say the rest of the things are ok and varied, and supposedly able to obtain multiples in 1 match.
Not sure about defensive kill though....haven't tried to kill someone on cap/base...

And to all Mechwarriors....use more UAVs....I need to shoot 1 done for 10 matches...

Edited by Hemholtz, 03 September 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#255 Cairbre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 163 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostTaffer, on 03 September 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

"No, not cool." is broken. I can't get it at all.

Doesn't that mean it's working as intended? Pgi will shake on it at the end if they screwed up.

#256 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

"Dustin Farted." QP/FP Have a total Match Time of 10 hours throughout the course of the event.

I understand why it's the bigger challenge of this event.
Play 10 hours with potatoes trying to achieve weird objectives it's really a big challenge.... Posted Image

#257 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

Almost too exhausting to read let alone play.

I think all challenges should be completable just by people playing as hard as they can to contribute to their team winning and just cut all the stupid sh!t.

#258 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Is the overheat/OverRide not working for anyone else? Getting to 2 of 3 was easy but its just stuck now. I know I have had a game in my hunchy and a game in my marauder that should qualify but it doesn't move.

#259 Crashking

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationIn Game

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

Well this is good to hear, but too bad many of the other challenge descriptions seem to be off.. like Narc/Tag - Cap assist (I am having issue with), the Override heat one I believe should have completed here as well -- Dropped a petition bomb, but as you stated it seem that the Site wont update until Tuesday and/or the petition even be looked at until then.

For the Cap assist .. I have a record of 5, but I look back through the match history listed and I can count 7 Cap assist. very Odd.

I seem to find with TAG/NARC where enemy needs to be destroyed, I manage to get an update if I am the one that gets the kill shot, though the description makes it seem like as long as he dies it should work.

Another of the challenges I seem to have issue with is the Counter ECM one... while you have a beagle in the mech since beagle has a farther area of effect even though I have gone to counter mode on ECM and got up close and personal.

Overall - things seem very messed up based on the descriptions and you need to become a rocket scientist to learn how to decode the challenges in order to complete them.

Well back to the grind, hoping I can get this stuff knocked out, though I'd rather be earning xp on new mechs.

#260 Crashking

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationIn Game

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostMirage Jenius, on 03 September 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

Overheat part is working fine, just turn on override at the start of the match, fire at the floor till you go over 100 percent heat and then turn it off and proceed normally.

Sorry no I did exactly this in my storm crow-b, even won and survived the match but I didn't get my 3rd update. just one of my other complaints here about how badly things are not working for this set of challenges.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users