#282 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:55 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 03 September 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

Definitely not working as it should, that ******** 3rd person thingie does not show up - even after 30 minutes.

With a second match fulfilling the requirement and no walls I was too close too (both at Tourmaline) I can now after my 6-hour sleep say: NOT working as intended, since none of them was counted.

#283 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:56 PM

Can we get some clarification of how the following work? Edit: I think I found some clarification, see links at end.

Achieve a 'Capture Assist' at least once in an Assault or Conquest Match.
-Does this work by capturing the enemy base in Assault and helping with its capture but not being on the base for the capture victory? When you help with a partial capture and you win by killing all enemy mechs it doesn't seem to count capture assist on the end of victory score screen...making it quite annoying to complete this portion of the event.

Achieve at least 1 Defensive Kill in a Match. (Does this only work on Assault or Conquest?)
-Does this mean that you have to kill an enemy mech while they are on their base or on your base in Assault game mode or you are both within the base perimeter or cap field?

A special thank-you to whom it may concern at PGI for setting up 3rd person view as part of the challenge...it took a massive amount of tries with the arms locked and limited field of view, no mini-map, and tracking that jumped from 20 to 40 degrees in the vertical. I tried so hard to aim well with gauss/erPPCs and laser vomit to no avail. It became a simple matter of luck and timing once I decided to scrub it up in a LRM'y HBK-4J. The pugs cried tears of salt and displeasure as metal rain blotted out the sun and wrecked havoc on enemy assault bundurus left behind. By far one of the most annoying and lusciously infuriating challenges this event...but perhaps a sign that 3PV could be drastically improved by allowing the mini-map and battle grid to function to give the pilot a sense of bearing and direction with regards to their mech and team. Allowing the same range of motion allowed in 1st person view is critical to make this game mode feel compelling to the end user. A pilots arms and smooth tracking are so important when aiming fine precision weapons and not merely hiding behind an ECM assault lance and raining LRM sky faps on enemy targets NARC'd by eager light pilots or TAG'd by myself.

95+ matches later...still not done with this event. Le-sigh. Curse you Capture Assists and Defensive kills you allude me to no end! Why does every pilot in MWO seemingly hate Conquest and or Assault capture victories? There is so much more cBills to be had in those game modes.

Edit: I think I found some useful information to help understand Capture Assists and Defensive Kills.
http://mwo.gamepedia.../Capture_Assist
http://mwo.gamepedia.../Defensive_Kill

Edited by Tekamen, 04 September 2016 - 12:02 AM.

#284 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:03 PM

I mean, the 3pv was really the worst one. The rest are ok, though the wording is super vague and the weird memes on the side don't really help.

#285 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

I'm not in this position as I own all the ECM mechs currently in game.

However, it does seem rather unfair to have events, where some of the achievements are, unobtainable to people without the equipment needed to complete, as these people are likely to be new starting players, same with the UAV detection, or coolant flush achievements 80k C-bills is petty cash to those of us that have been in the game for years, but not so a new start desperately clawing the C-bills together for another mech or a module so they can compete with the vets.

In future can you please avoid including targets that put these people at a severe disadvantage.

#286 Krellshand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:01 AM

So, had a fun first game in my VND 3rd person view, 600damage, 3 kills and overheating / KMD challenge all in one. But it did not register. Why?

#287 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:06 AM

This '3p viev' is unbelivable stupid... After that even i've going to hate 3p even more then i did before! Win a match with arms locked and no radar! What can be worse?! Add there 1 kill and SURVIVE ... Nothing! Nothing can be worse then this! 'Thanks" for a lot of wasted hours... no fun in this event - hard to track objectives, too low rewards and overall no sense in completing all "missions". No 'thanks' from me for that time.

#288 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 03 September 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

The requirements for "the flea" (third person view challenge) has been reduced to 1 match.
Pilots who have completed it once will get this reward now.

Generally a good move, but now I feel a bit stupid for completing this part first, took me about 14 matches.
Please create the 3rd person view drone as a cockpit item and give it to the people who have finished this part of the challenge before this change Posted Image

#289 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:22 AM

View PostKrellshand, on 04 September 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

So, had a fun first game in my VND 3rd person view, 600damage, 3 kills and overheating / KMD challenge all in one. But it did not register. Why?

Maybe you have died?...

#290 utzelbrutz

• PipPipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:25 AM

Interesting challenge except that you can only get 1 point per match. 11 games for 1 achievment?The TAG and NARC tasks are nice but doing this 11 rounds? Make the event 2+ weeks long and maybe this will work.

#291 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 04 September 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

This '3p viev' is unbelivable stupid... After that even i've going to hate 3p even more then i did before! Win a match with arms locked and no radar! What can be worse?! Add there 1 kill and SURVIVE ... Nothing! Nothing can be worse then this! 'Thanks" for a lot of wasted hours... no fun in this event - hard to track objectives, too low rewards and overall no sense in completing all "missions". No 'thanks' from me for that time.

I agree that the lack of "Grand prize" for completing all the challenges is a bit disappointing as frankly the rewards are pretty shallow considering the time & effort you have to spend completing them, thus why I simply played as normal (and had quite fun actually ^^).

But frankly people ... you can't complain you spent hours upon hours to get rewards of little value.
The MC value is 231MC so about less then 2bucks. So you are pretty much complaining because you slaved at a job which pays you nothing even tho its pretty clearly said in the contract how much you'll be paid for the effort...

Spend that same time working at a McDonald or whatever and you'll have much more actual money to buy a couple of thousands MC and go on a binge pimping your Mechs :P

#292 Piith

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:38 AM

ETA: it updated took longer, guess I should had waited 25 minutes, just I didn't get the pop up in the game so waited to check and nothing, normally it updates in seconds after match for me, but not this time Posted Image
All's good, but still waiting on the 3rd person to be updated

last match -

* Achieve at least 1 Solo Kill in a Match

., . . . I was already 2of3, so that should had been 3of3

* Die in a match, having achieved a minimum of 300 DMG Dealt against enemy ‘Mechs in that match

. . . was at 5 of 11, dealt well over 400 dmg . . still 5of 11

* Destroy at least 4 enemy Components in a Match

, . . striped the guy naked, but said only 2 components, hmm need my scanner calibrated I guess

Edited by Piith, 04 September 2016 - 12:44 AM.

#293 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:42 AM

All this LRM, TAG and NARC usage and I encounter game after game of morons without so much as an AMS unit... and what seems to happen is my lancemates will hide near me and suck my AMS ammo dry because they won't give up 1.5 tons for one of their own. Then they wonder why they get steamrolled by an enemy team of LRM boats.

#294 GothicVash

• PipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:03 AM

a little annoyed at the narc thing. i have watched a mech i narc'd get killed immediately when its still narc'd at least 2 dozen times now. but i only have 6. does it only apply when you get the narc kill pop up that only happens if its killed by missiles. if thats the case somethings a bit off in the wording. because it says "have narc engaged against an enemy while they are destroyed" it does not say anything about what weapons kill it.

#295 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:04 AM

View PostCathy, on 03 September 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

I'm not in this position as I own all the ECM mechs currently in game.

However, it does seem rather unfair to have events, where some of the achievements are, unobtainable to people without the equipment needed to complete, as these people are likely to be new starting players, same with the UAV detection, or coolant flush achievements 80k C-bills is petty cash to those of us that have been in the game for years, but not so a new start desperately clawing the C-bills together for another mech or a module so they can compete with the vets.

In future can you please avoid including targets that put these people at a severe disadvantage.

Severe disadvantage? Sorry lad(y), but where was the whine when it was P2W leaderboards only? Like the Cyclops challenge? Or the Lights challenge - imagine all the jocks who don't own a light... well you get the point. Plenty of time to save up some C-Bills and get your ECM mech of choice in case you don't own one already.

#296 Igchy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBKK , Thailand (Not Taiwan)

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:22 AM

Capture Assists - you have to cap in conquest and win the match.

And in Assault you need to win by cap.

-- Is this correct?

Edited by Igchy, 04 September 2016 - 01:25 AM.

#297 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:43 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 03 September 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

With a second match fulfilling the requirement and no walls I was too close too (both at Tourmaline) I can now after my 6-hour sleep say: NOT working as intended, since none of them was counted.

3rd match about an hour ago fulfilling the requirement, still no count for "the flea". I'm really fed up with PGIs incompetence.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 04 September 2016 - 01:43 AM.

#298 Krellshand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:59 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 04 September 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Maybe you have died?...

No, survived just fine

#299 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:03 AM

Gave "The flea" another try with the lowered requirement of 1 match (score page still says 3?), and can only say that i´m confused. Got a match win + kill + survive with "start in 3rd person" enabled and not switching it off throughout the match - BUT - there was a mech running closely behind me, forcing me back into cockpit for quite a while. I have the shadowplay of it.

Match ended, immediately disabled "start 3rd person" (!!!), waited a good 10 minutes, hopped into another match, won that aswell, return to garage, no premium Posted Image

Edited by burns, 04 September 2016 - 02:07 AM.

#300 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:26 AM

Of course not. The Flea challenge is just there to troll players, PGI wants to see how much derpness people are gonna be willing to take for breadcrumbs of free stuff (which isn't even stuff, but bits on their server, costing them NIL).

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users