543 replies to this topic

#321 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:22 AM

All three of my "No, not cools" today didn't register.

#322 Tester128

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

View PostDaemon04, on 04 September 2016 - 07:19 AM, said:

Thank you for highlighting that kindly which shouldve been done on the event page itself though.

That's just empiric knowledge deduced from when i got point and when i don't. That way i reliably got required 3 points as opposed to overheating only with override on and only with override off in separate matches when i got no points.

Edited by Tester128, 04 September 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#323 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:43 AM

So you need to overheat twice?

Very well.

How do you get a Defensive Kill in faction play...

Edited by Commander A9, 04 September 2016 - 07:56 AM.

#324 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostTester128, on 04 September 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

It seems i confirmed that for overheat event to register you need first overheat once with override on and then overheat once with override off so you go int heat shutdown

That seems to have worked, thank you!

#325 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Lakes, England

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

"the Flea" challenge should reward finishers with an actual flea..as in the 'mech
Mostly due to the vomit inducing, snap to god knows what reticule, and the incessant bounce on the screen/reticule you have to endure to get anywhere close this criteria

#326 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

Tag Kill is also bugged. just had a match where a mech died to LRM'S while my TAG was on him. lrm mech had no view on the dying mech yet no TAG KILL bonus.

Edited by Alienized, 04 September 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#327 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

Remember, they're all tied to achievements/reward, or most of them anyway.

"I'm the Monster" : TAG Kill
"Monster Hunting" : NARC Kill
"Like a Ninja" : TAG Stealth
"Sensory Deprivation" : Counter ECM Damage
"Hawkins Energy" : UAV Detection
"Keeping the Curiosity door closed" : UAV Kill

#328 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 September 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

Tag Kill is also bugged. just had a match where a mech died to LRM'S while my TAG was on him. lrm mech had no view on the dying mech yet no TAG KILL bonus.

I'm pretty sure I've missed a couple of those too.

#329 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

I'm pretty sure the game isn't picking up on alot of our rewards/achievements...

#330 Sydney Sender

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSegmentum Ultima, Imperium of Man.

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

I think the Devs where probably a LOTTLE drunk when they came up with this, Append "And then take a shot" To the end of each challenge for the real experience

#331 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

The truly hard one for me has been defensive kills...(mostly because conquest is never picked)

#332 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostSolathon, on 04 September 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

I think the Devs where probably a LOTTLE drunk when they came up with this, Append "And then take a shot" To the end of each challenge for the real experience

i actually think the devs made this event out of pure Troll mood since the community cried loud for a event.... and why not.
it amuses me since the comm also cries that PTS is empty...

besides, it actually shows that the devs want to notice the bugs with stuff like tag kills or narc kills. because info warfare ya know. (no sarcasm here.)
its rather pointless to put info warfare in if the registrations for such kills is massively bugged.

View PostChagatay, on 04 September 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

The truly hard one for me has been defensive kills...(mostly because conquest is never picked)

dont forget assault mode.

#333 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:19 AM

View PostRhialto, on 03 September 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

I wanted to aim for the brown color but after 20 matchs I'm still at 0... this one is too hard to achieve. 4 components is a bit much, unless there is a disco.

Twin ultra AC5s on a fast Victor or Cataphract is how I got mine. I found it quite easy that way. Might help.

#334 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:37 AM

narc kills also arent counted correctly. 4 mechs died with my narc on, several by lrms only. no narc kill.....

#335 Major0103

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

Let’s summarize what we already know about ‘the flea catastrophe’ for those who are still struggling with it out there:
When getting your back to the wall or a team-mate gets too close behind you, the TPV camera automatically gets back to the cockpit (sometimes for a very brief moment). The algorithm sees this as a deliberate (!) leaving of TPV, so if this happens, even the otherwise legitimate game (kill+win+survive) does not count. This is an extremely frustrating bug, sometimes you can’t even tell when it happened - many had games which seemed perfectly ok, but they weren’t accepted. The problem is fierce on maps with plenty of vertical walls and narrow passages (especially Mining and Crimson, Canyon for some reason…). Try to play maps with more ‘natural’ terrain (e.g. Alpine and Polar are ok). Another thing is that TPV mode is generally broken on its own: the crosshair does not move smoothly, but jumps unpredictably from object to object. Precise aiming is almost impossible. As a remedy, you can stick to LRMs, whih with all those guys narcing and tagging, is actually working, at least for me. There is also no minimap in TPV and nothing can help this except your own situational awareness. On the top of that, we all know that getting kill+win+survive in a PUG que is very random, as it heavily depends on your team, so prepare for a mindless grind and questioning of your own sanity if planning to accomplish this goal. All in all, PGI shot itself in the foot quite spectacularly, making a buggy goal from a buggy mode...

#336 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostKaptain, on 04 September 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

Twin ultra AC5s on a fast Victor or Cataphract is how I got mine. I found it quite easy that way. Might help.

I notice I'm at 3 now... I juyst keep playing and I guess it happens when I pilot mostly Assaults.

#337 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 September 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

i actually think the devs made this event out of pure Troll mood since the community cried loud for a event.... and why not.
it amuses me since the comm also cries that PTS is empty...

besides, it actually shows that the devs want to notice the bugs with stuff like tag kills or narc kills. because info warfare ya know. (no sarcasm here.)
its rather pointless to put info warfare in if the registrations for such kills is massively bugged.

dont forget assault mode.

That one isn't picked either (always skirmish/domination)

#338 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

View PostKaptain, on 04 September 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

Yeah, dakka definitely helps with the "destroy 4 components" objective. Dual and quad C-UAC10s worked well for me :) Although it's still a royal pain in the arse.

#339 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 570 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 September 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

narc kills also arent counted correctly. 4 mechs died with my narc on, several by lrms only. no narc kill.....

Did YOU kill them with homing missiles or allies? I think the YOU need to narc/tag AND kill with homing missiles.

#340 Hatmael

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

It would be friendly, if we get more time for this challenge.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users